Injury Report: Flames games postponed because of Covid

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
FLAMES GAMES POSTPONED AT LEAST THROUGH DEC. 16

The National Hockey League announced today that as a result of six Calgary Flames Players and one staff member entering the NHL's COVID Protocol within a 24-hour period, concern with continued spread, and the likelihood of additional positive cases in the coming days, the team's games will be postponed at least through Thursday, Dec. 16. The decision was made following consultation by the NHL's, the NHLPA's and Club's medical groups.

As an appropriate precaution, the team's training facilities have been closed, effective immediately, and will remain closed for Players until further notice. The League is in the process of reviewing and revising the Flames regular season schedule.

The Flames organization has followed, and will continue to follow, all recommended guidelines aimed at protecting the health and safety of its Players, staff and community at large as set by the NHL, local, provincial and national agencies.

Flames facebook

Elias Lindholm, Andrew Mangiapane, Brad Richardson, Adam Ruzicka, Chris Tanev, Nikita Zadorov, and a member of the training staff have entered the NHL’s COVID-19 Protoco

Reactions: Tofveve

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
So does Covid protocol mean a positive test, being exposed to oneone with covid, or either

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
So does Covid protocol mean a positive test, being exposed to oneone with covid, or either
I think it just means they've flagged something during the daily team screenings. More tests would be needed to confirm the positive.

Infection to the Flames likely would've occurred about two weeks ago if symptoms are showing up now, against Chicago, Pittsburgh or Winnipeg.

Reactions: Boomstick

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Wow that sucks. But as has been alluded to, the rest could be a good thing. unfortunately it will mean a compressed sched later. Oh well. Going to miss hockey until the 16th or whenever. Hopefully no one comes down with any serious symptoms.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Looks like those Oilers will now be able to make up the two games in hand they have over the Flames,, earlier than expected.

Screenshot_20211213-101236.png

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Does this means no team practices for the next 5 days? Or just for the 6 players who tested positive?

EDIT: Found the answer to my question..

The team expects the number of positive cases to climb over the coming days. Players on the Flames who did not test positive are not required to self-isolate, and instead continue to follow the league’s health and safety guidelines.
"As an appropriate precaution, the team’s training facilities have been closed, effective immediately, and will remain closed for Players until further notice," the league said in a release. "The league is in the process of reviewing and revising the Flames regular season schedule.

Last edited:

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
It seems to me that I read where Kylington had tested positive a day or so before the Bruins game. He was test again the next day and it came back negative.

Eric Francis has said none of the guys above are symptomatic so there must have been some reason to be tested in the first place. Or are NHL players regularly tested?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
It seems to me that I read where Kylington had tested positive a day or so before the Bruins game. He was test again the next day and it came back negative.

Eric Francis has said none of the guys above are symptomatic so there must have been some reason to be tested in the first place. Or are NHL players regularly tested?
They are tested quite regularly if I recall. Maybe even daily.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I've been trying to convince my buddy to watch the expanse.

Canadian production, and pandemic belly description .

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad