Recalled/Assigned: Flame Call Up Chad Billins, Reto Berra; Joey MacDonald Waived

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
If injuries and fatigue are our main problem after a month, then okay, I'm with the tank it crew. It would seem that every flame fan in the world is ready for his departure, so be it. It's ridiculous to think that Berra or Ramo are going to steal any games for us. Just my opinion, however wrong you may think it is.

Is Mac going to steal games for us?

And you got absolutely owned by Huds.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Joey Mac cleared waivers but hasn't been assigned to Abbs #3headedmonster

Like many said at the start of the year we will be running with 3 goalies until someone steps up and starts stealing games (if anyone does).

Also Berra is the expected starter.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
Joey Mac cleared waivers but hasn't been assigned to Abbs #3headedmonster

Like many said at the start of the year we will be running with 3 goalies until someone steps up and starts stealing games (if anyone does).
Hanowski wasn't in the lineup for Abbotsford last night. I suspect he's getting called up, and we'll see MacDonald assigned today to clear up the roster spot.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
So wait I have given statistical proof, as well as several reason for the numbers and you just dismiss it and go with your gut based on nothing?

Injuries will have an effect on game 1 how can that not be obvious. Fatigue doesn't mean they are tired the second they step on the ice but on the longest road trip of the year fatigue is going to play a role. The belief that they can play for weeks on end before they should get tired at all is moronic.

And your statistics show that in game time situations and real life that Ramo has won more games, yes?

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hanowski wasn't in the lineup for Abbotsford last night. I suspect he's getting called up, and we'll see MacDonald assigned today to clear up the roster spot.

That would make sense as Hartley sounded like he expected MacDonald to get sent down which is why I was surprised he wasn't sent down yet.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
And your statistics show that in game time situations and real life that Ramo has won more games, yes?

Yes wins are the greatest statistic?

You wanted proof that Ramo was better I gave you a lot of statistical evidence to say Ramo has been playing better.

If wins are all that matter then you must have thought Irving was our best goalie last year as he had the best winning percent out of all goalies.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010

You wanted proof that Ramo was better I gave you a lot of statistical evidence to say Ramo has been playing better.

If wins are all that matter then you must have thought Irving was our best goalie last year as he had the best winning percent out of all goalies.

If you want proof of just how much better Joey is than Ramo, you need only to watch his highlight reel
Wins are all that matter, actually

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

To be fair, I really did like Irving quite a lot, but that's neither here nor there.

On the topic of Ramo Vs MacD Vs Berra, Ramo is the best of them, I'm not even sure how there's a debate on this.(I say better than Berra, because Berra has exactly 0 NHL games to his name lol) MacD has been borderline atrocious, where as Ramo played outstanding against Washington, and then admittedly had a rough night against the Leaf's. But lets be honest, who hasn't been bad against the Leafs. They defy statistics.

I'm really excited to see Berra play for the Flames, and equally excited to see the glorified puck strainer off the team.

Side note, you don't bad mouth your own team after losing the game for them. Lost whatever shred of respect I may have had left for MacD after that.

Goodlad

Jan 15, 2013
If you want proof of just how much better Joey is than Ramo, you need only to watch his highlight reel
Except his highlight reel is mostly composed of saves where he got caught out of position and had to scramble to make a big save.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton

Which highlight reel, the one with the incredibly weak goals against, or the one with the couple of really nice saves he made to make people with exceptionally short memories forget about all the weak goals?

Wins are all that matter? By that logic Ryan Miller is a horrific goalie, even MacD would be an improvement over him.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
Which highlight reel, the one with the incredibly weak goals against, or the one with the couple of really nice saves he made to make people with exceptionally short memories forget about all the weak goals?

Wins are all that matter? By that logic Ryan Miller is a horrific goalie, even MacD would be an improvement over him.

Ryan Miller is a horrific goalie WTF are you talkin about?

I said three times now, time will tell. Let it go already.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
Like I said, this is the tank. I really don't care what any of the "fans" here say. We are headed for last, just accelerated. I also said that time will tell, so get off your high horse Huds and just accept it

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said, this is the tank. I really don't care what any of the "fans" here say. We are headed for last, just accelerated. I also said that time will tell, so get off your high horse Huds and just accept it

Cheering to lose and calling yourself a fan at the same time? Do they still allow 12 year olds access to the internet?

And my ignore counter just hit 1.

Last edited:

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

High horse? Only wins count for goalies I hope we trade for Marc-Andre Fleury the dude can't lose.

Its moronic to think only wins count, its pointless to argue with someone who wants to see evidence but won't answer questions about his logic or listen to the evidence he is given.

CPRSRPUNKS

Jul 10, 2010
High horse? Only wins count for goalies I hope we trade for Marc-Andre Fleury the dude can't lose.

Its moronic to think only wins count, its pointless to argue with someone who wants to see evidence but won't answer questions about his logic or listen to the evidence he is given.

What's moronic is that your evidence still
(at this point) doesn't prove a damn thing in regards to standings)

Go ahead and block me dude, nothing to it but to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad