Confirmed Trade: [FLA/PIT] Bjugstad & McCann for Brassard, Sheahan, 2nd 2019, 4th 2019, 4th 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Have you guys watched Brassard lately? The Invisible Man would be a fitting nickname. No idea how good Bjugstad and McCann are but Brassard simply never impressed for us other than in the first several games. And Sheahan is one the most vanilla player in the league, he is just there. Picks, smicks, we have two seasons until Sid and Geno become too old, might as well go for it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Panthers win here. Will probably flip Bras for another pick and that's a lot of freed up cap for Panerin as a ufa.

I was thinking this also. There is hidden value to Florida's return here. Obviously they are sellers right now, And they have assets in picks, cap space, and perhaps other moves from both players coming back. Deal is not bad from the Pens perspective also. Both players are useful players.

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
I hope this is what Bjugstad needed for his career to turn the corner. Injuries have plagued it thus far. He's one of the biggest names to come out of MN HS in a while and to also go to the Gophers he could have had a big head but he is very humble and treats everyone well.

Two of my favorite Gophers ever on the same team now.

Reactions: Vilam

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Wait, how are people saying this is a bad deal for the Penguins? That's a fantastic return for them, Bjugstad and McCann for that package is fantastic.
It's good for both teams. Bjugs and McCann are fine and Florida got a ton of picks (especially as they're flipping Brassard) and cleared so much space.

They now can go after Bob and Panarin assuming Lu Ltiretires

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
It's not about cracking a code it's about demonstrating your superiority. It's a classic move all you need is to see how people are treated in europe by tourists for not speaking english.

People who speaks only one language but then complain others dont speak english are complete degenerates. Even more so when they're in a country that's national language isn't English.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Nice win by the Panthers here..

Only interesting piece going to Pittsburgh here is McCann.. and it cost them Brassard and 3 draft picks.. all while the Panthers freed up cap space. Damn...

Reactions: Laus723

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I like this for Florida, especially if they flip Brassard. That's a lot of picks and cap space for a pretty cheap price.

Reactions: Morrison

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Man time flies. I remember it wasn't that long ago when Bjugstad was very highly thought of, viewed as one of the core pieces. Has he fallen off that much or just overpaid?

As a fan of neither team, Im not sure how i feel about this one. Seems like the Pens gave up a lot of picks.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Congratulations, you squeeked into the playoffs in the final Wild Card spot, your reward: Tampa Bay in the 1st round.

Bring brooms.
Yeh really.
Maybe they can string some wings together and get that 1st WC spot. I wouldn't count them out vs the Islanders but Tampa won't even break a sweat.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Panthers are gonna be so good if they sign Bob and Breadman, and add a Dman.

All the names were in English lol.
giphy.gif

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Florida is going to eat 50% on both those guys and flip them, elevating the return. I imagine Winnipeg and Boston will be calling about Brassard but I don't know why he'd work better as a 3rd line centre elsewhere.

Reactions: GrittyHawkDown

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I wonder how long Brassard and Sheahan stay in Florida they are both UFA at seasons end they can be flipped again for more picks and prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad