GDT: Flames at Canucks - 8:00pm Sportsnet

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Has Sharangovich scored a point or done anything useful?

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If Lindholm is moved back to wing we really can't be paying him 9m+

And that's the only way I can see it working with Huberdeau. Good goal

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Markstrom is struggling. Its only a matter of time before he lets in another one.

Reactions: Boomstick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure I like the combo of Rango, Coronato and Backlund, I think a grittier guy like Coleman fits better than Rango.

Nice moves by Weegs

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Huby-Kadri show more chemistry in 30 secs than the top line has put together all pre-season.

Its inevitable at some point. You have to put guys in a position to succeed...

Reactions: deleted user

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm not sure I like the combo of Rango, Coronato and Backlund, I think a grittier guy like Coleman fits better than Rango.

Nice moves by Weegs
Probably but they aren't going to put the guy they got in return for Toffoli on the 4th line and he certainly doesn't belong on the 2nd or 1st from what I've seen so far. Politics.

Huby-Kadri show more chemistry in 30 secs than the top line has put together all pre-season.

Its inevitable at some point. You have to put guys in a position to succeed...
Politics. They want the guy they are paying $10.5m and the center they are going to pay $9m playing together.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Probably but they aren't going to put the guy they got in return for Toffoli on the 4th line and he certainly doesn't belong on the 2nd or 1st from what I've seen so far. Politics.

Politics. They want the guy they are paying $10.5m and the center they are going to pay $9m playing together.
Sutter went apeshit last year, but he was absolutely right about giving up on that duo.

Lindholm is not a f***ing puck-carrying centre!!!! Huberdeay isn't a puck-carrying winger!!!! They each need others to do that sort of work!!!!!

Same sort of thing going this pre-season as last one. They are just dumping the puck and going for the cycle and generating nothing. They aren't dangerous.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Honestly, what you or I see means nothing, it doesn't make it political. He needs time to find his footing on a new team. He's been bounced around so far and will eventually find a role.

I'd even be fine with Rango flanking Coleman and Backlund, I just think both Rango and Coronato are both shooters first and we'd benefit if they were on different lines.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
2 assists in 5 games.

Zary was +4 and had had 3 points in 4 games and was still sent down because who needs skill when you can have Schwindt's 0 points and -4 in 5 games.
I suspect Zary was sent down because the only spot for him on the Flames was on the 4th line and they didn't want him languishing on the bench playing 8-10 minutes a night.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Just wanted to say when the Nucks were in our zone for well over 2 minutes, it was all because of Oesterle. Had a chance to dump the puck twice and turned it over.

Coronato just got rocked and mayhem ensues.
He's not a top 6 NHL caliber dman. He can play #7 minutes in a pinch, but I wish we put someone else there.

Reactions: Boomstick

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I suspect Zary was sent down because the only spot for him on the Flames was on the 4th line and they didn't want him languishing on the bench playing 8-10 minutes a night.
I remember they told Bennett there was no spot at C for him. It belonged to Derek Ryan

deleted user

Sponsor
Dec 16, 2019
Back of eyes feel sore as fffff. Good luck Flames. Time to turn off lights and TV.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Marky looks dialed in, if he stays healthy I think Calgary is going to be a big threat this season. Look miles better without Sutter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad