Fitness and Nutrition, Rep VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thanks !

I should probably talk to someone about my technique. I wonder if the trainers who work there actually know anything? Moreover my technique is necessarily different, a Is have very low flexibility.

My feet are wider than my hips on the squat, the pressure is mostly but not entirely on my heels, and at the bottom my thighs are parallel with the floor. However, when I get there, my back/torso is not vertical, it's leaning forward. It is impossible for me to drop that much with a vertical back, even if I'm only squatting my body weight.
Finding people that are qualified for this type of work is as easy as findint a dentist, and its worth it. Even just one consultation can change your technique drastically.

Are you working on flexibility before your workout? Its the most important part of any workout IMO.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Finding people that are qualified for this type of work is as easy as findint a dentist, and its worth it. Even just one consultation can change your technique drastically.

Are you working on flexibility before your workout? Its the most important part of any workout IMO.

Do you stretch before your workout? For how long?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Thanks !

I should probably talk to someone about my technique. I wonder if the trainers who work there actually know anything? Moreover my technique is necessarily different, a Is have very low flexibility.

My feet are wider than my hips on the squat, the pressure is mostly but not entirely on my heels, and at the bottom my thighs are parallel with the floor. However, when I get there, my back/torso is not vertical, it's leaning forward. It is impossible for me to drop that much with a vertical back, even if I'm only squatting my body weight.

I think if you are trying to save your back but you want to deadlift, try trapbar deadlifts. Never was a fan of them before, called the trap bar the granny bar lol, but I've become a fan of it since I started that alphadestiny novice program. Much easier to maintain good form with it.

Last edited:

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I wanna compliment my boxing class (4 times a week of HITT 1 hour) and running (sprint-agility-mountain climbing for 30-45 min on friday plus a 5-10k run on sunday) with 3 x 30 min of musculation before boxing on monday-wednesday and saturday

What should I do..I AM a NOVICE in Lifting..

yesterday I did Bench press.. 3 sets of 8 at 140 pounds..
3 sets of squads at 100 pounds
3 sets of triceps, some back and biceps...

any1 can build me a little program for a starter?
Starting strength is a much superior program to stronglifts imo.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Do you stretch before your workout? For how long?
Yes, always, I actually do mobility work everyday. At least for ten minutes a day. I warmup with rope jump or light cardio or what ever, then hop on the foam roller and the lacrosse ball, then static stretch for 20 secs each hold ( I use limber 11 from Defranco, with a few things changed.) And then I squat down and sit there for a minute. Sometimes, I go back to the foam roller if my knees still click or if I still feel rusty.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It sounds like rucking requires a lot of time to get the benefits. That's great when you have it, but I can get huge benefits in a 25-30 minute run, and running doesn't have to harm your joints.

For the benefits of rucking you'd have to do about a 40 minutes walk instead of 30 minutes of jogging, it a small 10 minutes to get all the benefits.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
What does a ton of food look like to you?

Today I think I topped 3200 calories. And I got that 10x3 at 210 up easier as I did 10x3 for 205 last week. Up to 215 next week. Objective's getting closer. When I come in the gym on Saturdays I always try to have had at least 10 hours of sleep the night before.

I'm having a carbs shake during my training, a whey scoop in 300ml of milk post training, plus a banana with a can of tuna right before. For lunch I had half a pound of pork liver with 2 cups of sweet potatoes and onions. For breakfast I had 4 eggs, two whole wheat toasts with a banana on it and a couple slices of roasted baloney. Tonight after training I hate a whole potato with a chicken breast plus the rest of my nephew's chicken leg and green beans and carrots. And tonight I went out with a friend and had a semi-cheat (mcdouble with fries and water) to finish out the night.

To me that's a whole lot of food

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Today I think I topped 3200 calories. And I got that 10x3 at 210 up easier as I did 10x3 for 205 last week. Up to 215 next week. Objective's getting closer. When I come in the gym on Saturdays I always try to have had at least 10 hours of sleep the night before.

I'm having a carbs shake during my training, a whey scoop in 300ml of milk post training, plus a banana with a can of tuna right before. For lunch I had half a pound of pork liver with 2 cups of sweet potatoes and onions. For breakfast I had 4 eggs, two whole wheat toasts with a banana on it and a couple slices of roasted baloney. Tonight after training I hate a whole potato with a chicken breast plus the rest of my nephew's chicken leg and green beans and carrots. And tonight I went out with a friend and had a semi-cheat (mcdouble with fries and water) to finish out the night.

To me that's a whole lot of food

Holy shit, you had a lot of vitamin A.

Liver
Eggs
Carrots
Sweet potato

!!!

I'd actually like to eat more liver but it's hard to find in Baltimore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Son Oncle Jerry

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Coming back to the Honkie town tonight from Sri Lanka. Goddamn the curry was good here, and the grilled seafood. Deliciousness.
Looking forward to seeing how much the weight went up, I ate so much. 0 visibility on abs.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Holy ****, you had a lot of vitamin A.

Liver
Eggs
Carrots
Sweet potato

!!!

Pork liver is dirt cheap where I get it. I get 1.5 pound for 4.50$ at my friend's butcher shop. I like veal liver too but it's way too expensive.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I'm finally putting on strength, but I might need to take time off. My para-umbilical hernia has recurred, and this time the surgeons want to install a composite mesh on my abdomen at the end of August. That would mean taking 4-6 weeks off from heavy lifting. Would I be guaranteed to lose all strength in that time frame?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm finally putting on strength, but I might need to take time off. My para-umbilical hernia has recurred, and this time the surgeons want to install a composite mesh on my abdomen at the end of August. That would mean taking 4-6 weeks off from heavy lifting. Would I be guaranteed to lose all strength in that time frame?
Yeah, but it will come back eventually, youre at pretty novice levels, no offense intended.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Pork liver is dirt cheap where I get it. I get 1.5 pound for 4.50$ at my friend's butcher shop. I like veal liver too but it's way too expensive.

I wouldn't eat pork due to being raised Jewish, but in general liver is a wonderful food. If you look at beef liver for example:
Beef, variety meats and by-products, liver, cooked, braised Nutrition Facts & Calories
It is extremely high in a number of nutrients including protein, vitamin A, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, B12, phosphorus, copper, and selenium.

I'll go look for chopped liver. I hate the taste of liver by itself, but it's tolerable when masked with other foods.

I do suspect that if you ate 100 grams a day you would get vitamin A poisoning within a few weeks. The liver of some animals, such as polar bear, is toxic in small doses due to the high vitamin A concentration.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Holy ****, you had a lot of vitamin A.

Liver
Eggs
Carrots
Sweet potato

!!!

I mean. I guess it's circumstancial. Yesterday I mainly ate salmon for dinner and ground veal for lunch. But eggs and sweet potatoes are a staple in my nutrition.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Can you spell out forty pounds PR for me? Smolov holds true. Ill try to go a bit higher on friday. 60 pounds isnt out of question, impressive program TBH. Even with a conservative 1rm, which was peobably 10 to 15 pounds lower than my actual max. Thats nasty gains for six small weeks.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What's the lowest weight someone at a shade under 5'11 should get. I'm at 160 right now, for bodybuilding + strength? I was thinking anything less than 150 is dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig