Recalled/Assigned: Flame Call Up Chad Billins, Reto Berra; Joey MacDonald Waived

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
internet-fight.gif

Anyways, Ramo lets in soft goals. Joey Stacks lets in soft goals. Both have proved incapable of being starters here. But Ramo's the golden boy here and every goal he lets in apparently is the fault of defence. Whatever.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Forgive me, I'm dumb. What is the irony in keeping an NHL backup as opposed to losing one?

You're concerns are valid. Inexperience, less than acceptable outings, and a rebuilding year will be taxing on Berra and Ramo. I can see how one believes throwing MacD under the bus is a wiser choice than throwing Berra or Ramo, especially when most fans have lower expectations this year than years past, given that its year 1 of our first rebuild in a little more than a decade.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
That wasn't part of the post I referring to when I was talking about the irony.

Just nevermind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both goalies aren't playing well, but IMO I think Ramo has played better, especially considering the rink size.

Like I said, You only need to watch them play to see the vast differences in "hurry up" type of plays to see the difference. Both are composed(usually) but Joey Mac is wayyyyyyyyyy more so.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
You're concerns are valid. Inexperience, less than acceptable outings, and a rebuilding year will be taxing on Berra and Ramo. I can see how one believes throwing MacD under the bus is a wiser choice than throwing Berra or Ramo, especially when most fans have lower expectations this year than years past, given that its year 1 of our first rebuild in a little more than a decade.

But We Pay Ramo loads more than we could to a better cheaper goalie at his price, no?

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
internet-fight.gif

Anyways, Ramo lets in soft goals. Joey Stacks lets in soft goals. Both have proved incapable of being starters here. But Ramo's the golden boy here and every goal he lets in apparently is the fault of defence. Whatever.

This exactly. Neither goalie is good enough. I was rooting for MacDonald though, just because he was more of an underdog.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
This exactly. Neither goalie is good enough. I was rooting for MacDonald though, just because he was more of an underdog.

My point, isn't Joey Mac at least deserving(with a better win/loss column) at this point? If we do c coilers stint, I'm not so sure I'm ready for that.

I remember commenting at the beginning (of my opinions anyway) that without
Joey Mac we are done.

It makes me wonder why we signed Monahan mostly. If we didn't plan to complete the task, then why burn a year?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yes, but I think you need to be more clear. You're speaking of winning percentage I assume. The ratio of wins per games played.

As an example CPRSRPUNKS, a goalie can play 60 games and have 20 wins but 40 losses, while the back-up can play the remaining 22 games on the season and have 19 wins and 3 losses. While yes, the back-up has less wins technically, the 19 wins in 22 games is remarkable.

My point was he said Ramo had more losses and he doesn't they are even.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

No, it's not a golden boy thing at all. The point is, even if the two goalies were playing exactly the same, there is merit to keeping around the 27-year-old goalie who's still developing his game which doesn't exist for the 33-year-old goalie who has always been mediocre and is currently playing below that standard.

Anyway, the last few pages of this thread made for some good comedy. I really think people should have realized that Sprunks was merely trolling WHeN hE STaRTED TyPINg LIKe ThIS.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
I don't understand all the love for Ramo in this thread. One guy says Joey Mac is currently better than him and everyone gangs up on him.

IMO, Ramo has done absolutely nothing to prove himself as even a borderline starter yet. Ya he has some great tools and he could one day be a great goalie but right now, he's done nothing to deserve all the love and praise he's been getting.

You guys are praising him like he's Kipper or something. Every night, the other teams goalie has been better than Ramo

Statistically Ramo has outplayed 4 of 6 starting goaltenders that he has faced (Holtby x2, Niemi, Quick)

MacDonald on the other hand has outplayed 3 of 7 starting goaltenders that he has faced (Price, Bobrovsky, Brodeur)

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
You guys sure are putting in a lot of effort arguing with someone so very obviously trolling.

Yes. Anybody who plays the "you don't even watch hockey" card isn't worth the time. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that EVERY poster on these boards watches hockey. I have watched every second of Flames hockey this season. Every second. I missed the Devils game because of the Stamps game but thank God for the PVR.

Top 3 inventions of the millennium:

1. The PVR
2. Stem Cell Reasearch
3. The Snuggie

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Sorry, I suppose he doesn't have as many wins. Happy now? Should I buy you a ********* hat cuz you got one thing right in your life?

If you can't get basic facts right it calls into question if we can trust your conclusions.

Still waiting to hear which game Mac stole for us.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yes. Anybody who plays the "you don't even watch hockey" card isn't worth the time. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that EVERY poster on these boards watches hockey. I have watched every second of Flames hockey this season. Every second. I missed the Devils game because of the Stamps game but thank God for the PVR.

Top 3 inventions of the millennium:

1. The PVR
2. Stem Cell Reasearch
3. The Snuggie

I haven't missed a game either thus far I don't think. I missed a game on a Friday because I was on the road, but I heard it on the radio. I think it was a preseason game to boot.

Anyways, people get heated in a debate. It doesn't have to be a big deal unless it becomes.beyond heated

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
apparently it sounds as if Hanowski will be getting a recall as well after Joey is off the roster.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
apparently it sounds as if Hanowski will be getting a recall as well after Joey is off the roster.

Huh. So Hanowski is getting a shot soon. What happened to Horak getting a chance? I thought he was recently recalled but didn't see much ice time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad