Injury Report: Fistric (back) and Horcoff (hand)

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I think Calgary's luck in that game should show they have no chance at a #1 pick no matter where they finish. :laugh:
Sigh. It's been so long since we've seen an effort like Calgary put forth the other night. I wonder whats more deflating. Losing like we did to a disinterested, unfocused Vancouver team or watching your team absolutely dominate and lose...

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Sigh. It's been so long since we've seen an effort like Calgary put forth the other night. I wonder whats more deflating. Losing like we did to a disinterested, unfocused Vancouver team or watching your team absolutely dominate and lose...

The latter for sure. At least with the former you lost because you weren't very good in that game. The other shows you that you aren't very good period.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The latter for sure. At least with the former you lost because you weren't very good in that game. The other shows you that you aren't very good period.
Maybe. We certainly saw a lot of those efforts against the Stars in the late 90's, early 00's before outright skill did us in.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe. We certainly saw a lot of those efforts against the Stars in the late 90's, early 00's before outright skill did us in.

Granted I think the Flames are better than the DFL they're in right now, but man it's gotta suck for that franchise even more than us.

Everyone outside of Calgary knows they should have torn it down years ago.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Steckel from the Leafs. He's been a healthy scratch for a lot of their games, but last year was decent on the PK and was 58% on the dot.

Steckel is a player I was very fond of when he played for the Caps, he's got pretty decent size to go with being solid in the dot, but I can't recall watching him play even once in the couple of Leafs games I stomach every year.

The loss of Horcoff is bigger here than most think, it's definitely made me more pessimistic about our chances at reaching the playoffs.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Granted I think the Flames are better than the DFL they're in right now, but man it's gotta suck for that franchise even more than us.

Everyone outside of Calgary knows they should have torn it down years ago.
They're scared to follow this path and rightfully so. Every time it looks like the Oilers are going to see a surge in the standings they remain stagnant.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They're scared to follow this path and rightfully so. Every time it looks like the Oilers are going to see a surge in the standings they remain stagnant.

The Flames are just as stagnant as we are. They keep staring at that glass ceiling known as 8th place but refuse to take the necessary steps to smash it.

Maybe not scorched earth but certainly Iginla and Kipper could bring back some nice pieces.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

In fairness to the Hawks, they were bagged. Seventh road game in the first nine games, and the Flames had only played once since the prior Saturday. Would like to see them repeat that against an equally rested Hawks team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
In fairness to the Hawks, they were bagged. Seventh road game in the first nine games, and the Flames had only played once since the prior Saturday. Would like to see them repeat that against an equally rested Hawks team.

Yeah, the Flames have had the easiest schedule of any team by far. They haven't even played outside of Canada yet.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The Flames are just as stagnant as we are. They keep staring at that glass ceiling known as 8th place but refuse to take the necessary steps to smash it.

Maybe not scorched earth but certainly Iginla and Kipper could bring back some nice pieces.
Well, professional sports is a business and (I'm not saying that this is right) they've continued to sell the idea that playoffs are a possibility and they're always in the mix come March and even early April.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well, professional sports is a business and (I'm not saying that this is right) they've continued to sell the idea that playoffs are a possibility and they're always in the mix come March and even early April.

They're pretty much us during the 2000s until reality hit us hard.

Besides we've seen this story already. The last three years have been the exact same deal. Start slow, in the bottom 2 or 3 spots around mid-season then surge up the standings, build up hope, and blow it in the dying weeks, slotting into 9th or 10th.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
They're pretty much us during the 2000s until reality hit us hard.

Besides we've seen this story already. The last three years have been the exact same deal. Start slow, in the bottom 2 or 3 spots around mid-season then surge up the standings, build up hope, and blow it in the dying weeks, slotting into 9th or 10th.
A ground-up re-build is a fine notion provided that it doesn't take 5+ years to achieve and you're not counting on it to fix every single hole and problem on the roster.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
A ground-up re-build is a fine notion provided that it doesn't take 5+ years to achieve and you're not counting on it to fix every single hole and problem on the roster.

Well the Flames have a decent (if overpaid) defense. If they had a replacement for Kipper (which they don't) they could probably unload most of their contracts like we did.

Honestly the Flames are kinda like the opposite of us. Decent D, great goaltending (save this year) but lack of depth up front. Not saying we have great depth up front but I'd take our top 6 over theirs anyday.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Well the Flames have a decent (if overpaid) defense. If they had a replacement for Kipper (which they don't) they could probably unload most of their contracts like we did.

Honestly the Flames are kinda like the opposite of us. Decent D, great goaltending (save this year) but lack of depth up front. Not saying we have great depth up front but I'd take our top 6 over theirs anyday.
Most of their forwards are like ours from the MacT days. Their skill is in question but they can cycle and grind the hell out of you when the mood strikes them.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
at least it isn't one of the big 4...so far :(

people are saying that RNH was favoring his shoulder last night after being tackled near the end of the game (without drawing a penalty i might add), and didn't see the ice again... i didn't notice him favoring his shoulder though, but who knows with our injury luck

Oct 15, 2008

Why in the world would the Flames, or anyone for that matter, want to be like us?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad