First Round Playoff Talk Thread: Islanders vs Penguins

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I say bring the Caps on in the first round. If NYI keep failing to find their game, it won't matter who they play. On the other hand, Caps are imo the most likely opponent to **** the bed.

islesnyc

Jul 5, 2012
Equal opportunity and all. I like to spread the love and/or embarrassment.

Oh, I don’t hate myself, on the contrary. What I hate is how the Isles turned from a promising team into an embarrassment, in the same season.
Embarrassment? Are you a new fan or something? This is a team that had a near 3 decade run of embarrassment. This isn’t that.

Geez, when was the last time the Isles looked like the model team in metro NY and it was the Rags and Devs that were the circus.

Woe is me, we’re going miss out on first place in the division by 5 or 6 points. What an embarrassment!!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Embarrassment? Are you a new fan or something? This is a team that had a near 3 decade run of embarrassment. This isn’t that.

Geez, when was the last time the Isles looked like the model team in metro NY and it was the Rags and Devs that were the circus.

Woe is me, we’re going miss out on first place in the division by 5 or 6 points. What an embarrassment!!
Scott99 could win an Oscar for his dying swan performances.

Sorokin30

Dec 10, 2008
I honestly think the boys (Islanders) are bored. I know they would like to start the playoffs at home but these past few games it just looks like they are playing to not get hurt. I do have trust in Barry that he will have them ready to go for the playoffs. Plus I think there will be a bit of a delay to the start of the playoffs with some good practice time for them.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I honestly think the boys (Islanders) are bored. I know they would like to start the playoffs at home but these past few games it just looks like they are playing to not get hurt. I do have trust in Barry that he will have them ready to go for the playoffs. Plus I think there will be a bit of a delay to the start of the playoffs with some good practice time for them.
I kind of agree. I think they checked out on the rest of the season once they lost the first game in Buffalo when it became clear they weren't going to get home ice anymore.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I'm kind of glad that Boston game got thrown on the end of the schedule. I don't give a hoot what happens this next Devils game but I will be looking at that Bruins game as the start of their playoff intensity.

They don't have to win that gave, but they should be exerting a playoff like performance as something to build off of and not to just turn the switch on for Game 1.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I've been saying they're "resting" for a while now. I'll save my worrying for when it counts.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
I have to say I am not worried. If this team has proven anything under Trotz the last two season is that they are a tough playoff opponent. Since they are not a high flying, free wheeling offense they are never going to be an impressive regular season team. I for one cannot wait for the playoffs to begin and I am expecting and hoping for a deep run.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm kind of glad that Boston game got thrown on the end of the schedule. I don't give a hoot what happens this next Devils game but I will be looking at that Bruins game as the start of their playoff intensity.

They don't have to win that gave, but they should be exerting a playoff like performance as something to build off of and not to just turn the switch on for Game 1.

Boston might not have to win that game either or it may not change their positioning so they might mail it in. That could be like a 2-0 NYI win as they'll probably have more desire to show something than Boston.

Overall my biggest issue with the playoff format now which the league moved to back in 2015 is precisely what is going on here with NYI and some other teams. When you are only up against 3 other teams for positioning as opposed to 5 or even 7 if the divisional 1-2-3 slots are up for grabs you are more likely to be in a stagnant position. Minnesota is sort of in this same position as is Colorado and St Louis. As a result its easy to just not try or care....in a 1-8 format its highly rare you are locked into a given position a week out

bossy22

Mar 14, 2004
Calgary
Varly gonna shoulder the load in net?

Your thoughts on Ilya being Trotz’s horse for round one?

My 2 cents: Varly’s spot to lose.

Reactions: nyisleslover

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
With the Rangers out, I'm rooting hard for the Islanders, I am always loyal to my NY teams. Go kick some ass and enjoy this.

Thank you, very nice of you. You'd be hard pressed to find the favor returned here however. Unless we were playing Toronto. That would make an interesting poll -If the Rangers and Toronto faced each other in the playoffs who would you choose.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Thank you, very nice of you. You'd be hard pressed to find the favor returned here however. Unless we were playing Toronto. That would make an interesting poll -If the Rangers and Toronto faced each other in the playoffs who would you choose.
I still dont like the Rags, dont get me wrong, but I might actually root for them now in a playoff series over Washington and Toronto. But by next year that could change.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
With the Rangers out, I'm rooting hard for the Islanders, I am always loyal to my NY teams. Go kick some ass and enjoy this.
SpottedEducatedArmyworm-small.gif

Reactions: Quickdraw2828

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad