Injury Report: Fistric (back) and Horcoff (hand)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Betts had an okay two seasons with the Flyers. I wonder why he seems to have called it quits...

Injuries. He missed all of last year. He was even picked up off waivers and I believe it was cancelled because of injury.

I do like the idea of Steckel. The fact is it's going to be tough to find a 3rd line center for a decent price, but all we really need at this point is someone that is a NHLer. We need someone so that we aren't playing Lander and VV on the same night.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
too bad this didnt happen 3 weeks ago and we could have got gomez on the cheap.

also i shouldnt laugh but last night on twitter i saw this

"so fristic isnt lpaying cause he is butthurt?" lol

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i do what ever i can to get jarret stoll, he is excellent at PK, faceoffs and we can play him on the point on the PP and not have to worry about potter playing there.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I know it ain't pretty but I think we'll see Eager - Smyth - Petrell on the third line this week unless we swing a deal for a guy like Steckel. Smyth has taken some draws this year and in the past. Plus Eager is drawing back in soon anyways.

Even if that occurs, I'd like to see Edmonton bring Steckel in for cheap and potentially bump Lander back to OKC. Depth is a good thing and Vandevelde has not earned a call-up this year.

SchultzSquared*

or move taylor hall to center since keep him from getting banged up flying down the wings

Hall is best stop-gap... played C before... didn't do okay... so what if he doesn't like it. Team's banged up...

Smyth-Hall-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartikainen-Lander-Paajarvi
Eager-CVV-Petrell

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Hall is best stop-gap... played C before... didn't do okay... so what if he doesn't like it. Team's banged up...

Smyth-Hall-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Hartikainen-Lander-Paajarvi
Eager-CVV-Petrell

So you want to make Hall our 3rd line checking centre?

Weakening your top line to fill a need at 3C doesn't make sense

Six in O6

Feb 24, 2009
Edmonton
You can also put me on the Stoll wagon. I wonder what it would take to grab him. He's clearly lost his potential to be a second line contributor but would still bring a lot to this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->