GDT: FLAMES (7-7-2) @ PANTHERS (9-7-1) 2 P.M. MT | TV: Sportsnet West

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Let's just play soccer with one forward and one goalie per team then. Overtime 3 on 3 is already a joke.
Never been a fan of 3 on 3. You are right it is a joke. But 4 on 4 just think of the opportunities and potential goals scored and end to end rushes like B Orr,G Perreault used to entertain the masses with

Ruzicka is 9th for TOI after two period for Flames forwards :laugh:
I think the Flames found themselves a good one

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Just checked the score and see Ruzicka (or "Roocheetahxa" according to Hrudey) has 2 goals and an assist. Hope he doesn't miss the garbage can with a bit of sock tape or didn't drop his stick too loud during the intermission- don't want him sent to the minors. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Pomee and stastny12

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Doesn't matter how just know that Marky will allow the 3rd before they hit 30 shots. Lol. He's actually played solid from what I've seen outside the first goal, but nice swimming party there. Gonna need Ruz to make up for Marky's shortcomings again.

Reactions: Pomee

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
Flames and Panthers game looks pretty good. Just wondering as a hockey fan how many would like to see 1 fewer skaters aside permanently. I think the game gets to clogged up and the players need more room to skate into open ice and create more one on one opportunities. Could have more goals and more sleepless nights for the netminders and isn't that all its about
Personally I think Ice hockey already has enough goals. 3v3 is fun as a tie breaker, but if we took away a skater permanently you'd turn it into basketball on ice and I'd very quickly lose interest

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
How much would a package of a highly paid scraps of Lucic, Mangiapanne and Dube realistically generate?

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I'd rather they widen the rinks by 6 feet. Give a little more room without changing the game all that much.
But NHL rinks aren't built to be able widen the dimensions except for the old Saddledome and maybe one or two others. Back in the Olden days the NHA, had 6 skaters aside when the NHL was formed(1917) out of the NHA they did away with the rover position or 6th skater and played with 5 skaters aside. The players then wore little equipment and were on average 150-165 lbs and not much more until later when the behemoths took over. And we have pretty much behemoths in goal on every(NHL) team. And it kills excitement these goaltenders that don't even have to "move" to make a save. Where the players have to score into an area barely 1 inch by 3 inches. Scorers need to be sharpshooters, marksman, while the tender needs to be lumbering,giant ogre. Well hockey needs to go 4 on 4 to show the World,its the Greatest game on Earth bar none! Fastest by far,Most difficult to play and master by far. Takes the most talent and skill but more than that you have to have a hockey IQ and be able to think the game and platitudes go on and on

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
But NHL rinks aren't built to be able widen the dimensions except for the old Saddledome and maybe one or two others. Back in the Olden days the NHA, had 6 skaters aside when the NHL was formed(1917) out of the NHA they did away with the rover position or 6th skater and played with 5 skaters aside. The players then wore little equipment and were on average 150-165 lbs and not much more until later when the behemoths took over. And we have pretty much behemoths in goal on every(NHL) team. And it kills excitement these goaltenders that don't even have to "move" to make a save. Where the players have to score into an area barely 1 inch by 3 inches. Scorers need to be sharpshooters, marksman, while the tender needs to be lumbering,giant ogre. Well hockey needs to go 4 on 4 to show the World,its the Greatest game on Earth bar none! Fastest by far,Most difficult to play and master by far. Takes the most talent and skill but more than that you have to have a hockey IQ and be able to think the game and platitudes go on and on
I'm confused. What problem do you think this solves?

The rest of the world won't acknowledge Ice hockey just because more goals are scored. Football is the most popular sport by far and averages 3-4 goals per game.

If it's international respect you're looking for it needs to be made more accesible across the globe, because football costs roughly £5 to buy a ball, Ice hockey costs at least 20 times that to outfit your kid to play

Reactions: Kahvi

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Lol was just posting that we know it'll be tkachuk or Benny that ties it. Cardiac Cats.

Hope we can salvage a point.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2