GDT: Flames @ Blues: 6pm MT on SNW

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I know Johnny would look in the right situation and it would suck for us.

Unfortunately I'm not a Hall fan. Must be all the injuries and his Oilers days.

And dang I don't want to give up on Johnny.

I'd rather package Mony with Brody another body for a 1st line center. Something like that. Make it happen. Get some size and skill with Johnny. But unfortunately Johnny may not want to be here. Maybe he's peaked due to size. Maybe it's discouragement due to feeling like that. Something doesn't feel right and maybe it's not even him.
You don't want Hall he's terrible lol.

Gaudreau is a special special player who is visibly frustrated by his center. Whether it's justified or not, the body language from Gaudreau tells me he's tired of carrying their duo. His game is all about speed, give and gos, quick plays, and creativity - he needs a counterpart who can bring those things out in his game. Unfortunately, Monahan does the opposite - he forces the game to go slower and become static. That doesn't mean Monahan is a bad player, but it's quite easy to see why a player like Gaudreau could get frustrated having to play at Monahan's speed.

IMO, Gaudreau needs to do his best to get over it and try to make the best out of a bad situation, as it's obvious that the coaching staff has no real intention of ever separating the two.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Gaudreau is a special special player who is visibly frustrated by his center. Whether it's justified or not, the body language from Gaudreau tells me he's tired of carrying their duo. His game is all about speed, give and gos, quick plays, and creativity - he needs a counterpart who can bring those things out in his game. Unfortunately, Monahan does the opposite - he forces the game to go slower and become static. That doesn't mean Monahan is a bad player, but it's quite easy to see why a player like Gaudreau could get frustrated having to play at Monahan's speed.

IMO, Gaudreau needs to do his best to get over it and try to make the best out of a bad situation, as it's obvious that the coaching staff has no real intention of ever separating the two.

Get the f*** out of here with this garbage.

Gaudreau has been the Flames worst player this year and it's his own damn fault, get off his nuts, he's trash this year and doesn't give a single f*** out there.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Even if they do it's gonna be another quick exit.
At least this has exposed the flaws this team has, hopefully they can be addressed in the off-season but we shall see I guess.

Yeah we should just tank for a high level Centre. I don't see how we salvage the season right now.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
giphy.gif

GFG
Indeed

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West

I pretty much agree with you.

I've seen it for three years that Mony isn't a contending team's first line center. Our management team should have seen this too.

I've seen for at least 3 years that Brodie was overvalued when he was thought of as a Norris candidate. Calgary management should have seen this too.

Brodie for sure should have been traded while he had high value between 2 and 5 years ago.

Mony could still garner good return for a team with some depth up the middle. This was Toronto's case last year with Kadri on the books.

Regardless, blockbuster trades can happen with a bunch of bodies going for a superstar. We need a bonafide #1 center. If we do that and Johnny still is struggling he'll have to go. But that would still be a year or two later with lots of prime and value left.

Flames management screwed up.

The book is out on Brodie, Bennett and now Mony. It's a bloody shame because now what? What can we offer to get a superstar (or close to it)?

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I'd overpay for Brady. Johnny plus anyone else you want but our first rounder, his brother or Rasmus Andersson and Valiamaki.
Melnyk is not gonna trade a young stud like Brady who makes o.925$ for Gaudreau and another player and increase the payroll. The Sens are in rebuilt mode right now. So adding Gaudreau would make no sense. Don't get me wrong Johnny is a very good hockey player but i doubt the Sens would be interested.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Melnyk is not gonna trade a young stud like Brady who makes o.925$ for Gaudreau and another player and increase the payroll. The Sens are in rebuilt mode right now. So adding Gaudreau would make no sense. Don't get me wrong Johnny is a very good hockey player but i doubt the Sens would be interested.

Fair enough, I mean our fan base isn't even interested in Johnny, so I don't blame you.

Reactions: albator71

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Get the **** out of here with this garbage.

Gaudreau has been the Flames worst player this year and it's his own damn fault, get off his nuts, he's trash this year and doesn't give a single **** out there.

Did I say his struggles are not his own? Jesus Christ dude.

If you can't see that Gaudreau is frustrated with Monahan then I don't know what to tell you.

No denying he's been bad this year. But he's been way better than Monahan, who can't even play on his own line without getting absolutely dominated.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
The scary thing is that Ras isn't even "that" good. He's solid and improving, but he's just not overly skilled at anything. I'm happy with the fact that he's solid and dependable and that is good to have on D. He's been our best this season by quite a bit.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
The scary thing is that Ras isn't even "that" good. He's solid and improving, but he's just not overly skilled at anything. I'm happy with the fact that he's solid and dependable and that is good to have on D. He's been our best this season by quite a bit.

He’s a fine 2nd pairing guy, but yup this.

Reactions: Tofveve

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad