Post-Game Talk: Flames def. Canucks - 4-1(Gadjovich)

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Team has no defensively capable anything BECAUSE of the coaching. Defense takes buying into a plan, and working hard. No one seems to know what the plan is. A fairly talented roster not on the same page. Not that upgrades aren't needed, but I swear Green and Bummer would miss the playoffs coaching Tampa somehow.

it’s probably a bit of both but who does this team currently have that is the realm of Kesler, Hansen, prime Malholtra? *any* defensively responsible forwards?

Sutter is god awful and not (and I wish we went after Stall instead)

Edit: Dickinson is a start

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
it’s probably a bit of both but who does this team currently have that is the realm of Kesler, Hansen, prime Malholtra? *any* defensively responsible forwards?

Sutter is god awful and not (and I wish we went after Stall instead)

Edit: Dickinson is a start
Sutter was once respectible in that (even as a Canuck). But he's not remotely that player anymore.

As to blaming the coaching from that other poster....Clark could have had a million years with Red Light Holtby. You can't undo the effects of time on an athlete.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Green called out his team after the Flames loss....says they just weren't very good...looked to me like they couldn't complete a six-foot pass all night long.

Of course with half the Canucks team comprised of bubble guys or outright AHL players, I'm not sure what you could expect. Podkozlin had a pretty invisible night. It'll be interesting to see if Green sticks with that Miller-Garland-Podkolzin line. Green seems to be giving them a lot of rope in pre-season, but they need to start putting up some points.

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad