Injury Report: Flames games postponed because of Covid

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Good call not sending them to Chicago. Can at least be home with their families now for the holidays.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
upload_2021-12-14_8-42-37.png

Damn :(

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Well this article made sense a few minutes ago. Not as much now.

How the NHL CBA’s rules around the COVID-19 pandemic affect the Calgary Flames

A reasonable guess would be that the Flames probably look at some combination of Glenn Gawdin, Walker Duehr, Matthew Phillips, Justin Kirkland, and Martin Pospisil up front, as well as Nick DeSimone and Andy Welinski on the blueline. They could also call up Eetu Tuulola, Luke Philp, Ilya Solovyov, or Kevin Gravel, but these would be big surprises.

They are unable to call up Connor Zary, Mathias Emilio Pettersen, Jakob Pelletier, Juuso Valimaki, or Connor Zary as they earn more than $850K this season. The Flames may get some additional room to recall a player by sending Brett Ritchie or Tyler Pitlick to the LTIR should they still be injured and not deemed game-ready, and may also have some additional help if Johannes Kinnvall is nearing a return from injury, but the latter seems incredibly unlikely. If they move either Ritchie or Pitlick to LTIR, they may have the space to call up another player from Stockton on a regular recall, but the cap space is very limited right now.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I've been saying all along, since the other team outbreaks happened this season, there needs to be exemption rules to the cap for teams hit by outbreaks for recalls. But Bill Daly pretty much said yeah no it's not gonna happen

I think it totally makes sense that we have to go with 11 players while the Knights and Lightning will be able to be 10-15 million over the cap in the playoffs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think it totally makes sense that we have to go with 11 players while the Knights and Lightning will be able to be 10-15 million over the cap in the playoffs.

It's funny right?
Salary cap in the NHL is broken.

That said, we can be renamed the Calgary COVIDs because literally everyone's sick.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Good thing we have those nice open 3 weeks in Feb. Postpone all the games until the end of the year and let everyone stay home

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The Flames can currently ice the following players for this Saturday's game vs CBJ.
No problem...

Dube - Backlund - Tkachuk
Coleman

Kylington - Stone

Vladar.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
At this point, the league should pull out of the Olympics, suspend the season immediately, rework the schedule to include what would have been the Olympic break, and have teams come back to practice after New Years, with games starting up again around January 10th. And during that time, have players be instructed to isolate with their families at home for the two weeks if possible. That way we could essentially quarantine every player in the league, but they still get holidays with their families, and the reworked schedule can be done by the league by New Years.

The protocols should also be adjusted to daily testing of players and trainers/coaches, so that more cases will be caught before players play games and spread it, as well as introduce new provisions allowing cap relief for teams with players on protocol, all it has to be is a team can call up a replacement player with no cap penalty as long as someone is in protocol. Once someone comes out of protocol, the call up has to be sent down immediately.

The more they drag, the worse this is going to get, and making up games and dealing with anything is going to be so much harder.

But this is a reactionary league, no proactive action ever

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Flames shut down until after the Christmas mini break... coming back to play the Oilers on Dec 27th at the earliest.
Won't that be exciting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
The Flames can currently ice the following players for this Saturday's game vs CBJ.
No problem...

Coleman

Kylington - Stone

Vladar.
Crap I like our chances...nobody can complain about a lack of ice time in that game cause it will be shinny because all the coaches are sick as well.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Had tickets to the leafs and kraken games ofc lmao. Hope they get deferred to a later date or that’ll be a bit of hurt to my wallet haha.

Hope the players are all okay. Ik everyone is tired of this shit but we all gotta make the best of it rn. So go get your boosters for that 5G+ signal guys!

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
No problem...

Coleman

Kylington - Stone

Vladar.

That's a Stanley Cup roster right there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad