Confirmed Trade: [FLA/ARZ] Bolland + Crouse for 2nd + 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
Your obsession is hilarious, but your arguments - and those of others like you - are reminiscent of army generals in a battle who, faced with asymmetrical tactics and unexpected strategies from a desperate opponent, get red-faced and sputter, "But they can't DO that!" as their flanks are getting rolled up.

lol wut

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
You're way offf base. Here's where your argument starts and ends. The only other team who has this level of "insight" is the hurricanes. Hnmmm another team with financial issues. Shocker. But how many teams have 18million dollars of their cap tied up in players who can't play. Only one. Can you figure out who?

Who cares? Cap space is an assett. In a few years when these young players hit their prime we will worry but we dont need to now.

Maybe they change the rules saying you need to spend real money between $50 and 70 ,until that time this is how it works.

We dont need you coming on every single Yote trade forum with your " what a horrible franchise" we heard it all before mostly from you.

Your team has all the cash in the world and you usually have a worse record than us.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Why? Other GMs are not any different. They would be using same or different loopholes as soon as they find a loophole.

No, no, he's right.
I'm sure the GM in Philadelphia - a team that traded Chris Pronger three years after he stopped playing - was furious about the Bolland trade. Likewise, I'd imagine the GM in Boston - a team that once traded Tim Thomas while he was holed up in a cabin in Colorado - was livid. And, best of all, I'm sure the management in Toronto - WHO ONCE TRADED FOR THE HUSK OF NATHAN HORTON - was besides themselves when they heard of this trade.

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Wow, hats to to Arizona's new GM, he's done an amazing job in just a few months!

I have to say, he's been solid at taking on zero/minimal cost contracts that free up space for other teams and being paid in future talent. Brian Burke was one of the early vocal members willing to sell cap space, he wasn't so successful. Chayka on the other hand has been doing it masterfully.

Seems like more than just the skaters on the ice will be getting younger. Chayka's putting on a clinic!
No, no, he's right.
I'm sure the GM in Philadelphia - a team that traded Chris Pronger three years after he stopped playing - was furious about the Bolland trade. Likewise, I'd imagine the GM in Boston - a team that once traded Tim Thomas while he was holed up in a cabin in Colorado - was livid. And, best of all, I'm sure the management in Toronto - WHO ONCE TRADED FOR THE HUSK OF NATHAN HORTON - was besides themselves when they heard of this trade.
Don't forget about the GM in Detroit who's player waited to be traded before he "officially" retired from the NHL. The same GM who will likely give Johan Franzen the Chris Pronger treatment.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Several gms of higher revenue teams were pissed about this trade. But in due defence , they are not hostile towards Arizona. Just hostile with the mockery of the cap loopholes

Like who exactly... And what exactly did Freidman say.

Arizona is playing within the rules and are amassing a great prospect pool. Next year they'll have a ton of cap space again. What's your beef? You seem to be very negative about Arizona.

Last edited:

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I have to say, he's been solid at taking on zero/minimal cost contracts that free up space for other teams and being paid in future talent. Brian Burke was one of the early vocal members willing to sell cap space, he wasn't so successful. Chayka on the other hand has been doing it masterfully.

Seems like more than just the skaters on the ice will be getting younger. Chayka's putting on a clinic!

I'll admit that I was one of those who thought hiring Chayka was a bad idea. Not because of his age - but because I thought he'd just be a stooge for Tippett. But the Goligoski deal was savvy, and he's making the best use of the cap space at his disposal. Also, I was under the impression that Tippett preferred veterans and didn't want to play the youngsters - so what did Chayka do? He bought out Vermette and brought in Crouse. Seems like he's putting his stamp on this team - now if only they could start winning consistently to silence the haters...

Don't forget about the GM in Detroit who's player waited to be traded before he "officially" retired from the NHL. The same GM who will likely give Johan Franzen the Chris Pronger treatment.

Oh, how could I forget? I'm sure Ken Holland was irate when he learned that the GM who bailed him out two months earlier had just acquired Dave Bolland. I'm sure he wouldn't ever contemplate the thought of sending Franzen to the desert over these next four years. Nope, not at all. Just like I'm also sure Stan Bowman was teeming with anger about the trade, rather than thinking about which roster the 42-year-old Marian Hossa will be spending his final season with.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
There is absolutely no purpose for moving Bolland's contract and clearing up 9+ million in cap space unless you have another move planned.

My thoughts too. Everyone knows Crouse is a VERY nice prospect but he's not quite ready. This trade looks a lot like a "win now" move and I think FLA is clearing space for another impact player. If you want a Cup sometimes all chips need to come into play at once.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
The main point of what I said about the big mac is that we are paying AAA steak prices for a hamburger, and other fans are getting the same product with food stamps.
You should come down for the winter. Partial season ticket plans are on sale now :nod:
If that was supposed to be a cool metaphor ....it wasn't.
It was actually a great metaphor. Poor teams have to be creative. Rebuilding teams should do all they can to maximize assets. 3 2015 1sts + 2 2016 1sts in Arizona to augment the young core already in place. That's how you overhaul a team!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Several gms of higher revenue teams were pissed about this trade. But in due defence , they are not hostile towards Arizona. Just hostile with the mockery of the cap loopholes

Do you have a link of these several pissed gms?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The prices of a big Mac vary between American and Canadian based off of food cost variation

There is more to the equation than just food cost, but that does make up most of deciding factor on price.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bettman create the Canadian assistance plan for the four smaller teams. It wasn't much but it was something. Around a couple million dollars a year

I thought it was much more that than, but a couple of million bucks in the 80's would be a hell of a lot more now. The owners passed revenue sharing so it is what it is.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I thought it was much more that than, but a couple of million bucks in the 80's would be a hell of a lot more now. The owners passed revenue sharing so it is what it is.

Not the 80's ...this was just after quebec and Winnipeg collapsed.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Who cares? Cap space is an assett. In a few years when these young players hit their prime we will worry but we dont need to now.

Maybe they change the rules saying you need to spend real money between $50 and 70 ,until that time this is how it works.

We dont need you coming on every single Yote trade forum with your " what a horrible franchise" we heard it all before mostly from you.

Your team has all the cash in the world and you usually have a worse record than us.

Good post. Some posters are just pissed because "it's the Coyotes" who are starting to be run like a real franchise and are doing good things because of ownership.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No, no, he's right.

Exactly.:nod:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I'm a bit confused on these trade the Coyotes have made. If they've taken on so much money in cap space, why aren't they on the hook for the actually paid contract, not just a fraction of the money owed?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm a bit confused on these trade the Coyotes have made. If they've taken on so much money in cap space, why aren't they on the hook for the actually paid contract, not just a fraction of the money owed?

In this case it's because there is an insurance policy on Bolland that pays 80% of his contract because he can't play hockey any more. Pronger doesn't play hockey any more either. Datsyuk left the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad