GDT: Flames @ Blues: 6pm MT on SNW

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Monahan was completely dominated when asked to be the best player on his line.

What's Monahan's 5v5 p/60 without Gaudreau? Like 1.4?

Dude is nowhere close to a 1C. A true 1C can score 60+ points while being the best player on his line. Monahan is not capable of that.
TBF, Mony usually gets the weaker linemates when the pair gets split up. Ya he has to be better, but at least I can see progression in Monys game. Johnny tries the same shit every game with the same results.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
TBF, Mony usually gets the weaker linemates when the pair gets split up. Ya he has to be better, but at least I can see progression in Monys game. Johnny tries the same **** every game with the same results.
You are right about Johnny
But wrong on monny

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I thought I was a bad fan for wanting to tank lol.

In all seriousness, this team looks like a joke. They may be the worst team in the league rn.
Hey mate. I hate tanking. Tanking is the easiest and the last option available.

I hate bleeding, we shouldn't go down this route. We are a proud canadian team with a great history and values. This City loves hockey and the expectations are high. The players should take this responsibility on a daily basis and be prepared to give their best to support our faith in them in order to achieve our goals.

I don't believe that all of them are doing it at the moment. I don't feel that they are recognizing the fact that we do believe in them, that we see them as our heroes, our ambassadors to die on the ice to give it all.

I feel that a change is needed and a kick in the ass is needed. Some guys perhaps forgot that we are Calgary Flames. Team that always find a way to win.

Get rid of those who don't believe, raise the flag and keep fighting back.

We can do it!

If it means to go all in and trade our most valuable assets to improve ourselves, I would do it in a heart beat.

We are a club, a culture, the future.

We are the Calgary Flames.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
TBF, Mony usually gets the weaker linemates when the pair gets split up.

That's debateable. These have been the lines I can remember when the two have been split up since their initial pairing

Gaudreau - Bennett - Jooris
Frolik - Monahan - Hudler

Bennett - Monahan - Brouwer
(Gaudreau injured)

Gaudreau - Bennett - Chiasson
Versteeg - Monahan - Ferland

Gaudreau - Jankowski - Foo
(Monahan injured)

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Quine - Monahan - Bennett

Gaudreau - Backlund - Lindholm
Mangiapane - Monahan - Tkachuk

Now while the bolded is the lone instance of Gaudreau having better linemates, it also has Elias Lindholm playing center, a position he does not typically play and has no meaningful body of work playing.

I'd argue guys like Jooris and Chiasson are downgrades on guys like Versteeg and Ferland and Hudler otoh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad