Confirmed Signing with Link: [FLA] Panthers re-sign Reilly Smith (5 years, $5M AAV)

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Considering Boedker has never scored 20 and Smith has in 2 of his 3 seasons and will likely continue to as he enters his prime ya smith is the better goal scorer... and the better all around player.. and the better pker and worth more contract wise as most people believe other than u and a few other minorities
Boedker has a higher goals per game average over the last 3 seasons than Reilly Smith. This is a fact that all of the misdirection, talking, and assanine comments can't get you around.

As for your last comment, you are making a comment which is 100% purely based on opinion. Unless you can find a way to poll all 30 NHL GM's, that comment of yours mean nothing.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Considering I have no clue who u r I doubt I will be making a 5 year bet with u.. seems kinda stupid... hopefully tavares can prop ladds corpse up enough to still be playing in 5 years for your sake so u don't look so pathetic
So in other words you are wussing out. Thanks for proving all of my points about you to be correct. Like I said, I honestly feel sorry for you, but at the same time you are just so dang entertaining and funny I can't help myself but to engage with you.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So in other words you are wussing out. Thanks for proving all of my points about you to be correct. Like I said, I honestly feel sorry for you, but at the same time you are just so dang entertaining and funny I can't help myself but to engage with you.

By the way smith winning in the polls 20-9... pretty basic.. also can't argue any further with someone who thinks power play production is valued the same as even strength production..u can take that to a poll too if u want to get smacked around some more

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
First of all, your post and poll question reads:

"Easy option who would u rather have reilly smith or boedker"

Not "who got the better value deal between Boedker at 4 million per for 4 years as a UFA versus Smith at 5 million per as a RFA"

This was the argument all along, not who would you rather have.

Second :laugh: at your last comment.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
First of all, your post and poll question reads:

"Easy option who would u rather have reilly smith or boedker"

Not "who got the better value deal between Boedker at 4 million per for 4 years as a UFA versus Smith at 5 million per as a RFA"

This was the argument all along, not who would you rather have.

Second :laugh: at your last comment.

Poll reads take into account contract age etc... but nice try... and lol at my second comment all u want.. just makes u look like a fool

ytsur*

Boedker had 51 points in 2013-2014 and 51 points in 2015-2016. By my count that is TWO seasons of 50+ points, NOT one season of 40+ points.

You lose all credibility in the argument when you not only bring incorrect facts to the table, but then go out of your way to try and insult the other person for that very thing (which in this case, they didn't do in the first place). Yet, I am supposed to take you or your arguments seriously :shakehead

What was that you were saying about "Facts, homie." :laugh:

I apologize for the oversight, yet the point remains: Smith has more 40+ points seasons than Boedker despite being younger and having played fewer seasons.

And do you care to address the other stats in my post to you? Feel free to verify my numbers.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Poll reads take into account contract age etc... but nice try... and lol at my second comment all u want.. just makes u look like a fool

LMAO, the thread title simply says "Smith versus Boedker" and then your post says "Easy option who would u rather have reilly smith or boedker" and then under the fine print you list about age, contract, etc. You knew exactly what you were doing. Not to menton like I keep telling you the opinions of a bunch of morons on HFboards doesn't mean crap. Find a way to poll the 30 NHL GM's and/or a bunch of NHL scouts otherwise you have nothing.

Again, as for your last comment :laugh:

There is nothing more priceless than someone such as yourself who gets proven factually wrong on several items within an argument, who continues to go from one point to the next as a result and also contradicts his own arguments several times, and then is delusional enough to make comments such as the one you made a couple of posts ago. Please keep them coming, I am dying over here in laughter.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Really, Boedker as comparable?!? Okay lets look at how both effect the game:

1.png

Ok, so pretty clearly Smith has a much more positive effect on the game, maybe there is more.

1a9e49390ffb42f5b31e0621575944c4.png

So not only does Smith effect the game more positively when he is on the ice, he also can play on both sides of special teams? Yeah lets not brig this up again.

varano

Jun 27, 2013

1.png

Ok, so pretty clearly Smith has a much more positive effect on the game, maybe there is more.

So not only does Smith effect the game more positively when he is on the ice, he also can play on both sides of special teams? Yeah lets not brig this up again.

Can you post the stats from previous year for comparison sake

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

1.png

Owned

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
I don't know what all the hemming and hawing is about. Reilly Smith had three very good seasons in his 22-24 year old seasons and is worth his new contract. He is a better offensive generator than Boedker, to the point that comparing the two seems a little odd to me.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
For those only focusing on Smith's offensive stats, which were great for his age and position on the 2nd line, you have to keep in mind that he played both sides of the ice very well. He was, in fact, a key penalty killer. As a forward, he may be the Panthers most effective PKer outside of Mackenzie and Barkov.

We can assume this season was a fluke, or we know what we have in Smith, that he has great chemistry with Trocheck and Jokinen, got 8 points in the playoffs in just 6 games, and is an effective player defensively. I'm more than happy with this contract, let alone the trade to acquire him.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

1.png

But if the Toronto fan says Boedker is better than Reilly that must be the truth... Cos they know everything about hockey up there Canada, it's their game after all dude. :naughty:

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Smith > Boedker

I think we can all agree Smith is more physical.

Boedker is the better skater.

It's is proven Smith is better defensively, he is excellent. Stronger shot suppression and he plays short handed which is a strong indicator. IMO, Boedker is probably below average defensively. I know +/- is a very highly subjective stat but when it's team worst by a wide margin (Boedker) vs. 4th best on team (Smith), it's relevant. To me it's not even really close who the better defensive player is.

For the point watchers...
Smith plays less PP time, but still warrants 2:34 minutes TOI/gm (5g 11a on PP), so he has the skills vs. Boedker's 3:57 minutes TOI/game on the PP (3g 19a on PP). Smith's PP time is hampered because of his strong defensive play and team need to play SH. Reilly Smith has less TOI even strength as well, Boedker 14:30/gm vs. 13:45/gm. So he had 2:08/gm less where he was truly able to contribute offensively yet scored more goals and equalled Boedker's points. 2:08 less TOI/gm x 82 games = 175 minutes / 16.25 TOI per gm (Smith's TOI/gm ES and PP) = 10.75 games. If Reilly played 10.75 more games at a scoring rate of 50/82 = 6.6 points. 50 + 6.6 = 56.6 points vs. Boedkers 51 + 1.3 (as he played only 80 games vs. 82 for Smith) = 52.3. So even offensively Smith put up more points than Boedker.

Smith >> Boedker after I break this down and do more research.

I think a good comparison for Smith is Mike Hoffman... it will be interesting to so what he gets. Hoffman > Smith offensively but Smith > Hoffman defensively. The rest of their game is fairly equal. Hoffman is not bad defensively, just average.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad