GDT: Flames (8-9-1) @ Leafs (14-3-2): How many goals will Matthews torch us for? SNW 5PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Kylington and Valimaki both saw under 10:00 minutes of ice time. Odd way to work your young guys in but against a team like the Leafs it's understandable. Just gotta let them loose a little bit more against the Sens coming up

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
What’s the point of dressing Leivo and Gawdin if you are only going to give them line 4 or 5 shifts.
Neither are players that will thrive on limited icetime

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I was only able to watch the third due to the early start, but I have really been noticing the Flames' systematic unwillingness to chip the puck out off the glass. I think the Flames need to find a balance in this, but it seems to be a part of Ward's desired system.

You'll see the line be completely under pressure for a shift, a defenceman will get the puck and look ready to chip it out off glass, but then he'll pull back and try to force a pass to a tired forward, often resulting in a turnover. I think most of the chances we gave up in the third were from these kinds of turnovers extending shifts.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
This is a single good game off a string of lousy games. I think we have a long way to go, but thank you.
I thought Monahan was excellent. He's a huge factor. You guys also played good against Edmonton, its just the score got out of hand. Lots of good things in that game. You guys definitely need to stay a bit more disciplined, but Monahan, Tkachuk, Gio, were good tonight.

When your stars out do another team's stars, that's a win 9/10.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Good game, but the officiating was complete ass.

If the refs were plumbers!
"Ah, here's your problem, your toilet is set a bit high!"
plumber-crack-picture-id115865473

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I thought Monahan was excellent. He's a huge factor. You guys also played good against Edmonton, its just the score got out of hand. Lots of good things in that game. You guys definitely need to stay a bit more disciplined, but Monahan, Tkachuk, Gio, were good tonight.

When your stars out do another team's stars, that's a win 9/10.

I am the very definition of discipline.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Solid effort, helped out a bit by the posts, Rittich was solid, Tkachuk was like “screw that stupid players meeting, time to play physical again”.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Pretty good road game against the top team. We didn't generate that much... But we didn't give the Leafs all the much either. Only way to salvage the season is starting to generate 5v5, but at least we didn't look like complete ass, so that's a start.

Really happy for Rittich.

Reactions: Boomstick

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Came by to say, hell of a game by the Flames. played it perfectly and Rittich was a wall. Looking forward to Wednesday.

beakerboy

Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I still hate the Rasmus breakout on the PP. It's like he has been told that he has to, under penalty of benching, do the bumpback. Even when you have two guys in the neutral zone guarding it and open ice ahead of you, still stop and look back and dump it all the way to the hash marks. Honestly, just use Johnny as a decoy once or twice instead of doing the same thing every f***ing time.

Also, the bumpback is so far. By the time the pass is received and Johnny reaches the red line, the forecheckers have reset themselves.

Kylington looked great in his limited ice time. Watch him now be benched for the next 15 games.

Reactions: NinjaTurtle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad