Flames fire Geoff Ward, name Darryl Sutter head coach

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Sutter hasn't aged well. He looks ancient now.

web_FLAMES_NEW_COACH_KEPKE_.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Tough to argue against Sutter's record..

Chicago - 3 yrs - 3 playoff appearances
San Jose - 5.3 yrs - 5 playoff appearances
Calgary - 2.7 yrs - 2 playoff appearances - 1 Stanley Cup final
Los Angeles - 6 yrs - 4 playoff appearances - 2 Stanley Cups

17 yrs - 14 playoff appearances - 2 Stanley Cup wins / 1 Stanley Cup loss

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Most would still describe Sutter as bargain bin....

Ya real bargain bin grab eh

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Best coach LA ever had. Really liked his physical forechecking system. LA during his tenure hit, and hit often and just ground opponents to a pulp. Of course personnel had a lot to do with it as well, but I'm not an overly huge fan of the charmin-soft p***y style now days.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
It lists both wins and losses.
All coaches get fired and my understanding was that, until recently talking to Treliving, he wasn't interested in coaching again. He also said that there was only two teams that he'd be interested in coaching... Calgary and Chicago... and zI'm pretty sure even you can figure out why those two teams.
Even me? So now you're resorting to insults because I don't agree with you? Mature.

I get you're irrationally happy that Suter is your teams one hope to not miss the playoffs by a country mile but calm down. You can convince yourself this is the greatest coaching hire of the past decade, doesn't make it true.

Don't bother replying, I'm blocking you. I have no desire to converse.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Best coach LA ever had. Really liked his physical forechecking system. LA during his tenure hit, and hit often and just ground opponents to a pulp. Of course personnel had a lot to do with it as well, but I'm not an overly huge fan of the charmin-soft p***y style now days.
But..but.. some players that played for him may not have liked him or his coaching style. Daniel Carcillo, who played 26 games under Sutter, said he was a bad man.

Reactions: thaman8765678

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
Lol there is definitely no bias in cherrypicking which stats you'd like to showcase.

Most fans are surprised he even got a head coaching job, don't act like this is highly sought after coaching grab

I think the reason most people are surprised is because Darryl hasn't seemed like he's wanted to get back into head coaching. His resume speaks for itself.

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
But..but.. some players that played for him may not have liked him or his coaching style. Daniel Carcillo, who played 26 games under Sutter, said he was a bad man.

Well I didn't play for him so not my concern. I just got to sit in the comfort of my home and watch him lead my team to 2 cups :D

Look Up

Don't be a scan tool
Oct 3, 2013

Plus, as assistant coach in 91-92 with Chicago, made Stanley Cup final.

Deegee

Oct 29, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Plus, as assistant coach in 91-92 with Chicago, made Stanley Cup final.

He's a borderline hall of fame coach for his abilities and his record over multiple eras. He has always been able to find ways to win no matter what the flavor of play is (high scoring prior to dead puck era of mid 90s, dead puck era, new era post lockout, modern era). I cannot believe people dog on him the way they do, it's absolutely ludicrous.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
This is a big hire. Sutter has a history of getting his team to perform in the playoffs with his defensive mindset.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad