Confirmed Trade: [FLA/CGY] Sam Bennett and 2022 6th round pick for Emil Heineman and 2022 2nd round pick

Ledge And Dairy

Comparing to the previous flames GMs is like comparing your current beat up car to a Ford Pinto. Of course, it is better if you are comparing to trash.

Treliving’s flaws are fatal and above all he sucks at roster construction. He failed to develop Bennett and bullied Him out of town. Now it’s his turn.
Bennett's development is on the coaching staff not the GM, Tre's not down there on the ice making lines. Sure if you want to blame trickle down that Tre hired the coach but thats reaching for an excuse.

Reactions: Nanuuk

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett's development is on the coaching staff not the GM, Tre's not down there on the ice making lines. Sure if you want to blame trickle down that Tre hired the coach but thats reaching for an excuse.
How is he not responsible if over the 7 yrs span, he can only find gems like Jankowski and Brouwer to play with him? Yes, it’s the coaches’ fault and Bennett’s too but Treliving constructed the roster. He is not guilt free.

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Truth is we dont know yet who won this trade.
Surely Bennett have shined but it might be just a honeymoon.

I do hope he rises to a new level permanently.

Agree, perhaps, the Flames get lucky and select the next Crosby with the upcoming second. Perhaps, the pick will be a bust.

Still a small sample size on Bennet, but appears to be a first round talent with a high upside. Open question now is consistency.

Reactions: Mase and tellermine

Ledge And Dairy

How is he not responsible if over the 7 yrs span, he can only find gems like Jankowski and Brouwer to play with him? Yes, it’s the coaches’ fault and Bennett’s too but Treliving constructed the roster. He is not guilt free.
You realize hes playing with Huberdeau right? Coaches could have easily put him with Tkachuk but didnt

Last edited:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

I don't blame Treliving for anything other than hiring idiot coaches. Go back to the 2019 team, and now go with the lines I would have proposed:

Gaudreau-Bennett-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Ryan-Monahan
Jankowski-Czarnik-Hathaway

That top 12 would have lit the damn world on fire

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don't blame Treliving for anything other than hiring idiot coaches. Go back to the 2019 team, and now go with the lines I would have proposed:

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Ryan-Monahan

He traded Bennett…he constructed that sad roster…and that team you proposed would get us a lafrenier

Reactions: CupHolders

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Comparing to the previous flames GMs is like comparing your current beat up car to a Ford Pinto. Of course, it is better if you are comparing to trash.

Treliving’s flaws are fatal and above all he sucks at roster construction. He failed to develop Bennett and bullied Him out of town. Now it’s his turn.
How many GMs currently in Canada are better than Treliving? Not counting ownership that has authorized long term rebuilds? I'd say our issue is ownership has been unwilling to do a full rebuild. If we are rebuilding then firing the best drafting GM this franchise has seen in 50 years would be a monumental mistake. This club has never had a top 3 pick. No other team other than Vegas has never had one. The reason is ownership, not the GM.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
How many GMs currently in Canada are better than Treliving? Not counting ownership that has authorized long term rebuilds? I'd say our issue is ownership has been unwilling to do a full rebuild. If we are rebuilding then firing the best drafting GM this franchise has seen in 50 years would be a monumental mistake. This club has never had a top 3 pick. No other team other than Vegas has never had one. The reason is ownership, not the GM.
They all are. Ottawa is the only worse team and they are full with good young players. They'll pass the Flames next year. The Flames have no first line, no first pairing dman, a mediorce "franchise" goalie and their best prospects are middle 6 players a few years away.

With luck, the Flames can compete for Godard and Wright.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Matheson has been great for Pittsburgh
He beem up and down, shown some great flashes and made some.brutal defensive mistakes. MM has been better with ceci who is able to hide some of those lapses. The issue is his contract. Thats awful lot to pay for second of third pair D... let's not undervalue the importance Hornqvist has been for the cats...his presence on amd off the ice is remarkable and the cats feel they won this trade hands down

Reactions: Laus723

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
They all are. Ottawa is the only worse team and they are full with good young players. They'll pass the Flames next year. The Flames have no first line, no first pairing dman, a mediorce "franchise" goalie and their best prospects are middle 6 players a few years away.

With luck, the Flames can compete for Godard and Wright.
So you think Benning is a better GM than Treliving? Not even sure how to respond to that.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

Tkachuk-Backlund-Frolik
Mangiapane-Ryan-Monahan

EKSTIvJWkAA3TEC.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00