GDT: FLAMES (5-5-2) at BRUINS (11-2-0) | 5 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet 360 | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Santa please come early and deliver us some skill. How do we not score?

Are we ever depleted. We seem to have 2 talented forwards in Kadri and Backlund. Ruz too if given a chance to stick with the club past his next mistake. Lindy needs playmakers with him. Everyone else in our top 9 kind of sucks.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
LankySerpentineImago-size_restricted.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
The road trip has really seen the Flames get back to playing an effective brand of hockey. Should have had the game on Long Island, and with a bit more finish could've easily had the better of these last two games. New Jersey on a back-to-back and Boston tonight were tough opponents.

Compared to the atrocious play at home since the Seattle game, it has been refreshing.

All we need now is the handy 10-game winning streak.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Meh, no shame in losing to the Bruins on the road. I just don't have the energy to watch Markstrom give up more backbreaking softies in close games in the 3rd. Ride Vladar until we win

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Call up Gully and tell him to bring the beer. Might need something stronger than Bud at this point.
If only we had some scoring talent to call up. Like maybe the leading scorer in the AHL. Maybe we could find some use for a player like that. Probably not tho

Good : Ruz was amazing. That's a game that says to the coach f*** you if you sit me again. Backs was good. Weegar I thought was our best dman. Vladar played great, should start him the next game too tbh.

Not Bad : Lucic? I guess he was hustling. Just not really good at hockey anymore. Hanifin scored so that's cool, played Pastrnak pretty well too. Lindy the defense is good, the offense is not even top 6 level at this point in time.

Not good : Kadri wasn't very good. Erratic play, missing high and wide from well out. Ditto Toffoli and Dube and Mangiapane. you have to bury on some of those, that's your f***ing job. DeSimone and Gilbert were fine but they are AHLers for a reason. Andersson stunk, just holds on to it way too long on the PP and lets all the lanes get filled in before shooting. Chasing people around in his own zone too.

Zadorov : Zadorov, also Lewis

oof : Ritchie terrible. Rooney even worse. Powerplay

Too many guys too comfortable(Dube&Mangiapane especially). Call up some young bucks and sit someone and I bet some of these forwards would perk up pretty quick.

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Ok I did some research boys, we need to finish bottom 11 to have a shot at Bedard, we sit at 10th worst, we have a shot. I'm greedy, I want a cup or Bedard. No I want both !

Reactions: Boomstick

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
I'm frustrated but also am very confident we're still going to be a good playoff team. I'm just curious if Sutter will adapt and play Vladar more than he wants to and call up Phillips for said needed spark right now.

We'll play our way out of this and even start winning games we should lose. It's the opposite right now, but I'm confident it'll change pretty shortly and we'll go on a 5+ gamer in the other direction and go 11-3-2 or something going into xmas.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Huberdeau-Lindholm-Phillips
Mangiapane-Backlund-Coleman
Ruzicka-Kadri-Toffoli
Lucic-Dube-Lewis/Richie

That’s what I’d do :dunno: maybe even throw in Pelletier on the 4th line and try to recreate something like Mangiapane-Ryan-Hathaway

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Whatever we do keep Ruz up ffs. The guy deserves a legit chance which means not getting sent down for making a mistake or two. He is consistently decent to good when up here so quit f***ing around with this guys career already.

After that I'd really be crafting a trade. We know what we have with most of our guys. There's no sense in continuing to play some of these guys until they have no trade value. FYI, Dube is not a Bennett; Coleman might get some looks if we get creative (at least he tries); Mangi will likely never hit 30 goals again and is likely a 15 goal guy as a 3rd liner.

Backlund is the best Flames lifer ever and our 1st/2nd best player with Kadz so far this season.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I'm frustrated but also am very confident we're still going to be a good playoff team. I'm just curious if Sutter will adapt and play Vladar more than he wants to and call up Phillips for said needed spark right now.

We'll play our way out of this and even start winning games we should lose. It's the opposite right now, but I'm confident it'll change pretty shortly and we'll go on a 5+ gamer in the other direction and go 11-3-2 or something going into xmas.
Playoff team? Last year the Eastern conference cutoff was 18 games above .500 and Western conference cut off was 15 games .500…..we are one game under, we got a lot of work to do.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I will take some solace in the fact that the 2018-19 and 2021-22 Flames cruised through the regular season with little adversity or prolonged problems and then soiled their hockey pants in the playoffs.

Darryl's 2011-12 and 2013-14 Kings weren't regular season world beaters either. Neither even finished top 20 in GF. I don't really care about winning the division as long as they're in the playoffs at the end of it. That's when this team will face true judgement.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Blows my mind when the team is dying for a goal with 4 mins left and Sutter tosses out the fourth line. And then they get a penalty. The coach is so archaic. The other teams must laugh because every single coach in the league throws out their best line against our fourth line all game long. Tough to support shit like that tbh

Reactions: Tofveve

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
Not that bad hockey for a 7 game losing streak. Pretty boring team tho, legit tried to re-create an early 2010s kings roster

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Blows my mind when the team is dying for a goal with 4 mins left and Sutter tosses out the fourth line. And then they get a penalty. The coach is so archaic. The other teams must laugh because every single coach in the league throws out their best line against our fourth line all game long. Tough to support shit like that tbh

I'll never get over the lack of time outs in last years playoffs. Just unf***ingbelievable for an NHL coaching group headed by DS.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
You guys think if we combined the rosters between our two teams, that it might actually be a good team?

Not sure what happened to Alberta hockey this season. Crashing and burning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad