GDT: FLAMES (29-13-6) vs. JETS (22-19-8) 2 p.m. MT | TV: Sportsnet West | RADIO: Sportsnet 960

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Could you guys please summerize what happened to Monahan?
His career in general.

Coaching carousel with 3 b2b2b awful(subjective) coaches(Gully/Peters/Ward).
He's had several injuries to his wrist IIRC. And last season he was playing super hurt thru the stretch even tho we were out of the playoffs and should have shut him down to get proper rehab done.
Dude's just been super unlucky with the injury bug in some of the worst places for a hockey player to get injured(wrists/think he has had a hip issue before?). I don't think he's played a full season healthy in YEARS

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Nice that we threw our first away to improve on wing though.
Yeah Flames totally should've not made a trade to improve the team now and should've instead waited to improve the centre position because of a freak* (he's back) injury that comes after the trade, even though there's no concievable replacement for Backlund available (at the moment)

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Could you guys please summerize what happened to Monahan?
His career in general.

He's a slow centre with no real puck skills but good finish. Fit perfectly with Gaudreau and Hudler/Ferland/Lindholm setting him up for tap-ins, but once he got injuries his finish dissipated. Suddenly he didn't have an elite linemate propping him up, and he's been exposed as aWow what a goal

Reactions: Nooodles

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah Flames totally should've not made a trade to improve the team now and should've instead waited to improve the centre position because of a freak* (he's back) injury that comes after the trade, even though there's no concievable replacement for Backlund available (at the moment)

I’ll argue that the bigger need was a centre all along; but that’s just me.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I’ll argue that the bigger need was a centre all along; but that’s just me.
Of course it's a bigger need but I feel it's pretty defined that their only path to getting an in season upgrade at C would be to move Monahan in a trade, and doing so in-season with the picks they've had while also improving the team wasn't very likely.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
There's no reason Pelletier, Zary, Wolf shouldn't be made available for a centre. A 1st is just a different kind of magic bean

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary

Right now tofolli’s impact will probably come on the pp in place of monahan. That line at es has been invisible so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad