Prospect Info: Flames Development Camp 2014

Yung Rotini

6 Summers
May 18, 2013
Penticton, BC
Rafikov isn't on the roster the Flames released today.

"Craig [Conroy] has been working hard to get him here for development camp," Treliving explained. "There is a visa issue, he’s having a visa issue to get into the country. To be perfectly honest, I haven’t checked on that in a few days. We’re hopeful to get him here in July."

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I would love to see Jankowski somehow carry team A on his back. I wonder why they would have them so uneven?

Defensive forwards vs. offensive forwards. They probably want to see Arnold, Jankowski and Klimchuk try to shut those players down.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
They might be trying to work on his defensive game, but no way is Janko a defensive forward.
He's one of the top defensive players on a team that runs a defense first system. He is very much a defensive forward.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He's one of the top defensive players on a team that runs a defense first system. He is very much a defensive forward.

Wow, am I just misinformed? I was under the impression that he was drafted as an offence-first centre who needed to work on his defensive and physical game. I was aware that he was playing on a defensive team, though.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Wow, am I just misinformed? I was under the impression that he was drafted as an offence-first centre who needed to work on his defensive and physical game. I was aware that he was playing on a defensive team, though.

Well he is being utilized as a defensive forward currently (as of last season). He still needs work in all areas though - offense included.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's one of the go to guys late in close games, coach Leaman has praised his defensive play time and time again. I think his defensive play is a testament to his very high overall hockey IQ

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He's one of the go to guys late in close games, coach Leaman has praised his defensive play time and time again. I think his defensive play is a testament to his very high overall hockey IQ

I see now that he's looked at as a strong two-way forward with good offensive IQ and excellent passing.

How much does he weigh these days, I wonder.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I see now that he's looked at as a strong two-way forward with good offensive IQ and excellent passing.

How much does he weigh these days, I wonder.
The Friars list him at 186 now, but I am sure he tweeted something about being 190 during the season.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I thought Poirier was injured. I would love to see a line of Gaudreau, Bennett and Poirier at camp.

I have a feeling Wolf will get in a fight with Kanzig to try and prove his toughness to the higher powers.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If Janko can get to 210-215 in 2-3 years, he'll be a force. He needs more strength to not get knocked off the puck so easily.

joeyabs

May 15, 2013
SoDoSoPa
Really going for size with the tryout guys

Scott Allen (LW) 6'3" / 201
Brendan Bell (LW) 6'2" / 203
Damian Bourne (LW) 6'4" / 212
Jason Fram (D) 6'0" / 194
Brandon Vuic (LW) 6'4" / 216
Dawson Leedahl (LW) 6'1" / 201
Lukas Zejdl (LW) 6'4" / 212
Garnet Hathaway (RW) 6'2" / 212
Casey Bailey (LW) 6'3" / 194
Chris Dienes (D) 6'2" / 194
Grayson Downing (C) 6'0" / 185
Brandon Denham (RW) 6'4" / 205
Adam Chapie (RW) 6'1" / 174

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

He was, but they/he really focused in on his defensive game this year, and he learned a bit of a shut-down role you could say. Learning to use his size.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Boy there is a ton of firepower on Group B.
JG, Poirier and Bennett. Yikes.

They look like they went the road of:
Offensive forwards vs defensive forwards.

Oddly enough, I see group A getting W's at the scrimmage.

I really hope Jankowski looks incredible. Tired of hating the guy really because of our teams incompetence at that draft. Please Janko. Let me love you :laugh:

I think Klimchuk will turn some heads, and it will be fun to see what we have in Wolf.

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Will be interesting to see what Jankowski can do in the scrimmage games. Also super happy to see Patrick Sieloff is healthy enough to be there, can't wait for him to start his pro career.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calgary Flames @NHLFlames · 2h
FYI: Gillies, Jankowski, Poirier & Hathaway are at #Flames development camp but will not participate in on-ice sessions.

I'm guessing with sessions being pluralized, will not be on the ice at all.

This is the most disappointing thing since the Matrix sequels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad