Friedman: FLA salary shed. Who's available?

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
florida should cut salary through yandle. Try to trade for a dman that has similar impact with less cap.
The sad thing is , this whole garbage team would have been good if they decided to protect marchesault

Reactions: Givememoneyback

yeaher

May 3, 2019
florida should cut salary through yandle. Try to trade for a dman that has similar impact with less cap.
The sad thing is , this whole garbage team would have been good if they decided to protect marchesault

Who the f*** would they trade with, I mean that sounds like a deal that is completely to the benefit of Florida?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
the two contracts that are killing them are the Yandle and Babrovsky contracts and I still have no idea why Stralman is on 5.5 a year

How is Yandle killing them?

He's again hitting 50 points on the season at 6.3M per year, 62 points last year, 56 the year before.

They just have to play him on the wrong role

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
he is signed till he is 37

So how is that killing them today?
He's a consistent 50+ point Dman to them, you pay 6M for that easy on the market.

X- Ekblad
Yandle--x

Florida just doesn't have the talent to do that properly.

Upgrade on Matheson& Stralman

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
So what is the deal with Matheson. Ignoring the contract situation, is his defense just bad or coach Q doesnt like him. His played him at wing this season.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
So what is the deal with Matheson. Ignoring the contract situation, is his defense just bad or coach Q doesnt like him. His played him at wing this season.
He’ll go a stretch of games and be completely fine. He has every tool you’d want in a D, incredible skater, fast, quick acceleration, agile, hands, stamina, but he can’t think the game on a consistently high level. It’s what’s between his ears that prevents him from being a great top-4 D. I just want to move him and his contract, he’s had enough time. Some are still holding out hope but I’m not

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Yandle to L.A. for what? Dont expect much.
Wouldn’t expect much anyways, just trying to move the contract. I’d take a pick that’s not a first and a D prospect of some sort. Again, if it were me I’d just look to move the contract, I’m less concerned about the return. He does has a Nmc, but he could go to worse places than LA lol

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So how is that killing them today?
He's a consistent 50+ point Dman to them, you pay 6M for that easy on the market.

X- Ekblad
Yandle--x

Florida just doesn't have the talent to do that properly.

Upgrade on Matheson& Stralman

How many FLA games you watch this year?
Why is Yandle sheltered to 3rd pairing minutes 5 on 5 then?
Even on the PP he was fine the first part of the year but he's been benchable for most parts of the year.

PP points aren't everything. Plug Ekblad in his spot and he gets over 50+pts a year.
Yandle is grossly overpaid. Great locker room guy but his iron man streak should have ended a year or two ago

You're not a FLA fan if you think Yandle is still valuable

Reactions: blinky67

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If Florida really wants to break it up and is willing to move Barkov minnesota will gladly jump start that process with quality young roster players quality prospects and unprotected firsts.

Just saying.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
If Florida really wants to break it up and is willing to move Barkov minnesota will gladly jump start that process with quality young roster players quality prospects and unprotected firsts.

Just saying.
If we say Fiala and Kap are off the table, that means we either have no picks for like 4yrs or trade so many pieces we're back to where we are now. I'd think Boldy+Brodin+2 1st+2 2nds is a starting point and add from there.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
if barkov or ekblad are available i would pay a pretty penny for one or both

outside of them i would consider stralman on the lower end of things granted he waives his ntc. Ottawa is looking to keep experience especially among their defence(for some reason) and i rather stralman than hainsey

so anisimov and reilly for stralman? Saves Florida a year on contract length and some money as well. This saves ottawa from themselves in resigning hainsey

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Wouldn’t expect much anyways, just trying to move the contract. I’d take a pick that’s not a first and a D prospect of some sort. Again, if it were me I’d just look to move the contract, I’m less concerned about the return. He does has a Nmc, but he could go to worse places than LA lol
I'd probably do a 4th and Brickley.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yandle
Stralman
Matheson
Bob

all salary that would be moved if possible. Some is not possible like the last two

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Yandle
Stralman
Matheson
Bob

all salary that would be moved if possible. Some is not possible like the last two
If you were to move Matheson it would be similar to the zaitsev trade. not sure who/what you would package.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad