Proposal: Flames and Avs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Not bad actually, pretty good for everyone. Calgary gets younger and a nice young D, avs push for another cup run.

Reactions: wetcoast

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I have no doubt whatsoever Lindholm returns a 1st, prospect, and potentially young roster player. I have no doubt Tanev likely can return at least a 2nd but maybe even a 1st.

I have 102% certainty with a 2% margin for error that the Flames would get all of that from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for two rentals.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
I have no doubt whatsoever Lindholm returns a 1st, prospect, and potentially young roster player. I have no doubt Tanev likely can return at least a 2nd but maybe even a 1st.

I have 102% certainty with a 2% margin for error that the Flames would get all of that from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for two rentals.

What if we take Johansen so you can extend Lindy XD

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
It’d be more like 1st, 2nd and Ritchie for those two imo

2nd and Ritchie for Lindholm and a late first for Tanev.

Switch Hanifin for Tanev and I could see it value wise but I don’t think the Avs need Hanifin

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
It’d be more like 1st, 2nd and Ritchie for those two imo

2nd and Ritchie for Lindholm and a late first for Tanev.

Switch Hanifin for Tanev and I could see it value wise but I don’t think the Avs need Hanifin

Ritchie has 41 points in his first 25 OHL games this season after recovering from shoulder surgery, scoring at the best PPG rate in the league. To me, he's showing that maybe he only dropped to 27OA because he played most of his draft year with a torn labrum, and his talent might be closer to a top 5 pick. No, he won't help them this year, and maybe not next year either, but he is exactly the kind of affordable, high skill player that they need to make more runs at the Cup. Having him on his ELC for 3 years could be a huge advantage and trading him for a single roll of the dice with Lindholm before he gets a stupid contract in UFA would be a huge mistake.

And the Avs don't have a 2nd until 2026.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
If that’s what Conroy thinks, this will be a very lonely, disappointing trade deadline for Flames fans.
You dont believe an elite defensive Centre who has shown he is capable of scoring 40 goals isnt worth a first and a meh prospect?

Cool.

• Haha
Reactions: Muffin

Avs44

May 16, 2011
You dont believe an elite defensive Centre who has shown he is capable of scoring 40 goals isnt worth a first and a meh prospect?

Cool.
Did you miss the existence of Bowen Byram in the proposal or what? You said "this gets Lindholm only" in response to a proposal sending Byram, Ritchie (who very much isn't a "meh" prospect -- he was the Avs' first rounder last year and is progressing well), and a 1st to Calgary.

And you can't really hang your hat on the "40 goal" thing as if it pertains to Lindholm's current, pending UFA value. He managed 22 last year and is pacing for 14 this season.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Did you miss the existence of Bowen Byram in the proposal or what? You said "this gets Lindholm only" in response to a proposal sending Byram, Ritchie (who very much isn't a "meh" prospect -- he was the Avs' first rounder last year and is progressing well), and a 1st to Calgary.

And you can't really hang your hat on the "40 goal" thing as if it pertains to Lindholm's current, pending UFA value. He managed 22 last year and is pacing for 14 this season.
Ya I missed Byram completely lol. My bad.

Reactions: GeoRox89 and Avs44

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
:laugh:

Those are my thoughts.

Are the Av's actually looking to deal Byram?

I imagine the flames would be very interested.

Potentially? Something will have to give on the LD soon enough and Byram is the best combination of expendable to the Avs and valuable enough to return what we need the most(A quality 2C).

But he's definitely not available for rentals like the OP here thinks.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Did you want the Avs to throw in Makar and also trade the 2027 1st with the promise to tank for Landon DuPont as well?

The evaluations of Lindholm's value also seems to completely ignore his play this year (or last), but rather only reference his best season. That's typically not how these deals work.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
:laugh:

Those are my thoughts.

Potentially? Something will have to give on the LD soon enough and Byram is the best combination of expendable to the Avs and valuable enough to return what we need the most(A quality 2C).

But he's definitely not available for rentals like the OP here thinks.

What quality 2C are you expecting that's not a rental? That's the only reason people get rid of top centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad