GDT: Flames @ Blues: 6pm MT on SNW

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Truth be told, Johnny's attitude sucks but he shouldnt be asked to carry a franchise on his back. he's not paid to be a McDavid.

Maybe look at the guy who failed to spend the cap space on forwards who can help carry the team.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Truth be told, Johnny's attitude sucks but he shouldnt be asked to carry a franchise on his back. he's not paid to be a McDavid.

Maybe look at the guy who failed to spend the cap space on forwards who can help carry the team.

Like Lucic?

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
It’s been a while since I posted here, but watching the flames just depresses me. The team just seems to have no heart overall.

Some of the players care, Rittich being the one I notice the most because he’s actually upset whenever things go wrong. Some of the Forwards and D care as well and actually try but if the entire team isn’t trying, then nothing will happen that’s good. It’s been frustrating watching this team for the past few years, and this year is even more so because the players who give a damn are being dragged down by those who seemingly don’t.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Did I say his struggles are not his own? Jesus Christ dude.

If you can't see that Gaudreau is frustrated with Monahan then I don't know what to tell you.

No denying he's been bad this year. But he's been way better than Monahan, who can't even play on his own line without getting absolutely dominated.

Monahan plays with Tkachuk and Mangiapane one game, gets an assist. Same game Gaudreau goes pointless and continues to look absolutely lost.

[mod]

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hard not to be mad right now. We aren't even mediocre. We are just.... bad. Like watching the Blue Jays in the late 90's.

Reactions: Basko34

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Monahan plays with Tkachuk and Mangiapane one game, gets an assist. Same game Gaudreau goes pointless and continues to look absolutely lost.

[mod]
He had a secondary assist... he threw the puck back to the point thats it. The goal was all Mangiapane.

The two games where Lindholm was the 1C (not Backlund) Gaudreau had two assists (Primary) while Monahan had one (secondary) and was pinned his own zone for two straight games with Bennett and Quine as his wingers.

Just as cherry picked and just as useless of a measure.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005

[mod]

Monahan was completely dominated when asked to be the best player on his line.

What's Monahan's 5v5 p/60 without Gaudreau? Like 1.4?

Dude is nowhere close to a 1C. A true 1C can score 60+ points while being the best player on his line. Monahan is not capable of that.

Reactions: Deen

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Monahan was completely dominated when asked to be the best player on his line.

What's Monahan's 5v5 p/60 without Gaudreau? Like 1.4?

Dude is nowhere close to a 1C. A true 1C can score 60+ points while being the best player on his line. Monahan is not capable of that.

I am more upset that he looks like a p***y out there...him and Janks..soft and dont give a shit for big guys.

DubeWheresMyCar

Sep 26, 2018
It's one game, guys, quite honest.

It's been "one game" for the last six. When is the "It's one game, guys" motif going to be put to bed? They suck right now and they have to figure it out. Hopefully the closed door meeting pays some dividends.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
They have 6 very winnable games coming up, which will determine the season. Philly is playing well, but Pitt is banged up.. then Buffalo twice, who is playing just as bad, Ottawa and LA. If they can manage to win 5 of 6 then the season might not be over yet.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Edit: don’t want to speculate on Johnny and Monahan. Deleted my response

Last edited:

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Don't really understand Peters sometimes. Sure Reider is a 4th liner but he's shown speed, good PK and generates a few chances from time to time. But instead Peters does the classic dumb NHL coach move we've seen thousands of times - put in a talentless enforcer like Rinaldo to try to "inspire" or "spark" the team. We already have Lucic in the lineup who's actually been pretty good lately.

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Don't really understand Peters sometimes. Sure Reider is a 4th liner but he's shown speed, good PK and generates a few chances from time to time. But instead Peters does the classic dumb NHL coach move we've seen thousands of times - put in a talentless enforcer like Rinaldo to try to "inspire" or "spark" the team. We already have Lucic in the lineup who's actually been pretty good lately.
Peter's has made some questionable lineup choices for sure, but Rinaldo actually looked good out there. Couple chances, good cycling shifts and stuck up for Mange.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad