Recalled/Assigned: Flame Call Up Chad Billins, Reto Berra; Joey MacDonald Waived

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Huh. So Hanowski is getting a shot soon. What happened to Horak getting a chance? I thought he was recently recalled but didn't see much ice time?
It's no guarantee Hanowski will be recalled, just sounded this way during the radio broadcast of yesterdays game

And simply put Hanowski has been better than Horak, he deserves it more.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Don't understand this hard on for Horak. There are like 3-4 forwards outside our roster that deserve to play over him. Is it just because we received him in return for Erixon?`

I mean I like Horak but why should he be called up?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't understand this hard on for Horak. There are like 3-4 forwards outside our roster that deserve to play over him. Is it just because we received him in return for Erixon?`

I mean I like Horak but why should he be called up?
IMO he shouldn't.

I would call up Hanowski, Knight, Byron and maybe even Reinhart before him.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Huh. So Hanowski is getting a shot soon. What happened to Horak getting a chance? I thought he was recently recalled but didn't see much ice time?

Horak has been overrated for a while. I think he got the call up more because of the fact that Hartley knew what he could bring more than anything.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Horak has been overrated for a while. I think he got the call up more because of the fact that Hartley knew what he could bring more than anything.

Or because even from a young age, coaches have been incredibly impressed by his two way game (mostly on the defensive end).

Or that.

saillias

Sep 6, 2004
Calgary
I wonder if Knight thinks he got played by Feaster. He came to Calgary and I get the impression was promised the world. He wanted a trade out of Florida because of too much center depth, and hey look we had none. Feaster had him in a Flames jersey at the press conference showing him off alongside Jones, SOB, and Galiardi.

He didn't make the team off the bat, ok, and then we made a trade for a different guy to fill in the same role he would have. If I'm him I'm thinking how is this lineup going to be easier for me to crack than Florida, with Monahan, Colborne, Stajan, Backlund ahead of me?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
He may feel a little like that, but he quite frankly wasn't ready for the NHL out of camp. If Knights shows at any time that he's a better option than Colborne or Backlund, expect there to be a trade made.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
He may feel a little like that, but he quite frankly wasn't ready for the NHL out of camp. If Knights shows at any time that he's a better option than Colborne or Backlund, expect there to be a trade made.

Or if we lose a Center to injury or we make some moves at the deadline.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Or if we lose a Center to injury or we make some moves at the deadline.

I agree with that to. I also really want us to try Backlund at wing just to see how it goes. I don't want to give up on him, but he's being pushed down the depth charts and we are wasting his talents currently.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I wonder if Knight thinks he got played by Feaster. He came to Calgary and I get the impression was promised the world. He wanted a trade out of Florida because of too much center depth, and hey look we had none. Feaster had him in a Flames jersey at the press conference showing him off alongside Jones, SOB, and Galiardi.

He didn't make the team off the bat, ok, and then we made a trade for a different guy to fill in the same role he would have. If I'm him I'm thinking how is this lineup going to be easier for me to crack than Florida, with Monahan, Colborne, Stajan, Backlund ahead of me?

If he couldn't earn a spot on our team then there aren't many teams he could have made. He will get his shot sooner or later all he has to do is stay up beat and play his game.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

No I don't think so. Look at how many rookies the Flames have played last year, especially after the deadline. Even consider how many rookies are playing for the Flames right now. Knight had an opportunity. Sure, one could argue that Feaster didn't give a nod to our rookies by trading for Colborne, but ultimately, had Knight and Reinhart been better, they could've sent Monahan back to juniors or at the very least forced Feaster to trade Backlund.

The season just begun anyways. There's plenty of opportunities yet. I don't think Feaster would've gave him a job, I would hope he gave him an opportunity for one. Knight's agent would've likely concurred.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

The reason he didn't make the team though, is because he didn't play up to his billing. He was quietly one of the biggest disappointments of training camp. If he can't beat out guys like Colborne, or Street or Horak ect, then he isn't going to be an NHL guy on any team.

Not making the team is squarely on himself.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think Colborne was also brought in largely due to the fact that Knight wasn't ready. Feaster wanted to shore up our center depth and big Joe fits the kind of guys we want. If Knight would of made the team, we wouldn't of needed Colborne. I think the plan was to have Colborne play in the bottom 6, similar to Knight, but he's done really well. Knight will get his chance, but he may need a full season in the minors before he's ready.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Good points from everyone. I think it might be time soon to trade one of Stajan/Backlund.

Leafs have center issues. Flames have a depth of them. Burke and Nonis are pretty close. Burke has a history of dealing with teams he has a past with.

I'm calling it right now, although I'm sure a ton of people have already thought of it haha, Leafs and Flames will hook up with one of Backlund/Stajan going to the Leafs.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Leafs have center issues. Flames have a depth of them. Burke and Nonis are pretty close. Burke has a history of dealing with teams he has a past with.

I'm calling it right now, although I'm sure a ton of people have already thought of it haha, Leafs and Flames will hook up with one of Backlund/Stajan going to the Leafs.

Do we tho?

Man it was only a couple weeks ago Stajan was injured and Ben Street was our top line center. I'm not sure the Flames are prepared to deal away any centers at this point.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Do we tho?

Man it was only a couple weeks ago Stajan was injured and Ben Street was our top line center. I'm not sure the Flames are prepared to deal away any centers at this point.

Yes. Backlund is made of glass, as is Stajan. I expect both to miss time going forward. We have a surplus of forwards, or more specifically Jackmans', that could be moved.

I Hate Blake Coleman

F*** the oilers
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Yes. Backlund is made of glass, as is Stajan. I expect both to miss time going forward. We have a surplus of forwards, or more specifically Jackmans', that could be moved.

This.

Some of us are getting way too comfortable with the centre "depth." Trade Backlund. Stajan goes down for a few weeks and suddenly the Flames are looking for centres again.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
I'd be ok with trading Stajan or Backlund to Toronto if it got us a decent pick or prospect, or we could package for a Gardiner.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
to no ones surprise Billins has been sent back to Abbotsford, I saw it on the cap geek transaction page and confirmed with the AHL transaction page.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
to no ones surprise Billins has been sent back to Abbotsford, I saw it on the cap geek transaction page and confirmed with the AHL transaction page.

What?!?

OMG I hate Hartley + Feaster!! They provide no opportunities for our prospects!!

sarcasm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->