Injury Report: Fistric (back) and Horcoff (hand)

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Mark Fistric hurt his back trying to smash a canucks player along the boards and will not return to tonight's game.
Shawn Horcoff blocked a shot of his hand and will not return to tonight's game.

I thought we could combine these two injuries into one thread so there isn't so many injury threads.
I have no idea obviously but i have a feeling (hoping) these are both minor injuries.

Let me know if you guys prefer seperate threads

Update: Shawn Horcoff has a broken knuckle "out longterm"
Mark Fistric strained his back he is day-to-day.

Last edited:

doorbag

Jun 26, 2008
A friend of a friend says he spoke with his mother and she says he is fine and it's only back spasms. Not sure how serious back spasms are but I think his mother not being worried is a good sign.

Also there is no way I can verify this so take it with a grain of salt.

Ranfordrocks

Feb 16, 2007
since eager and jones still few weeks away
and horc and belganer hurt

could oilers call up Jothan Cheechoo?

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Probably add Nugent-Hopkins shoulder to the list as well.

Is he actually hurt?

Why are all the centermen going down :(

The oilers need belanger and horcoff winning faceoffs on the pp and pk they won only 30% of draws against vancouver tonight.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Is he actually hurt?

Why are all the centermen going down :(

The oilers need belanger and horcoff winning faceoffs on the pp and pk they won only 30% of draws against vancouver tonight.

It certainly looked like it when Sedin hauled him down, he came up with his left arm hanging to his side and went straight to the bench. Never saw him after, don't know if he went to the dressing room or not.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Good news is that Horc's hands can't get any worse, so at least it won't be an injury that affects him long-term.

Sure would like to see them start looking at some options for now though:

Arnott?
Luke Adam?
Jarret Stoll?

Rin

Mar 28, 2006
Northern Alberta
Horcoff with a broken knuckle, crap :(, Hopefully Lander or VV can get better at face offs.

Horcoff is out long term- do we know how long Belanger is out? I think I read about a week due to the open sore. How is VV at faceoffs? Can't be worse than what we currently have.

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
It certainly looked like it when Sedin hauled him down, he came up with his left arm hanging to his side and went straight to the bench. Never saw him after, don't know if he went to the dressing room or not.

Just watched it again. Im not convinced he got injured. Guess we will have to wait and see.

pocketful

"We'll see"
Feb 3, 2012
We are in trouble without Horcoff and Belanger. I guess it was only a matter of time before key players are hit with injuries. It scares me that Nuge and Eberle just don't look like themselves.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Good news is that Horc's hands can't get any worse, so at least it won't be an injury that affects him long-term.

Arnott?
Luke Adam?
Jarret Stoll?

Steckel from the Leafs. He's been a healthy scratch for a lot of their games, but last year was decent on the PK and was 58% on the dot.

Oct 15, 2008

Arnott?
Luke Adam?
Jarret Stoll?

How about Chris Vande Velde?

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
We need to get some depth down the middle if we expect to do any better. Sucks horc will be out for a while.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I hope Fistric isn't too hurt. More minutes for Potter scares me.

Really sucks that Horcoff is gone long term. He isn't worth 5.5 but he's still a useful player.

Steckel from the Leafs. He's been a healthy scratch for a lot of their games, but last year was decent on the PK and was 58% on the dot.

He was my first thought too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad