GDT: Flames (8-9-1) @ Leafs (14-3-2): How many goals will Matthews torch us for? SNW 5PM MST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Matthews is slightly worse than McDavid...so 3 goals 1 assist...to bad the Lafs are way more explosive than the oilers..so we lose 12-2 because Brodie feels bad for us and lets Gio break in

Reactions: Tofveve
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
This might get ugly. We've got worse as the season goes on and the coaching staff is refusing to change anything. Got to love playing this slow, ultra conservative and boring brand of hockey versus a division of high octane teams that don't defend well... makes real sense.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Lose both to Toronto and we suddenly have a record that mirrors Vancouver - a team we were sure was far below us!

Set a goal - win one of the next 2 (somehow)
Win all 5 against the Sens (dreams)
Steal a win from Edmonton (who you've empowered to believe are much better than you)

Doing the above would get you 14 out of 16 possible points and certainly put you into 3rd or 4th place in the North, somewhere we don't like deserve to be, but it would give the team a chance to be that fringe playoff team, with the hope that some other teams will crash and burn.

GFG - Win, Lose, OTL, please score first and heaven forbid, score the first and second goals of the game - for once!

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Vancouver is now ahead of us in the standings after picking up a point last night.
tenor.gif

Reactions: DCDM

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If a 7-1 decking against the bottom 10-quality Oilers isn't enough to get this organization to clean house, nothing will happen until it's too late. What a sad, nothing season

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Also sounds like, with Monahan back, Bennett was skating on their right wing this morning.

Not sure what that means for the other lines, specifically Lindholm. Does he go back with Tkachuk? Or do they try and keep 3M together?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Happy to see Oliver step in finally.
I didn't understand the love for Mackey, and I still don't. Just not NHL caliber.
Nesterov is what he is, he's essentially what this team wanted from Stone for years now; a non-horrendous #6 that plays low event hockey... except he started to play too much and that last sentiment went out the window :laugh:

2 loses here signals the rebuild. I said it for the Edmonton one, but I guess this management team wants to try and sneak in.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
I keep checking my phone for news, any sign of life from this team. A trade, a firing, anything.

I guess Kylington and Monahan in the line-up is something. GFG

Would still prefer Kylington next to Giordano. Veteran saavy and youthful legs complementing each other.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
No idea what to expect tonight. I'm hoping for a night where chemistry kicks in and everything works in our favor for once.
A bit of puck luck, a slow, sloppy Leafs team.
But what I am thinking we see is a team that skates circles around us, lousy calls by the refs, another off night for Markstrom and another L.

Whatever happens Go Flames Go.
My heart's not into this, but it's still hockey and for that I'm thankful
Cheers everyone.

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
We
Vancouver is now ahead of us in the standings after picking up a point last night.
need to bottom feed for the whole season now. Guarantees a top-10 pick next draft, and Tre can "down-trade it to a 25th or higher 1st round and a 3rd from the Stanley cup winner!! Getting excited for all this.

Reactions: flames23

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
This might get ugly. We've got worse as the season goes on and the coaching staff is refusing to change anything. Got to love playing this slow, ultra conservative and boring brand of hockey versus a division of high octane teams that don't defend well... makes real sense.
May be exciting to watch 13-42?(WHO)-53?(WHO) run circles around Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Reilly.
Oh yah. Monahan is back. Oh well, 4 in a row loss column.
Next game, 5 in a row loss column.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad