Recalled/Assigned: Flame Call Up Chad Billins, Reto Berra; Joey MacDonald Waived

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
High horse? Only wins count for goalies I hope we trade for Marc-Andre Fleury the dude can't lose.

Its moronic to think only wins count, its pointless to argue with someone who wants to see evidence but won't answer questions about his logic or listen to the evidence he is given.

If we don't look at him, he might just go away.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
In which way?

You asked to be proved wrong, and were proved wrong with multiple examples. Do you not see that?

For the 2-3 highlight reel saves he has made (which I assume is what your referring to in regards to his ability to steal games because there's literally nothing else) are far, far less than the many soft goals he has let in. I'd even say it's pretty much fact that his play has cost us more games than he has "stole".

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
You asked to be proved wrong, and were proved wrong with multiple examples. Do you not see that?

For the 2-3 highlight reel saves he has made (which I assume is what your referring to in regards to his ability to steal games because there's literally nothing else) are far, far less than the many soft goals he has let in. I'd even say it's pretty much fact that his play has cost us more games than he has "stole".

Well that's only because the amount he has stole is 0. But hey, who's counting. We haven't had a goalie steal a game since Kiprusoffs last home game. Man that was fun to watch. A great way to go if you're going to go. That standing O still gives me goose bumps.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010

You proved what? That Ramo has lost more games, no? :yo:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
You proved what? That Ramo has lost more games, no? :yo:

I'm not as much of a stat guy as others are on here, but you are the one standing here on one leg. From every showing that I've seen, Ramo is a better goaltender. He competes harder, his positioning is better, he is more intelligent and reads the play with more awareness, he also has better fundamentals. That's what my eyes have shown me, I don't support the tank, I think Ramo gives us a better opportunity to win games and coach Hartley agrees.

If you are claiming to see something in Macs game that Hartley and the coaching staff haven't seen, well then that is the most comedic thing I've heard in sometime. We will not find out now, but I am certain that Mac would of compiled more losses than Ramo by seasons end. He's a soft goalie with inconsistent play, the fact that he hasn't landed a starting role at his age is all the proof I need for my argument, especially when he couldn't even do it on a team that is "going for the tank".

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
I'm not as much of a stat guy as others are on here, but you are the one standing here on one leg. From every showing that I've seen, Ramo is a better goaltender. He competes harder, his positioning is better, he is more intelligent and reads the play with more awareness, he also has better fundamentals. That's what my eyes have shown me, I don't support the tank, I think Ramo gives us a better opportunity to win games and coach Hartley agrees.

If you are claiming to see something in Macs game that Hartley and the coaching staff haven't seen, well then that is the most comedic thing I've heard in sometime. We will not find out now, but I am certain that Mac would of compiled more losses than Ramo by seasons end. He's a soft goalie with inconsistent play, the fact that he hasn't landed a starting role at his age is all the proof I need for my argument, especially when he couldn't even do it on a team that is "going for the tank".

All you had to say was that Hartley agrees. I said he was a backup, and better than both Ramo and Berra at this point. Now you're just witch hunting..

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

Yup. I agree 100%. Just watching the 2 goalies play, this is very obvious IMO.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
All you had to say was that Hartley agrees. I said he was a backup, and better than both Ramo and Berra at this point. Now you're just witch hunting..

I'd say Joey Stacks has a slight edge because of experience right now. But as far as fundamentals, conditioning, potential and work ethic, I'd give it to Ramo quite easily. Berra? Well I guess we will find out.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Having more wins =/= having less losses.

This general lack of common sense is simply amazing.

Yes, but I think you need to be more clear. You're speaking of winning percentage I assume. The ratio of wins per games played.

As an example CPRSRPUNKS, a goalie can play 60 games and have 20 wins but 40 losses, while the back-up can play the remaining 22 games on the season and have 19 wins and 3 losses. While yes, the back-up has less wins technically, the 19 wins in 22 games is remarkable.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
Yup. I agree 100%. Just watching the 2 goalies play, this is very obvious IMO.

So you not only do not watch hockey at all, but believe that we can win with either goalie. Fine. I'm done with both of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
Yes, but I think you need to be more clear. You're speaking of winning percentage I assume. The ratio of wins per games played.

As an example CPRSRPUNKS, a goalie can play 60 games and have 20 wins but 40 losses, while the back-up can play the remaining 22 games on the season and have 19 wins and 3 losses. While yes, the back-up has less wins technically, the 19 wins in 22 games is remarkable.

Well, I pulled the trigger first I suppose. We WILL see how this plays out, and it doesn't play out well. I'll buy you a beer if I'm wrong.

MC Ride

Feels bad man
Feb 4, 2009
I don't understand all the love for Ramo in this thread. One guy says Joey Mac is currently better than him and everyone gangs up on him.

IMO, Ramo has done absolutely nothing to prove himself as even a borderline starter yet. Ya he has some great tools and he could one day be a great goalie but right now, he's done nothing to deserve all the love and praise he's been getting.

You guys are praising him like he's Kipper or something. Every night, the other teams goalie has been better than Ramo

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Forgive me, I'm dumb. What is the irony in keeping an NHL backup as opposed to losing one?

That wasn't part of the post I referring to when I was talking about the irony.

Just nevermind.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Both goalies aren't playing well, but IMO I think Ramo has played better, especially considering the rink size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->