Friedman: Flames are in on Jagr

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
[nhl2]c-52491403[/nhl2]

Elliotte also mentions the Ducks as a team that he'd heard that was possibly interested at one point, but says that is not the case. The Flames are the only team he really mentions as being interested.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
[nhl2]c-52491403[/nhl2]

Elliotte also mentions the Ducks as a team that he'd heard that was possibly interested at one point, but says that is not the case. The Flames are the only team he really mentions as being interested.

Jagr finally plays for a Canadian team@!:amazed:

that said it be awesome. The Flames all of a sudden will be a hot ticket in Vancouver.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I've been expecting this literally all summer. Calgary is one of the few teams that actually makes sense, and the others don't have the cap space or might have younger guys they have to give the opportunity to.

Potential payoff is a lot greater than not signing anyone. Right side could use some help.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Papa Jagr
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Brouwer/Ferland
Lazar - Stajan - Ferland/Brouwer
Foo/Jankowski/Hamilton

I mean as slow as Jags is, his line with Barkov and Huberdeau was still a beast at times last season. And if he runs out of gas move Ferland back there on the 1st line and play Jagr on the 3rd line.

Last edited:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Nooooooo

I want the young guys to get a chance. Why the hell would they bring back Versteeg if they wanted to go after another vet.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Nooooooo

I want the young guys to get a chance. Why the hell would they bring back Versteeg if they wanted to go after another vet.

They can get a decent shot if injuries roll around. Just because the Flames were largely healthy last year doesn't mean it'll happen again.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Spencer Foo or Emile Poirier light it up on Monahan and Gaudreau's wing, but either they have to prove their worth in camp first or really stand out if they get called up. Otherwise, I'd rather go for the more proven commodity.

Butanic

May 29, 2017
Calgary
Nooooooo

It'll probably be Lazar and Jankowski competing for a roster spot. That, or the Flames also have a deal in the works to send one of their depth guys like Stajan to another team for cheap.

Butanic

May 29, 2017
Calgary
Can't say I would complain, but man that would make it tough for anybody to make the roster. Unless they're willing to waive Brouwer.

Or send down Lazar, or use Lazar or Stajan as the 13th forward, or trade Stajan.

Or injuries.

Too much depth is a better problem than not enough depth.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I've been expecting this literally all summer. Calgary is one of the few teams that actually makes sense, and the others don't have the cap space or might have younger guys they have to give the opportunity to.

Potential payoff is a lot greater than not signing anyone. Right side could use some help.

Gaudreau - Monahan - Papa Jagr
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Versteeg - Bennett - Brouwer/Ferland
Lazar - Stajan - Ferland/Brouwer
Foo/Jankowski/Hamilton

I mean as slow as Jags is, his line with Barkov and Huberdeau was still a beast at times last season. And if he runs out of gas move Ferland back there on the 1st line and play Jagr on the 3rd line.

Versteeg plays better on RW, as he's a RHS. Ferland vice versa, Ferland only plays RW with G and M because Gaudreau is best suited as a LW.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
It'll probably be Lazar and Jankowski competing for a roster spot. That, or the Flames also have a deal in the works to send one of their depth guys like Stajan to another team for cheap.

I'd take Lazar in Edmonton for a pick

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
This would be awesome. I'd love to see Jags play with either Johnny/Mony or Bennett. Would be a great boost to our top 9 and more than anything I think his presence would be huge to teach the kids how to win.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It's a romantic notion to pencil Jagr in on the first line.

If the Flames do sign him, he should never play any higher than the 2nd line and some PP. Personally I see him playing with Bennett on the 3rd and on the 2nd PP unit.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
It's a romantic notion to pencil Jagr in on the first line.

If the Flames do sign him, he should never play any higher than the 2nd line and some PP. Personally I see him playing with Bennett on the 3rd and on the 2nd PP unit.

Probably right. At this point ferland could skate circles around jagr.

Takes away the likelihood of my Tkachuk Bennet jankowski line though. Stajan, brouwer, and jagr in the bottom six just seems like to much for me

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Be a good add for Calgary. Bennett needs someone to cycle with and help produce.

Can we shoot Brouwer into the moon, or sun; hell both during the eclipse.

Aug 3, 2010
It's been rumoured as much all summer, and as much I'd love Jagr in Calgary (and feel justified with getting a jersey with his name in the future) I feel like he has no real desire to come to a Canadian tram still, despite his low demand.

Curious if he's trying to use Calgary as a bargaining chip to drive up the price with an American team, because there shouldn't really be much hold up from Treliving's side in regards to signing him if he wants to be here. Yes, there are kids waiting to prove themselves (the way it is on basically every team on any given year) but neither they or Bennett's contract should have much sway in signing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad