Friedman: Flames are in on Jagr

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
You'd think Jagr would be chasing one last cup at the end of his career.
First Florida then Calgary?

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
You'd think Jagr would be chasing one last cup at the end of his career.
First Florida then Calgary?

I don't think a cup is as important to him as financial security and a good place to live.

Just because Flames want Jagr doesn't mean Jagr wants the flames.. I think he goes to a SJ or ANA myself, somewhere warm

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Gaudreau-Monahan-Jagr would be eerily reminiscent of Huberdeau-Barkov-Jagr.

I think Jagr enjoys wearing the mentor hat, so I suspect he'll find Calgary's situation appealing. They definitely could use another guy for the right side.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Why hasn't Jagr signed with Washington yet?

CGY makes enough sense, I guess. But I thought he would be perfect for WSH, and I'm surprised there's no chatter about any interest.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'd want him on the 3rd line with Bennett.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Jagr
Lazar - Stajan - Brouwer

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It would be cool to see Jagr a lot, even as a Flame.

I wonder if he's a great fit there though. He might not be best used as a first liner anymore, but he might still need a center about as good as Barkov in order to do really well. Or maybe I'm wrong and he is a first line player, and maybe I'm wrong and he could excel with Calgary's depth centers.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

I wonder if he's a great fit there though. He might not be best used as a first liner anymore, but he might still need a center about as good as Barkov in order to do really well. Or maybe I'm wrong and he is a first line player, and maybe I'm wrong and he could excel with Calgary's depth centers.

Because Monahan and Backlund are "depth" centers.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

I think the third line with Bennett is the best fit.

Because Monahan and Backlund are "depth" centers.

I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

He was questioning how well he'd do away from a centerman like Barkov. Then he admitted he could be wrong, and his production may not be tied to Barkov. Or he could do really well in a 3rd/4th line role. I don't think he was trying to claim Monahan/Backlund are depth centers.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
They must have watched the tapes of Jagr decimating the Oilers for the past decade

Why would they do that when they could just reminisce on the flames dominating the Oilers for 10+ years straight?

Jagr would look excellent on any of the flames top three lines. My preference would be to try him with Bennett.

Gaudreau-Monahan-Lazar
Tkachuk-Bennett-Jagr
Ferland-Backlund-Frolik
Versteeg-Stajan-Brouwer

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Jagr played briefly under Gulutzan in Dallas, and I believe he said he enjoyed playing for him.

If he decided to play out West, which is always his bugaboo, then this seems to make a ton of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad