Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers re-sign Reilly Smith (5 years, $5M AAV)

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So wait, Reilly Smith is better than Andrew Ladd now, LMAO. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Are you going to tell me how Mikkel Boedker only has one 50 point season again?

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So wait, Reilly Smith is better than Andrew Ladd now, LMAO. This thread just keeps getting better and better.

Are you going to tell me how Mikkel Boedker only has one 50 point season again?

Right now considering smith just outscored ladd yes reilly smith is probably better or equal to ladd... in 3 or 4 years it's not even close.. r u this stunned? One guy is probably on the down swing.. one is entering his prime... haha this is seriously ****ed... I might have made a mistake and forget boedkers 2nd 50 point season that he just had but you are flat out making yourself look like an idiot.. may as well take ladd vs really smith contract to the polls too see how that goes for u..do u understand how ufa vs rfa works? U know if ladd signed a 1 year deal it woukd be way more than 5.5 right? The only reason it's that aav is cause he is gonna decline most likely starting in a couple years... the reason reilly smith co tract is a bit higher is cause he is getting ufa years through his prime bought..

Last edited:

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
You quote incorrect information and pawn it off as fact in an attempt to win an argument, say Reilly Smith is as good or possibly even better than Andrew Ladd, then go on to tell me I am embarrassing myself :laugh:

You seriously can't even make this junk up :shakehead

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Right now considering smith just outscored ladd yes reilly smith is probably better or equal to ladd...
So wait a minute, when I showed you that Mikkel Boedker has been more productive offensively than Reilly Smith over the last 3 years (which you initially claimed was incorrect) you said "but but but Boedker is one dimensional and Smith is a better two-way player." Now all of a sudden Smith is as good or even better than Andrew Ladd because "Smith just outscored Ladd."

It's sad and pathetic how you don't even realize how badly you contradict yourself. Honestly, I am starting to feel sorry for you.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I will bet you any amount of money you want to come up with that Andrew Ladd has a higher points per game average over the next 5 years than Reilly Smith. Put your money where your mouth is.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
You quote incorrect information and pawn it off as fact in an attempt to win an argument, say Reilly Smith is as good or possibly even better than Andrew Ladd, then go on to tell me I am embarrassing myself :laugh:

You seriously can't even make this junk up :shakehead

Alson haven't heard u respond to how many 20 goals seasons boedker has had yet he is more productive than Smith arguement... not to mention smith is top 60 in nhl in even strength scoring ... I'm done with ladd arguement since that is an absolute waste of time and pointless to argue.. I guess we will have to live with this albatross of a contractthat takes our 50 point t 25 goal scoring pker all the way til he is a fossilized 30 year old alleged rfa still by then... damn that sucks

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So wait a minute, when I showed you that Mikkel Boedker has been more productive offensively than Reilly Smith over the last 3 years (which you initially claimed was incorrect) you said "but but but Boedker is one dimensional and Smith is a better two-way player." Now all of a sudden Smith is as good or even better than Andrew Ladd because "Smith just outscored Ladd."

It's sad and pathetic how you don't even realize how badly you contradict yourself. Honestly, I am starting to feel sorry for you.

Well good thing the contract is for the future and the past 3 years r meaningless going forward... since this contract doesn't kick in for another year yet.. smith > boedker now and going forward... smith>> ladd going g forward ainec

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Alson haven't heard u respond to how many 20 goals seasons boedker has had yet he is more productive than Smith arguement... not to mention smith is top 60 in nhl in even strength scoring ... I'm done with ladd arguement since that is an absolute waste of time and pointless to argue.. I guess we will have to live with this albatross of a contractthat takes our 50 point t 25 goal scoring pker all the way til he is a fossilized 30 year old alleged rfa still by then... damn that sucks
I never said Boedker is a more productive goal scorer. I said he is more productive offensively and considering he has a higher points per game average over the last three years, he is. I also said that he has two 50+ point seasons over the span. Both of these facts you disputed until I showed you the numbers.

Of course, now that you mention it. Boedker has 50 goals over the last three seasons in 207 games. Smith has 58 goals over the last three seasons in 245 games. Want to guess which one has the higher goals per game average? I got news for you, it isn't your boyfriend Reilly.

As for Ladd verus Smith, I see you are back peddling now that I asked you to put your money where your mouth is. Take the bet or quit running your mouth.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Well good thing the contract is for the future and the past 3 years r meaningless going forward... since this contract doesn't kick in for another year yet.. smith > boedker now and going forward... smith>> ladd going g forward ainec
Oh I get, so now you are nostradamus and can see into the future. :laugh:
You continue to not let me down with the laughs you provide.

Considering Boedker is actually going to a team where he has some talent around him for a change I suggest you think before making a claim such as that. If anything Boedker's numbers are going to go up in San Jose, and those numbers are already higher than Reilly's.

For the 5th time on Ladd versus Smith, take the bet or quit running your mouth.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I never said Boedker is a more productive goal scorer. I said he is more productive offensively and considering he has a higher points per game average over the last three years, he is. I also said that he has two 50+ point seasons over the span. Both of these facts you disputed until I showed you the numbers.

Of course, now that you mention it. Boedker has 50 goals over the last three seasons in 207 games. Smith has 58 goals over the last three seasons in 245 games. Want to guess which one has the higher goals per game average? I got news for you, it isn't your boyfriend Reilly.

As for Ladd verus Smith, I see you are back peddling now that I asked you to put your money where your mouth is. Take the bet or quit running your mouth.

Stay classy man! As to Ladd and Smith, I'd be curious to know which player Isles fans would prefer.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
LMAO, guys says Reilly Smith is more productive offensively than Mikkel Boedker and has more 50 point seasons, gets proven wrong. Then says "but but but Smith is better defensively and he's a better goal scorer," only to find out that Boedker also has a higher goals per game average over the last 3 years as well :laugh:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Which just goes to show injury prone players don't make as much..smith doesn't miss games.. contract goes up.. thanks for help making one of my previous point ts for me... u wanna compare even strength production? Or nah? Also I think smith is winning g the smith vs boedker poll because he is the better more productive player

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Which just goes to show injury prone players don't make as much..smith doesn't miss games.. contract goes up.. thanks for help making one of my previous point ts for me... u wanna compare even strength production? Or nah? Also I think smith is winning g the smith vs boedker poll because he is the better more productive player

So let me get this straight:

First you said Reilly Smith is more productive offensively than Mikkel Boedker, to which you were proven wrong.

Then you said Reilly Smith has more 50+ point seasons than Mikkel Boedker, to which you were proven wrong.

Third you say that Reilly Smith is a better goal scorer, to which you were proven wrong.

Now it's because Smith is less injury prone and scores more even strength points.

A. Boedker has missed the following games due to injury over the last 5 years:
15-16, 2
14-15, 37
15-16, 0
14-15, 0
13-14, 0

So other than 2014-2015 Boedker has missed a whopping 2 games out of 294. Hardly what I would call an injury prone player.

B. News flash, points on the power play count just the same as points at even strength.

But hey, Reilly Smith is worth more term and 1 million more per year AAV than Boedker :shakehead

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
LMAO, guys says Reilly Smith is more productive offensively than Mikkel Boedker and has more 50 point seasons, gets proven wrong. Then says "but but but Smith is better defensively and he's a better goal scorer," only to find out that Boedker also has a higher goals per game average over the last 3 years as well :laugh:

I asked how ,any 20 goal seasons boedker has... which u still haven't answered... if he can't stay healthy enough to crack it.. or maybe he's just not good enough.. eother way reilly has 2 of them and 1 25 goal season... either way u slice it boedker has never achieved that.. and considering all he can bring is offense and nothing else I would say thats not a good thing

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

First you said Reilly Smith is more productive offensively than Mikkel Boedker, to which you were proven wrong.

Then you said Reilly Smith has more 50+ point seasons than Mikkel Boedker, to which you were proven wrong.

Third you say that Reilly Smith is a better goal scorer, to which you were proven wrong.

Now it's because Smith is less injury prone and scores more even strength points.

15-16, 2
14-15, 37
15-16, 0
14-15, 0
13-14, 0

So other than 2014-2015 Boedker has missed a whopping 2 games out of 294. Hardly what I would call an injury prone player.

B. News flash, points on the power play count just the same as points at even strength.

But hey, Reilly Smith is worth more term and 1 million more per year AAV than Boedker :shakehead

So why can't he score 20 goals? If he's so healthy? If he's the better goal scorer? Lol must be the best non 20 goal scorer that provides nothing else to a team in the history of the nhl..

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

15-16, 2
14-15, 37
15-16, 0
14-15, 0
13-14, 0

News flash 5on5 production is more valued than pp production... wonder if gms think about that stuff when handing out contracts? Or nah doesn't fit your narritive

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I asked how ,any 20 goal seasons boedker has... which u still haven't answered... if he can't stay healthy enough to crack it.. or maybe he's just not good enough.. eother way reilly has 2 of them and 1 25 goal season... either way u slice it boedker has never achieved that.. and considering all he can bring is offense and nothing else I would say thats not a good thing

Yep, implying that Smith is a better goal scorer than Boedker, which the stats prove he isn't. Considering Boedker is considered a playmaking winger, and Smith a goal scoring 2-way winger that doesn't make Smith look good.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
News flash 5on5 production is more valued than pp production... wonder if gms think about that stuff when handing out contracts? Or nah doesn't fit your narritive

And just when I thought it couldn't possibly get any more ridiculous.............So even strength points are more important than PP points :laugh:

DUDE, goals are goals, assists are assists, points are points no matter what situation they come from.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
So why can't he score 20 goals? If he's so healthy? If he's the better goal scorer? Lol must be the best non 20 goal scorer that provides nothing else to a team in the history of the nhl..

Boedker has 50 goals over the last three seasons in 207 games for an average of 0.241 goals per game.

Smith has 58 goals over the last three seasons in 245 games for an average of 0.236 goals per game.

0.241 is higher than 0.236.

Boedker scores goals at a higher per game clip than Smith.

FACT

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Yep, implying that Smith is a better goal scorer than Boedker, which the stats prove he isn't. Considering Boedker is considered a playmaking winger, and Smith a goal scoring 2-way winger that doesn't make Smith look good.

Considering Boedker has never scored 20 and Smith has in 2 of his 3 seasons and will likely continue to as he enters his prime ya smith is the better goal scorer... and the better all around player.. and the better pker and worth more contract wise as most people believe other than u and a few other minorities

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
By the way, still waiting for you to man up and take that bet.

Andrew Ladd will have a higher points per game average over the next 5 years than Reilly Smith.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Boedker has 50 goals over the last three seasons in 207 games for an average of 0.241 goals per game.

Smith has 58 goals over the last three seasons in 245 games for an average of 0.236 goals per game.

0.241 is higher than 0.236.

Boedker scores goals at a higher per game clip than Smith.

FACT

Than why can't he crack 20 goals in a season if he is better? And Smith has in 2 of 3 seasons? I'll wait whIle u explain it to me..

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
By the way, still waiting for you to man up and take that bet.

Andrew Ladd will have a higher points per game average over the next 5 years than Reilly Smith.

Considering I have no clue who u r I doubt I will be making a 5 year bet with u.. seems kinda stupid... hopefully tavares can prop ladds corpse up enough to still be playing in 5 years for your sake so u don't look so pathetic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad