Pre-Game Talk: First Round Preview? Leafs @ Boston HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Dermott def looks like the real deal. Holl, I expect to get sent down again when we are healthy, but Dermott has absolutely made it impossible to have him sit out.

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Borgman
Polak

This is my healthy D squad as of now

I believe somebody will need to go down once Rielly and Hainsey return. That might be Borgman.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I believe somebody will need to go down once Rielly and Hainsey return. That might be Borgman.

Which would suck because I actually like Borgman and the physicality/grit that he brings. But Dermott is just too good right now.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

i don't believe Hainsey went on IR so someone has to go down only when either Polak or Rielly return.

I would imagine Holl goes first and Borgman goes second.

It's also possible that they find Polak's viral infection keeps him out for a while (wink wink) and only Holl goes back

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lol we've been feasting to the Brooins for a while now. Hopefully it continues. Cant wait to see our players skate circles around that big ogre trash they still call a Defenseman in Chara

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I'm with ya, just a prediction is all. I think Carrick and Borg are scratched and Polak and Hainsey come back in. Rielly misses the game.

If what's happened recently isn't enough for Babcock to change his thinking I'm going to be lost for words

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm with ya, just a prediction is all. I think Carrick and Borg are scratched and Polak and Hainsey come back in. Rielly misses the game.
If Hainsey is able to play and Rielly can not, I see Borgman as the healthy scratch. Based on the previous 2 games how can Babcock not keep playing Holl? Plus you don't change a lineup that has back to back shutouts unless it's a necessary and for the better.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I think Babcock is going to ice the best line up. He will want to keep the momentum going. On top of that I think he wants to have a look at how we stack up against a hot Boston team who we are likely to face in the playoffs. This is a unique opportunity for both teams to battle each other while both teams are playing extremely good hockey.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’d like to see Johnsson too. If even for a cup of coffee. The only way I think that happens is if there’s an injury though.
yeah probably. this is only speculation, but I don't think Babcock is very happy with Moore tbh. So maybe we'll see something if Komarov shows he can take over as 4C

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
yeah probably. this is only speculation, but I don't think Babcock is very happy with Moore tbh. So maybe we'll see something if Komarov shows he can take over as 4C
Komarov moving to C would allow us to see more Kapanen (although I think we see more of him regardless), Leivo, Johnsson, and even Martin if Babcock wanted that. It also makes Komarov more valuable to us as he’s a fringe NHL-er at this moment tbh. I would argue Komarov at 4C is better than Gauthier.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hopefully tomorrow night there won't be any goalie interference review calls for either team. However let's say a Leafs goal is scored and it happens to look similar to the one Boston got last night where two of their players pushed Jake Allen across the crease and away from the net, would that still be called a good goal? If the Bruins players can do that why shouldn't any Leafs players do that against Rask. :sarcasm:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Komarov moving to C would allow us to see more Kapanen (although I think we see more of him regardless), Leivo, Johnsson, and even Martin if Babcock wanted that. It also makes Komarov more valuable to us as he’s a fringe NHL-er at this moment tbh. I would argue Komarov at 4C is better than Gauthier.
I would have to agree. Gauthier was brutal in his stint. Only Soshnikov was a worse NHLer for us this year. I like the idea of using our 4 LW to swap Johnsson and Martin and Leivo, and having Komarov/Kappy to round out the line

Reactions: deepz

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Komarov’s just hitting the age wall in my opinion. Some players adjust (like Marleau) and some don’t. Oh well. I like the guy and can see him as a coach at some point.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Komarov’s just hitting the age wall in my opinion. Some players adjust (like Marleau) and some don’t. Oh well. I like the guy and can see him as a coach at some point.
yeah it's a shame he fell off the way he did, although he can still kill penalties. He really was a fan favorite and you can tell the team likes him. I just can't justify having him in the top 9

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

I doubt this means anything but could we maybe see ...

Gardiner/Zaitsev
Dermott/Holl
Borgman/Lilejgren

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

yuppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad