Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I've debated it myself.
I just don’t like the slippery slope it creates. Once you do this you then have to do that, and so on. Just seems everyone I’ve known who’ve done them end up doing full on cocktails of many different steroids before too long...

If I did do them, I’d commit to the discipline of just doing one cycle and getting off them ASAP as you can hold your gains after doing a cycle.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Celine Dion has lost weight.

It looks like she's on a low-carb, low-protein, low-fat diet.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What do you have in mind?
Some test enanthate or sustanon. I would never stack on a 1st cycle as it limits the understanding effect of a particular drug. I wouldnt be able to pinpoint what exactly my body is responding to.
On that, I'd use products to prevent man bombs and sperm reduction.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I just don’t like the slippery slope it creates. Once you do this you then have to do that, and so on. Just seems everyone I’ve known who’ve done them end up doing full on cocktails of many different steroids before too long...

If I did do them, I’d commit to the discipline of just doing one cycle and getting off them ASAP as you can hold your gains after doing a cycle.

Most people don't really know what they're getting and it all depends on the reason why you're doing it.

I worked at some of the biggest juicehead gyms in Mtl...The guys using there are mostly idiots. They took stuff so they can look good at the club and beach. I was never tempted to take anything when I worked in those places and most of them were just foolish. They'd take whatever meathead trainer would advise them to take off the black market. I don't think a lot of them even checked their hormone levels before, prior, after.

If you're doing this for expiremental, scientific, performance, hormonal reasons, you will be a lot more methodical in your approach.

Reactions: DAChampion

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I've been lifting in converse for a few years now, yesterday I forgot my shoes and I deadlifted barefoot again... I PR'd. I wonder if it was just a good day or the shoes played a good part in that. It's been a while I hadn't PR'd.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My flexibility issues are really becoming a nuisance. I thought I had injured my shoulder or slept on my arm funny or something, because I had consistent pain in my deltoid on my right arm, as well as pain in my right wrist. I did not think it was related, but later in the week I lost my balance and tried to catch myself, and I felt the EXACT same pain in my left shoulder, and almost instantly the same pain in my left wrist. So I am thinking this is all connected and related to my flexibility issues with my back.

I do feel better for a bit after doing glutes/back stretches my physio gave me. I am so tight right now that if I lie down and do the "jesus pose" my fingers start tingling in both my hands, and I feel incredible tightness in my arms. And it is impacting some of my lifts. I have pain with overhead press (but no loss of strength) and a definite loss of strength with minor pain on rows. Some pain in general on things like bench or squat but that's just because my shoulder hurts when I move my arm too much.

Does anyone have some really good stretches for the glutes/back/chest/shoulders, etc.. ? I will continue to do the ones my physio gave me but at this point it's the only way I can relieve my pain and I'd like to add in more stretching since I only have 2-3 that she gave me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
My flexibility issues are really becoming a nuisance. I thought I had injured my shoulder or slept on my arm funny or something, because I had consistent pain in my deltoid on my right arm, as well as pain in my right wrist. I did not think it was related, but later in the week I lost my balance and tried to catch myself, and I felt the EXACT same pain in my left shoulder, and almost instantly the same pain in my left wrist. So I am thinking this is all connected and related to my flexibility issues with my back.

I do feel better for a bit after doing glutes/back stretches my physio gave me. I am so tight right now that if I lie down and do the "jesus pose" my fingers start tingling in both my hands, and I feel incredible tightness in my arms. And it is impacting some of my lifts. I have pain with overhead press (but no loss of strength) and a definite loss of strength with minor pain on rows. Some pain in general on things like bench or squat but that's just because my shoulder hurts when I move my arm too much.you

Does anyone have some really good stretches for the glutes/back/chest/shoulders, etc.. ? I will continue to do the ones my physio gave me but at this point it's the only way I can relieve my pain and I'd like to add in more stretching since I only have 2-3 that she gave me.
What are the stretches you are already using ?

You should also buy a tennis ball/lacrosse ball/soft ball and a pvc pipe/foam roller/rumble roller for myofascial release. What kind of pain do you have and where exactly ?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What are the stretches you are already using ?

You should also buy a tennis ball/lacrosse ball/soft ball and a pvc pipe/foam roller/rumble roller for myofascial release. What kind of pain do you have and where exactly ?

I am doing this:
1) Side Lying Thoracic rotations:
78629480.jpg

2) gastrocnemius stretch on a step
e47918bbe6013ec91e5a7d625d4e5704--ankle-ligaments-soleus-muscle.jpg

3) Pigeon stretch on a table:
d2d806d2e5ea3db66895e6f06f44db9d--home-exercise-program-editor.jpg

None of these really target my shoulders or anything like that, but my physio said all the tightness I have in my shoulders/neck/chest is due to tightness in my glutes and lower spine.

I have a foam roller and I used to roll out my glutes and IT band. It also has a thing plastic core that I used to roll out the palms of my feet. My physio said I should focus on the above though, because I'll never get better until my back loosens up. In the past, most of my pain was in my knees, IT band, hips and hamstrings. This was when I was running all the time and it was the main thing I was doing.

Today I don't get that pain anymore, but I'm not running anymore either. The pain I've been feeling more recently is right in my deltoid, front deltoid, and in my wrist. It is definitely connected. My chest is also super tight, to the point where outstretching my arms is difficult and makes my fingers go numb. The above oddly does help with my shoulder pain (especially #1), so I don't doubt my physio's assessment that it's all related to my glutes and back. But this is not enough anymore, cause I am still so tight in what feels like everywhere. At this point I'm just looking for relief.

MaxLac

Oct 5, 2017
I've been lifting in converse for a few years now, yesterday I forgot my shoes and I deadlifted barefoot again... I PR'd. I wonder if it was just a good day or the shoes played a good part in that. It's been a while I hadn't PR'd.

I personally trained barefoot for years now. I started it in Muay Thai class years ago. Back then, I had problem with knees pains when I was running. In the class, we were running indoor, barefoot. I realized quickly that I was landing too much on the ball of the foot. I was able to correct it and then see the benefit, even running with shoes. After that, I bought Vibram 5 fingers "shoes". Now I lift weight and run with them. For weightlifting, I like that I feel more the ground under my feet. I don't think it help me with result (I don't lift heavy weight) but my form is definitely better. I feel it when I lean to much towards my toes when doing squats and can correct it. I find lunge way more natural barefoot, your foot not constraint by a shoes and can bent more easily. And on top of that, I just find it more comfortable.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I’ve been trying to incorporate more protein in my breakfast actually. My nutritionist I recently started seeing suggested despite being a relatively normal weight with an “ok” diet. My issue mainly has been relatively low energy, especially as we hit late afternoon and early evening.

I had the “worker’s” diet which may be a quick muffin/toast/bagel and coffee, but it’s crappy carbs. So, she suggested trying to maybe get an egg in there, or what I have been doing lately is I still have toast but I’ll sprinkle hemp hearts on it.

Anyhow, going through a bunch of changes after consulting a nutritionist and naturopath. Other than energy, my knees are getting really sore, especially when I get up from sitting. Been taking turmeric lately as well as some herbal remedies. Too early to say if any of this is working. Guess I’ll report back in 6-weeks but right now I don’t feel anything except lighter... in the wallet.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’ve been trying to incorporate more protein in my breakfast actually. My nutritionist I recently started seeing suggested despite being a relatively normal weight with an “ok” diet. My issue mainly has been relatively low energy, especially as we hit late afternoon and early evening.

I had the “worker’s” diet which may be a quick muffin/toast/bagel and coffee, but it’s crappy carbs. So, she suggested trying to maybe get an egg in there, or what I have been doing lately is I still have toast but I’ll sprinkle hemp hearts on it.

Anyhow, going through a bunch of changes after consulting a nutritionist and naturopath. Other than energy, my knees are getting really sore, especially when I get up from sitting. Been taking turmeric lately as well as some herbal remedies. Too early to say if any of this is working. Guess I’ll report back in 6-weeks but right now I don’t feel anything except lighter... in the wallet.

At the end of the day, these dietary magic remedy dont really work if you dont put in the work. It might help a bit but the true magic remedy is movement.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
At the end of the day, these dietary magic remedy dont really work if you dont put in the work. It might help a bit but the true magic remedy is movement.

He might also not be a morning person, or be getting poor sleep. There are a lot of possibilities.

Reactions: sandviper

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

Do avoid simple carbs at breakfast if they give you a coma. Beans might work better. Or an avocado. Or an egg. Or just fast until lunch.

Do you believe yourself to be sleeping properly?

Black coffee might good to wake you up.

Or Adderall/Ritalin/etc ;-)

Reactions: sandviper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad