Pre-Game Talk: First Round Preview? Leafs @ Boston HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
A win against Boston will guarantee Toronto the regular season series victory against them for the 2nd straight year and 7 straight vs them. So if they do meet in the 1st round lets hope it plants a huge seed of doubt in their minds.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
A win against Boston will guarantee Toronto the regular season series victory against them for the 2nd straight year and 7 straight vs them. So if they do meet in the 1st round lets hope it plants a huge seed of doubt in their minds.
Ehh... The majority of that Boston team has won the Cup before. If their regular seasons against us are enough to plant a huge seed of doubt, then they're way less mentally tough than I'd previously given them credit for.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This is going to be a tough physical game

Two really good teams on a roll currently that in all likelihood are going to see each other come playoff time with a reasonable amount of dislike of each other

It's set up for a great playoff type game

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
5 game home stand after this game, so lets keep it rolling and clos the gap a little more, who knows maybe we can even chase down Tampa, they aren't THAT far ahead, like I said 5 game home stand after Boston.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Ehh... The majority of that Boston team has won the Cup before. If their regular seasons against us are enough to plant a huge seed of doubt, then they're way less mentally tough than I'd previously given them credit for.
1 Stanley Cup win almost 7 years ago is nothing to brag about anymore no matter which players from that time are still on their team today.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
1 Stanley Cup win almost 7 years ago is nothing to brag about anymore no matter which players from that time are still on their team today.
It's not about bragging. It just means that the majority of those guys have experienced first-hand the fortitude and work required to win a Championship. I would assume that most people with that kind of experience don't get as flustered in the future when they're going through the kinds of ups and downs they know are part of the ride.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It's not about bragging. It just means that the majority of those guys have experienced first-hand the fortitude and work required to win a Championship. I would assume that most people with that kind of experience don't get as flustered in the future when they're going through the kinds of ups and downs they know are part of the ride.
I'm sure the media in Toronto will bring this up but assuming Toronto plays Boston in the playoffs no matter if it's in the 1st round or 2nd round, is them blowing that 4-1 lead in Game 7 in 2013 still matter in terms of experience? The only players left on the Leafs roster from that team is Bozak, JVR, Gardiner, Kadri and Komarov. However the team is much different since than and that includes a whole new management/coaching staff.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm sure the media in Toronto will bring this up but assuming Toronto plays Boston in the playoffs no matter if it's in the 1st round or 2nd round, is them blowing that 4-1 lead in Game 7 in 2013 still matter in terms of experience? The only players left on the Leafs roster from that team is Bozak, JVR, Gardiner, Kadri and Komarov. However the team is much different since than and that includes a whole new management/coaching staff.
I doubt it, at least on a full-team scale. We've been to the Playoffs since, I'd think they're more focused on improving on last year's results than 2013.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Gonna be a tough game, Rask is playing out of his mind. Their whole team is really.

We can do it though :thumbu:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This is definitely one that would be nice to win. Not that the Leafs haven't played well against Boston this year, but continuing the streak and narrowing the gap between us would be good. Plus they are just playing well right now so keeping that going is a positive.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Moore is a center why would it be at his expense when Martin plays wing?

Martin-Komarov-Kapanen

I dont know why this hasnt happened yet. Our 4th line has been good but mainly because of Kapanen and Komarov. Moore has been meh. Martin can come in and provide the same thing but with more juice.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I want Martin to come back in for Moore, but I want Polak to stay out. Our defense is good right now. No need for polak. Assuming Rielly is still out,

Hyman-Mathews-Nylander
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown
Martin-Komarov-Kapanen

Gardiner-Hainsey
Dermott-Zaitsev
Borgman-Carrick/Holl

I hope thats the lineup for Saturday

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
No sense in showing the Bruins all our cards. I say Babs plays his cards close to the vest.

Lol what? You always go in expecting to win the game. There's no cards you can possibly hold back

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Dermott def looks like the real deal. Holl, I expect to get sent down again when we are healthy, but Dermott has absolutely made it impossible to have him sit out.

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Carrick
Borgman
Polak

This is my healthy D squad as of now

Reactions: BTP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad