Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ain't no proper breakfast there..
aucklands-best-english-breakfasts.jpg

Can't hear you over all the grease in my ears.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
aucklands-best-english-breakfasts.jpg

Can't hear you over all the grease in my ears.

I don't eat pork. I also prefer my eggs poached. Those mushrooms look great though ... It takes a lot of patience to cook mushrooms, they take forever to lose their moisture

But a true British breakfast would have scones, clotted cream, and jam. Or hot cross buns.

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
My new breakfast is plain Icelandic yogurt with the protein Vector granola. About 50g of protein and I sincerely enjoy the taste.

My daughter was born about a month ago and I took 2 weeks off from training and then started again with a 20% deload, and I've recently passed where I was before. The deload was really helpful, I was struggling to hit some reps on certain lifts and now I am hitting them no problem 30 lbs heavier.

I also started taking creatine and I feel this has helped as well. I was, however, pretty shocked when I weighed myself last as I think I gained a lot of water weight. When I got home from the hospital with my kid 5 weeks ago (after, admittedly, several days of not eating much), I was about 183 lbs and now I am 195 lbs. My clothes all fit the same except around my chest and arms so I haven't really put on anything.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm really struggling with my digestion these days... I realize it's never going to be 100% healthy to bulk up like I'm doing but man... i can't even squat without letting gas leak now... It's kinda annoying that all I think about is this when I have 400 pounds on my back.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm really struggling with my digestion these days... I realize it's never going to be 100% healthy to bulk up like I'm doing but man... i can't even squat without letting gas leak now... It's kinda annoying that all I think about is this when I have 400 pounds on my back.

You know what I wonder,

How can the Tour De France cyclists burn through 12,000 calories a day without ever having to poop during a race?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You know what I wonder,

How can the Tour De France cyclists burn through 12,000 calories a day without ever having to poop during a race?

Maybe they eat super efficient foods. Some babies only poop like once a week because breastmilk is so efficient.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man Lasha Whatshisname with a 573 lbs clean and jerk. This guy is just not human.

And he also broke the WR with a 480 lbs snatch. This is ridiculous. He brings my 1rm squat to overhead in a snatch.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Man Lasha Whatshisname with a 573 lbs clean and jerk. This guy is just not human.

And he also broke the WR with a 480 lbs snatch. This is ridiculous. He brings my 1rm squat to overhead in a snatch.
Was just having a discussion with a buddy and fellow coach about this. There is no way in hell any Oly lifter is natural. That doesnt take anything away from them, what they do is insane.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Was just having a discussion with a buddy and fellow coach about this. There is no way in hell any Oly lifter is natural. That doesnt take anything away from them, what they do is insane.
I don't give a flying crap about them being natural. I want to see exactly what I'm seeing. Lasha is a freak of nature, with or without the gear. He's almost clean and jerking 600 pound over his head... Thats absolutely insane, especially if you understand what 600 pounds represents in weight. Ive been chasing that deadlift for a year or two now and he's freaking jerking it ? Holy moly.

Thats the roughly two fridge in weight. f***ing amazing.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't give a flying crap about them being natural. I want to see exactly what I'm seeing. Lasha is a freak of nature, with or without the gear. He's almost clean and jerking 600 pound over his head... Thats absolutely insane, especially if you understand what 600 pounds represents in weight. Ive been chasing that deadlift for a year or two now and he's freaking jerking it ? Holy moly.

Thats the roughly two fridge in weight. ****ing amazing.
Ya, agree completely. It is insane the numbers they're pushing. Nuts.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

That's incredible for a snatch. I remember watching Alexeyev break the C&J 500lb. barrier in the Olympics in '72 (maybe' 76?). In those days everyone was still doing the snatch with split legs rather than a squat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad