Flames fire Geoff Ward, name Darryl Sutter head coach

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Babcock to Calgary next season
hahaha...no one is going to let the Leafs out of paying the last 2 or 3 years of his obscene contract...there is a reason he is a volunteer coach at the University of Saskatchewan he wants MLSE to pay it as well.

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
It is a shame all the recycling of the same coaches. Lots of coaches get the luck of a great team, cap circumvention, officiating or [other things].

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Long overdue... Finally get to see with a experienced coach who performs and who doesn't.
Unfinished business!!!!!!

Evux_aIXAAAJFaQ

This is so cursed

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
hahaha...no one is going to let the Leafs out of paying the last 2 or 3 years of his obscene contract...there is a reason he is a volunteer coach at the University of Saskatchewan he wants MLSE to pay it as well.
Oh well. It's just money and we have more than you. Means nothing to us.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
For Flames fans, congrats I guess.

As a neutral....more dead puck-esque hockey, joy.
Flames already a pretty boring team. I only see Flames discussion on this board when one of our players deliver a borderline hit. I think this works to the Flames advantage because some Flames players are way under the radar.

PumpkinBomb

Jul 22, 2020
I totally forgot that the kings locked him out of the dressing room in 2015. Wonder what that was about?

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I totally forgot that the kings locked him out of the dressing room in 2015. Wonder what that was about?

He also stripped their 2 time cup champ of the C. It’s no coincidence that Brown turned his career around after Sutter left. I will be forever grateful for his time in LA but it was his time to move on.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I like how some people bring up the player mutiny against Sutter in LA.

Sure, they were tired of him and tuned him out eventually, but you can't deny he lead them to 2 cups.

The number 1 goal of the coach is to bring out the best of your players and win the championship. He's not there to make friends.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->