GDT: Flames at Canucks - 8:00pm Sportsnet

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Since we're all not in a great mood with how the Flames look tonight, did you see TSN's top 50 NHL players?
Not one Flame in the top 50. Way to represent, boys.

At least this year I'm not going into the season with high expectations which I normally have.
Stranger things have happened. Maybe we'll find some chemistry.
I for one am still happy there's some new young blood instead of the same old slow and old 4th line plugs.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Since we're all not in a great mood with how the Flames look tonight, did you see TSN's top 50 NHL players?
Not one Flame in the top 50. Way to represent, boys.

At least this year I'm not going into the season with high expectations which I normally have.
Stranger things have happened. Maybe we'll find some chemistry.
I for one am still happy there's some new young blood instead of the same old slow and old 4th line plugs.
I'd be stunned if they are a playoff team. Sutter was a toxic POS, but the team is older and the goalies need to get a lot better. They look so slow too.

Reactions: Boomstick

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If I'm correct, Huby-Lindholm have 2 (maybe 3) es pts amongst them this pre-season?

Same thing last pre-season. They didn't figure the chemistry out after the fact.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I know Sutter was an asshole but do you think Huska is too nice?
These guys tonight are playing like they are in the 4th game of a 6 day road trip.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Have Huby-Lindholm made even one cerebral wow wow play in the per-season?

Like seriously, its one thing to say you have to establish chemistry. Those two don't have it.

Ugh. Just painful and boring hockey.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Demko has his mojo back. Finished the game with a .944 Sv%

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's always hilarious to me that people quote single game SV%, it's the definition of tiny sample size.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
More hilarious is people caring about pre-season hockey. Vets know the season is 82 games long, they aren't going out there to do anything other than get their cardio back.

Markstrom letting in more soft goals though is concerning, losing another season because we couldn't get any goaltending until after the All-Star break will be beyond painful.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
More hilarious is people caring about pre-season hockey. Vets know the season is 82 games long, they aren't going out there to do anything other than get their cardio back.

Markstrom letting in more soft goals though is concerning, losing another season because we couldn't get any goaltending until after the All-Star break will be beyond painful.
Soft goals?

Goal #1 was through a screen. Goal #2 was a breakaway and #3 was shelfed from in tight.

You are right about the pre-season though. Get cardio and timing back, and try not to get injured.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Bring on the regular season

once-breach.gif

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Have Huby-Lindholm made even one cerebral wow wow play in the per-season?

Like seriously, its one thing to say you have to establish chemistry. Those two don't have it.

Ugh. Just painful and boring hockey.

Is there another team out there with a less inspiring group of players? Old, expensive, tepid, devoid of any creativity. Treliving utterly destroyed the near future of this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad