GDT: FLAMES (7-7-2) @ PANTHERS (9-7-1) 2 P.M. MT | TV: Sportsnet West

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Flames and Panthers game looks pretty good. Just wondering as a hockey fan how many would like to see 1 fewer skaters aside permanently. I think the game gets to clogged up and the players need more room to skate into open ice and create more one on one opportunities. Could have more goals and more sleepless nights for the netminders and isn't that all its about

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Flames and Panthers game looks pretty good. Just wondering as a hockey fan how many would like to see 1 fewer skaters aside permanently. I think the game gets to clogged up and the players need more room to skate into open ice and create more one on one opportunities. Could have more goals and more sleepless nights for the netminders and isn't that all its about

Ha... uh no.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

I'd rather they widen the rinks by 6 feet. Give a little more room without changing the game all that much.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Why is that?Don't you want to see more goals less clogged space in front of the net on PP and regular time

Let's just play soccer with one forward and one goalie per team then. Overtime 3 on 3 is already a joke.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Ruzicka didn't even put up gaudy numbers in the A. You have to look at the Wranglers scoring leaders for more help for the big team

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Ruzicka didn't even put up gaudy numbers in the A. You have to look at the Wranglers scoring leaders for more help for the big team
While I hope that Zary, Pelletier, and Phillips get some NHL games soon, Ruzicka having success doesn't mean other guys would be more succesfull than him because they scored more in AHL

Reactions: Pomee

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
I'd rather they widen the rinks by 6 feet. Give a little more room without changing the game all that much.
No, please nothing like the Euro rink. Everytime I watch the Slovak extraliga I am just baffled by how huge the rink is because I am just so used to watching the NHL. NHL has the perfect ice size, keep it as it is.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
No, please nothing like the Euro rink. Everytime I watch the Slovak extraliga I am just baffled by how huge the rink is because I am just so used to watching the NHL. NHL has the perfect ice size, keep it as it is.

International ice is a full 15' wider than the NHL rink. That's like 3x bigger than what I think they should do.

With how big and fast the NHL is it's way too easy to just stand 4 guys on a blue line to force a dump in.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Hockey is the greatest game on Earth. Definitely the fastest and most difficult to play all round. Played on "knife" blades with a stick to power the puck and make pin point passes,forwards,backwards,though bodies....You have to be able to skate backwards almost as well as forward. And to able to skate like a hurricane like Wind,is advantage! And you have to have superb balance to go with "eyes" in the back of your head. You have to able to go skate sideways too, to avoid D-men who have you in their sights for a plastering against the walls(boards)...I could go on and on and on! The greatest,fastest game on Earth where goals can be scored in bunches...6 seconds here,5 seconds there...and there is nothing said of being tough and taking the puck in the mouth and not missing a shift.Its 45 seconds of pure speed up and down the ice and then off and do it again 3 shifts later or maybe on the PP or PK! C'mon man Hockey,all hockey at all levels needs 4 on 4 where goalies handle 50,60 shots a game and spend sleepless nights muttering to themselves like "shellshocked vets"

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Those with healthy eyes were already promoting Ruzicka higher in the line up last season, those with a slight vision impairment are being astounded by his current production. It's OK boys and girls, at least you finally got it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad