Injury Report: Fistric (back) and Horcoff (hand)

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Canucks fan here, really sorry to hear that Horcoff is gone for an extended period of time. You never wanna see a player hurt like that, especially someone as important as a Captain.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Horcoff broken knuckle. Out long term.

I'm not saying this because we haven't heard this before, but because this season, as per the style we've been playing (a mediocrely successful trap), is in a definite state of disarray.

HatchtrickBateman

Jun 29, 2011
Lincoln, NE
Stars fan here. Any word yet on Fistric's injury? Was glad to see Oil fans liking his play so far this year. He deserves ice time, and is finally getting it, it appears

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Good news is that Horc's hands can't get any worse, so at least it won't be an injury that affects him long-term.

Sure would like to see them start looking at some options for now though:

Arnott?
Luke Adam?
Jarret Stoll?

Wonder what it would take to get Stoll?

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
Time to look at Weiss out of Florida. He might fit in well on the 2nd line and re-sign in the summer time.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
If Belanger is only out a week, I figure they just ride it out with VV until he's back. If we could pick up a guy like Steckel or Reasoner for a 5th-7th round pick, I could get behind that too. Though, I've been calling VV our version of Steckel for a while, so maybe I should stick with my guy and say give VV a shot

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
man, it only took 9 games in for the injuries to start piling up...big surprise...that's the Oilers for you.

It's pretty common around the league. Just look at the Canucks or the Avs.

In fact the only team off the top of my head that isn't missing any key guys is Calgary. Unless you count Baertschi.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
No, not at all.

He does have 2 goals in 38 games for OKC this year.

Im sure he will be fine.:sarcasm:

not really expecting much offense from Belanger anyways.. VV will be a decent stop gap IMO if he can win some faceoffs with a hit or 2 per game.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Calgary is crap on a stick this year. Doesn't matter if they get injuries or not the way they are playing... they'll have another elite Jankowski-level prospect with their lottery pick for certain... lucky ********.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
They played a tired Chicago team the other night but man, their attack was relentless. No, I think that they've got another 9th place run in them. Unfortunately with the changes to the draft lottery (thanks Tambo) they'll still have a shot at a high pick.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
They played a tired Chicago team the other night but man, their attack was relentless. No, I think that they've got another 9th place run in them. Unfortunately with the changes to the draft lottery (thanks Tambo) they'll still have a shot at a high pick.

I think Calgary's luck in that game should show they have no chance at a #1 pick no matter where they finish. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->