OT: Fitness and Nutrition XII

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Do I have a concussion or is this post very hard to read lol I can't for the life of me know what its saying

The people who cut calories did lose weight, but eventually that switched entirely to they're being less active and having lower metabolism.

Hunger seems to have only increased among the heavier participants.

Reactions: Andrei79

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I had Xrays done because I injured my back and I need to do more tests... appears I may have scoliosis and Coxarthrosies.

Yea, I think my body is flipping me the bird lol.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Where were you? I can't imagine doing that; in fact, depending what you were doing it could be a bad idea.

I won't be doing it again I'll stick to free weights for now.

I'm in and near Baltimore and I'm fully vaccinated.

Reactions: Lshap

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I won't be doing it again I'll stick to free weights for now.

I'm in and near Baltimore and I'm fully vaccinated.
You don't have to run with a mask do you? You don't even have to do that here.

You know as much as I do that breathing carbon dioxide isn't exactly the best.

Reactions: DAChampion

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Working towards my first 50k next fall, (2x actually), 3rd time in the trail last week, kissed the ground on a downhill strech, right knee is hurting bad... trying ice and rest for 3 days before I go see the physio

Reactions: overlords

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think I f***ed something up in my hips and back.

With working from home, I am not moving nearly as much since just my commute to the metro was 2-3 kms each way and I always walked it.

On top of that work lately has been crazy and I often don't move at all for 8 straight hours, just hunched over at my desk.

I had started feeling some weird pressure/tightness in my obliques recently. I actually attributed it to gas. I started running again (taking it slow) and have been taking care to stretch my problem areas.

Well it isn't enough obviously. I started noticing some muscle spasms in my thighs after a bigger run. It's been a week now and they are still happening in certain positions. Meanwhile my hips are killing me, I must have jammed them up or maybe they were f***ed from sitting so much lately. I get random feelings of electricity and burning down my legs now and stretching my hips is agonizing. My obliques are all tight now too.

This is cascading all over my body, as my neck and shoulders are also very tense from the sitting and it's causing similar nerve pain and spasms in my shoulders and arms.

Foam rollers help a lot but the next day it just comes back. I am very frustrated and it's very uncomfortable. I am so tense and jammed up everywhere, I need to find a way to unblock these joints.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I think I f***ed something up in my hips and back.

With working from home, I am not moving nearly as much since just my commute to the metro was 2-3 kms each way and I always walked it.

On top of that work lately has been crazy and I often don't move at all for 8 straight hours, just hunched over at my desk.

I had started feeling some weird pressure/tightness in my obliques recently. I actually attributed it to gas. I started running again (taking it slow) and have been taking care to stretch my problem areas.

Well it isn't enough obviously. I started noticing some muscle spasms in my thighs after a bigger run. It's been a week now and they are still happening in certain positions. Meanwhile my hips are killing me, I must have jammed them up or maybe they were f***ed from sitting so much lately. I get random feelings of electricity and burning down my legs now and stretching my hips is agonizing. My obliques are all tight now too.

This is cascading all over my body, as my neck and shoulders are also very tense from the sitting and it's causing similar nerve pain and spasms in my shoulders and arms.

Foam rollers help a lot but the next day it just comes back. I am very frustrated and it's very uncomfortable. I am so tense and jammed up everywhere, I need to find a way to unblock these joints.

You need to stretch and keep stretching. People should view stretching the same way they brush their teeth, gotta do it daily.
Truth be told, I don't do isometric stretches all that much but do dynamic ones.

I suggest you book for dry needling.

Reactions: covfefe

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You need to stretch and keep stretching. People should view stretching the same way they brush their teeth, gotta do it daily.
Truth be told, I don't do isometric stretches all that much but do dynamic ones.

I suggest you book for dry needling.

Thanks man. I know it is needed. I have long suffered from flexibility problems and tightness. I never stretch, and I get injured often. But I always recovered fast enough that I blew it off. Now as I get older I am am not recovering overnight anymore. It's a wakeup call.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Thanks man. I know it is needed. I have long suffered from flexibility problems and tightness. I never stretch, and I get injured often. But I always recovered fast enough that I blew it off. Now as I get older I am am not recovering overnight anymore. It's a wakeup call.
Yup...becomes more and more important as you age. Don't postpone it, just start doing it.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Screenshot_20210409-212208_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210409-212133_Facebook.jpg

Hey... So I'm back from a 3 months ban and I kind of lost it with the gym closures. I went forward and bought these.

Best investment I ever made.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Nice, is that an amazon rack ? How is it holding up ?

Nah I bought it at Fitness Avenue. It's apparently capable of being loaded up to 700 pounds and I have no doubt it does.

It also comes with a pulley system that works great. 629$ well spent.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man going from squatting over 400 pounds to struggling with 100 lbs overnight is very rough. Also my knee hurts as f***.

At this point I dont really care for the weight on the bar but Id like to at least not hurt from everywhere.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man going from squatting over 400 pounds to struggling with 100 lbs overnight is very rough. Also my knee hurts as f***.

At this point I dont really care for the weight on the bar but Id like to at least not hurt from everywhere.
Ya man. Feeling gassed doing 8~12reps of 95lbs makes my vagina itch.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I've recently patented myself a double-pulley system to connect with the high/low pulley system on my cage. It's working pretty good. A trip to the Canadian tire, 50 or so bucks and some ingeniosity were the only necessary things. Not the real thing, but still enough to target the muscles on different resistance profiles.

The lockdown has been kind to my manual labor skills. I went to ridiculously inept to pretty decent.

Reactions: overlords

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What's the next bar you would buy if you were me? A Swiss Barbell (multiple grip widths) or a Safety Squat Bar?

The Swiss bar is definitely more versatile and allows for more exercises. But dat quads pump with a SS Bar mayne...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What's the next bar you would buy if you were me? A Swiss Barbell (multiple grip widths) or a Safety Squat Bar?

The Swiss bar is definitely more versatile and allows for more exercises. But dat quads pump with a SS Bar mayne...
SSB for sure. Its my next purchase.

I love that bells of steel one with the many grips, its cool.

You can also do a lot of things with a ssb, squats, good mornings, lunges, unilateral work, etc.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
SSB for sure. Its my next purchase.

I love that bells of steel one with the many grips, its cool.

You can also do a lot of things with a ssb, squats, good mornings, lunges, unilateral work, etc.

Indeed. I like how it hits differently for lunges and good mornings.
I was leaning towards that also. Nice to get confirmation I'm not crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad