Pre-Game Talk: First Round Preview? Leafs @ Boston HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Goalie duel ahead. Would love Andersen to go into Boston and stone them. Big game for sure. Same lines, Kap still in? Might be getting Rielly and Hainsey back? See how Dermott plays against even better competition but back to third pairing? Lots of Q's to be answered.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
This should be a good game, we are only 3 points behind them in the division but they have 4 games in hand and when we play them if we win we gain points on them but if we lose, we will be even further behind, so this is a must win game, if we want home advantage.

hqdefault.jpg

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Love the way they've been playing with the lineup changes. Should be a great game
Boston will have a hard time with our speed

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Let's crush the Bruins. Is marchand still suspended? I would rather face the Bruins at there best and beat them so there fans can not say they were missing a key player. I predict leafs win 6-2 with the big 3 all having 2 point nights.

Reactions: Dzonna

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Let's crush the Bruins. Is marchand still suspended? I would rather face the Bruins at there best and beat them jso there fans can not say they were missing a key player. I predict leafs win 6-2 with the big 3 all having 2 point nights.

He is still out I believe

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
oh man am i excited for this one. If Rielly and Hainsey are ready to go, i really hope they leave the third pairing as Dermott and Holl. Carrick is okay but hes to small. and we all know about Polak. Rotate Borgman and Holl

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
This is the very likely preview to a 1st round playoff matchup with both teams at the top of their games.

This should be a great game to watch and see how these two teams compare.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Beat up and Bruise Bergeron

Chip at Rask.

Bruins are easy to beat.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
let's light these guys up
Honestly the Bruins are a better team than I expected this year, but I still think we're better. The way they retooled on the fly was very impressive though

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I think this about the Bruins:
Bruins played 14 games in December and lost 2 times in regulation - to Nashville and Washington.
They got points in 12/14 games in December and won 10/14 games in December.
Bruins played 11 games in January. They lost 1 game in regulation time - to Anaheim.
They got points in 10/11 games in January and won 8/11 games in January; losing in O/T to Pitt and Dallas.
It's just wishful thinking that Boston is not a good team or that they are due for a slump or whatever.
THEY ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM. ALL THE NUMBERS CONFIRM it pretty much.
I don't know how they did it, but, they are for real. I don't see them falling apart at all.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Big game for the Leafs. Team confidence is sky high, but the Bruins are a very good team. I'll buy into the hype of this little run if we can put a whooping to them.

Really hoping Babs keeps the 4th line as Komarov-Moore-Kapanen. That line is great.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Big game for the Leafs. Team confidence is sky high, but the Bruins are a very good team. I'll buy into the hype of this little run if we can put a whooping to them.

Really hoping Babs keeps the 4th line as Komarov-Moore-Kapanen. That line is great.
at the risk of sounding greedy, I'd love to see Komarov move to center and bring up Johnsson. he's better than Moore in pretty much every way

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Let's crush the Bruins. Is marchand still suspended? I would rather face the Bruins at there best and beat them so there fans can not say they were missing a key player. I predict leafs win 6-2 with the big 3 all having 2 point nights.

I get where you're coming from but I only care about winning this one, hopefully in regulation and Marchand being out helps so I'm happy. And if Bruin fans lose and claim they would have won with Marchand, you can tell them it's his own fault he's a d-bag and if they can't count on him to show up for games because of it, then they should tell him to stop being a d-bag. I'm sure that'll shut them up, give it a try. ;) Me I'll worry about what their fans say another time, if ever. We play them again in a few weeks, if Marchand stops being a d-bag he'll be in their lineup for that one.

I think this about the Bruins:
Bruins played 14 games in December and lost 2 times in regulation - to Nashville and Washington.
They got points in 12/14 games in December and won 10/14 games in December.
Bruins played 11 games in January. They lost 1 game in regulation time - to Anaheim.
They got points in 10/11 games in January and won 8/11 games in January; losing in O/T to Pitt and Dallas.
It's just wishful thinking that Boston is not a good team or that they are due for a slump or whatever.
THEY ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM. ALL THE NUMBERS CONFIRM it pretty much.
I don't know how they did it, but, they are for real. I don't see them falling apart at all.

Yeah there's been a ton of BS about Boston posted here over the last little while and it's all BS. They have a good team, no doubt about it. Should be a good fight tomorrow night, I can't wait.

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
oh man am i excited for this one. If Rielly and Hainsey are ready to go, i really hope they leave the third pairing as Dermott and Holl. Carrick is okay but hes to small. and we all know about Polak. Rotate Borgman and Holl

I’m pretty sure if Hainsey is back, Holl would have to go down as he was an emergency call-up.

EDIT: I thought Holl needed to clear waivers if he was called up in a non-emergency situation but he is exempt. This means he may see more time with the big club. Good to have that option.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I’m pretty sure if Hainsey is back, Holl would have to go down as he was an emergency call-up.

EDIT: I thought Holl needed to clear waivers if he was called up in a non-emergency situation but he is exempt. This means he may see more time with the big club. Good to have that option.
he's exempt even if he wasn't an emergency callup

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I get where you're coming from but I only care about winning this one, hopefully in regulation and Marchand being out helps so I'm happy. And if Bruin fans lose and claim they would have won with Marchand, you can tell them it's his own fault he's a d-bag and if they can't count on him to show up for games because of it, then they should tell him to stop being a d-bag. I'm sure that'll shut them up, give it a try. ;) Me I'll worry about what their fans say another time, if ever. We play them again in a few weeks, if Marchand stops being a d-bag he'll be in their lineup for that one.

Yeah there's been a ton of BS about Boston posted here over the last little while and it's all BS. They have a good team, no doubt about it. Should be a good fight tomorrow night, I can't wait.
True I usually don't care about other fans when it comes to discussion on the leafs but for some reason Bruins and there fanvase get to me lol. And pretty good point that Marchand is out due to his own reckless play. He isn' injured so the Bruins can' use that excuse. Feel like this game could be a bit chippy. Hope Bergeron has a bad game if he plays even semi decent the commenters are going to be going all night about how he great he is.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
at the risk of sounding greedy, I'd love to see Komarov move to center and bring up Johnsson. he's better than Moore in pretty much every way
Maybe let's give Leivo a chance before calling up Johnsson.. although wouldn't mind Komarov as 13F and we use the former Marlies 1st line of Johnsson/Aaltonen/Kapanen that was dominant as the 4th, they already have the chemistry

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The way the league is trending, Johnsson-Aaltonen-Kapanen would be the best 4th line we could make right now. Rest up Komarov every few games for the playoffs where he's the most valuable.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The way the league is trending, Johnsson-Aaltonen-Kapanen would be the best 4th line we could make right now. Rest up Komarov every few games for the playoffs where he's the most valuable.
i'd definitely be interested in that, but there's no way Komarov comes out of the lineup unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->