GDT: Flames @ Blues: 6pm MT on SNW

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Also, it wasn't just that we got dominated in the playoffs last year.

We were effing dominant up until the All-Star break last year. And it wasn't immediately apparent that Johnny dropped off at that point.

It was effing apparent that Mony disappeared for the rest of the season at that point. At the All-Star break. Dunzo. And hasn't been back.

We picked up points after that by fluke.

But make no mistake prior to the All-Star Break last year our top line was a top 3 line in the league for give or take 3 months.

So let's figure that out.

And yes, maybe there are off-ice issues.

Reactions: Deen

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

We were effing dominant up until the All-Star break last year. And it wasn't immediately apparent that Johnny dropped off at that point.

It was effing apparent that Mony disappeared for the rest of the season at that point. At the All-Star break. Dunzo. And hasn't been back.

But make no mistake prior to the All-Star Break last year our top line was a top 3 line in the league for give or take 3 months.

I think that's what's really going on. Monahan stole Johnny's girlfriend or something. Or they crossed swords.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
The scary thing is that Ras isn't even "that" good. He's solid and improving, but he's just not overly skilled at anything. I'm happy with the fact that he's solid and dependable and that is good to have on D. He's been our best this season by quite a bit.

Huge part of our future hinges on well Valimaki develops, but hard to be optimistic when he's always hurt, but boy did he look good against Colorado in the playoffs.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think that's what's really going on. Monahan stole Johnny's girlfriend or something. Or they crossed swords.

Well something. I hope it wasn't that Mony felt he got snubbed for the AS game and Johnny got the recognition. But it seems to me it's something off-ice. People scoffed at video game addiction stuff. So fine, I don't think it's that unrealistic, but then it's something else. And that really sucks. Some shit really threw things for a loop. And I'm sorry, but it seems like something is effed with Mony.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Huge part of our future hinges on well Valimaki develops, but hard to be optimistic when he's always hurt, but boy did he look good against Colorado in the playoffs.

I hope he does too. But I honestly don't remember anything good from that Colorado series lol. But I trust what you are saying.

Mark Storcer

Jan 7, 2018
Get the **** out of here with this garbage.

Gaudreau has been the Flames worst player this year and it's his own damn fault, get off his nuts, he's trash this year and doesn't give a single **** out there.

So speedy Lucic is better LOL

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Well something. I hope it wasn't that Mony felt he got snubbed for the AS game and Johnny got the recognition. But it seems to me it's something off-ice. People scoffed at video game addiction stuff. So fine, I don't think it's that unrealistic, but then it's something else. And that really sucks. Some **** really threw things for a loop. And I'm sorry, but it seems like something is effed with Mony.

Maybe the JG party animal rumors are true.. definitely doesn't look like he takes training serious.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Maybe the JG party animal rumors are true.. definitely doesn't look like he takes training serious.
I've never heard this rumor.

But when looking back last year he played good in the AS game and I didn't notice his play drop off afterward.

He may have not had a great offseason this year though.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
If everyone on the Flames turned into Sam Bennett we'd be on a 7 game win streak.

It's no coincidence that we're winless without him and Brodie, and our only effective line (Lucic-Ryan-Dube) is the line that most plays Bennett style 200 foot hockey.
I knew you were going to respond to that.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Devils fan here coming in peace (I go to as many flames games a year as I can as I live somewhat close )
Last year watching the flames , I felt that your top line was as good as the Landeskog MacK Rantanen and Pasta Berg Marchand lines at one point . Top 3 line in the league IMO.

What the hell happened ? It makes no sense to me at all.
Johnny was unstoppable for a stretch and Monahan buried anything that touched his stick .
I just don’t get how such a drastic turn around can happen like that.

Trading one of Monahan or Johnny would be a mistake . They are too good to give up on unless they are blown away with a trade offer.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
They're very true and it's not just Johnny.

Good, he can enjoy philly then and gtfo. He can snort his coke and do whatever the f*** all and screw his life in short order. Can’t believe our team acts like a bunch of 19 year old frats ffs. These guys are almost 30 for Christ sakes.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Devils fan here coming in peace (I go to as many flames games a year as I can as I live somewhat close )
Last year watching the flames , I felt that your top line was as good as the Landeskog MacK Rantanen and Pasta Berg Marchand lines at one point . Top 3 line in the league IMO.

What the hell happened ? It makes no sense to me at all.
Johnny was unstoppable for a stretch and Monahan buried anything that touched his stick .
I just don’t get how such a drastic turn around can happen like that.

Trading one of Monahan or Johnny would be a mistake . They are too good to give up on unless they are blown away with a trade offer.

It's all good.

We as Flames fans can forget how things were at certain times. I hate to say it but Monahan has had seasonal dropoffs and it seems the All-Star break initiates a yearly occurance. But the thing is last year was an exceptional dropoff and there never was a return for that line.

A person can probably get dubs for speculating, but again, guys in the dressing room need to get honest and hold their teammates accountable for off-ice crap too. If it's substance issues, not sleeping due to whatever, if it's gf/wife affairs - all this crap has happened even on good teams and or can really ruin a good thing.

In the last 3 or so years, as much as Johnny can whine a bit to the refs and stuff, he's been more consistent over the season than Mony. And sure, SM has has injuries, but it's inexcusable. And last year our amazing play fell off the continent at the All-Star break and never returned. And at least I saw effort, try and some decent play from Johnny. Lindy was more or less okay throughout. Mony has been nowhere to be seen.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Good, he can enjoy philly then and gtfo. He can snort his coke and do whatever the **** all and screw his life in short order. Can’t believe our team acts like a bunch of 19 year old frats ffs. These guys are almost 30 for Christ sakes.

Almost 30 , really rich, never had any real responsibility except hang out with the boys and play games....I do not think I would be that much different at that age with nothing but disposable income, traveling to some of the best cities in North America.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
CP poster dropping truth bombs:

"The last two games, something else became really obvious to me.

Dube was one of the better players, in both games. Not because he's more talented than Johnny, or more driven than Backlund, but because he hasn't caught whatever the problem is in the dressing room. He's too new.

Rinaldo also didn't look bad, in comparison to everyone else. That's crazy."

Something is wrong with this team. Idk what, but its baaad.

Reactions: Tofveve

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I'm about to turn 30 and this jabroni team has won 4 playoff series in my lifetime. They will be the least successful team in that span assuming the Islanders win a playoff series this year.

Hell, if not for a phantom call Vegas would've won as many series wins in the lifetime of a toddler who couldn't talk as this team has won in mine. I cannot think of another way to exemplify this team's success at achieving mediocrity.

If they are going to be bad this year, do it right instead of going for the 11th-15th pick. This "we're above tanking" thing is all goody two-shoe nonsense.

And the players should be ashamed of themselves for their play. Gaudreau had a chance at being a f***ing legend in this city, but he'll go down as yet another choker in the list of many failed cores.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Full disclosure. I am not even a fan of Johnny and how he plays. Not just butt hurt about the game. I don't think we can win with Gaudreau. In my heart of hearts I just don't see it happening.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Changes have to be made when you get blown them f*** out like this multiple times in such a short span. The so called leadership group here should be gutted by next season

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I will say this. If they can get their sh** together they will be a better team for it. It's a struggle, but if they find a way to come together it will make them a harder team to beat in the Playoffs.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
One more kick in the groin from our management team, is that Engelland would probably have been our 2nd best D for the last two years. And we didn't protect him. Can't speak for him this year, but for the last 2 he's been very solid and huge key to Vegas' run in 2018. IMO.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well.... sure glad I went to see Ford v Ferrari tonight. The movie was great! Probably not a lot of Flames fans can say that about the game tonight.

I think I'm going to take a break for a while from watching the Flames play. I prefer going to bed at night in a good mood rather than pissed off.

Ford v Ferrari..... two thumbs up! Go see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->