First Round Playoff Discussion: CBJ vs WSH.

CBJ or WSH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The music selection in the arena is among the worst in all of sports. They really need to get a new guy in there who puts the playlist together.
I really despise their penchant for always playing the worst cover version of a song. Some of them are terrible songs to begin with which then makes the cover version even worse. Nobody wants to hear Ozzy sing Mississippi Queen. Just play then original Mountain version.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I see real Torts showed up for the post game after game 4. If you lose game 5 expect more of the same. If they ever built an A.hole all of fame, Torts is a first ballot lock. Won't break down a loss because he can't. Nobody has ever ridden the coat tails of their assistants like this guy. They do the work and he stands in the back yelling like he's mushing on a dog sled. I want Columbus to win but I can't stand that guy.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I see real Torts showed up for the post game after game 4. If you lose game 5 expect more of the same. If they ever built an A.hole all of fame, Torts is a first ballot lock. Won't break down a loss because he can't. Nobody has ever ridden the coat tails of their assistants like this guy. They do the work and he stands in the back yelling like he's mushing on a dog sled. I want Columbus to win but I can't stand that guy.

Thanks for your opinion?

Reactions: Jackets Fan

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Nobody has ever ridden the coat tails of their assistants like this guy. They do the work and he stands in the back yelling like he's mushing on a dog sled.

I would say Tortorella's mental tricks are what he does best. There is nothing wrong in delegating larger parts of the play to his coaching team for that is what they are there if it wasn't only to solidify friendship as in example what happened with the choices behind Cleveland Monsters. In Cleveland lie also the greatest questions of this franchise's future.

I would say this department falls more on Jarmo Kekäläinen, who is a Northern American, spreading innovations of the cloister with his culture of work rather than the first Eurasian (Mongolian heritage) GM he was falsely branded as. Kekäläinen does not represent either Greek or Roman freedom. While working in Finland earlier this decade and especially through media Kekäläinen closed his mind to the revolution which has recently brought Finland gold in both U-20 WJC and the proper World Championships, refusing to install the new view of the play into the Blue Jackets.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
I would say this department falls more on Jarmo Kekäläinen, who is a Northern American, spreading innovations of the cloister with his culture of work rather than the first Eurasian (Mongolian heritage) GM he was falsely branded as. Kekäläinen does not represent either Greek or Roman freedom.

So Jarmo's heritage is a fraud because he doesn't think hockey the same way as you do? If that is what you're saying, then IMO that's a disturbing take.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Back to the topic at hand; I hope the Jackets can surprise in a positive way today kind of like Philly pulled one out last night after they appeared to be left for dead after two home losses.

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
So Jarmo's heritage is a fraud because he doesn't think hockey the same way as you do?

He isn't "the first European" as in someone who would bring new thinking over these huge distances and long travels but your average Joe who believes in work. In Finland we say that it is the crazy who work a lot, the wise manage to do less. You have bought an old network of personal relations going through the line of Kekäläinen-St. Louis-Acme-Finland instead of this unique in the world phenomenon of newfound wisdom which began as a minor movement in Finnish icehockey discourse when Kekäläinen was still in St. Louis.

I do not find down right rejection of new or alternative viewpoints in media as admirable quality in general manager or coach as happened with the first general manager of Jokerit, Jarmo Kekäläinen, this decade. Sm-liiga and world champion head coach and head coach of the KHL's Jokerit, Jukka Jalonen, in example this season took part in Hämeen Sanomat's Kiekko-Kiuas, the Hockey Sauna Stove where the Pondering One analyzes the play when he isn't doing analyst work at MTV3. By showing up Jalonen had no trouble identifying this partisan movement's, threatened by commercial media, SM-liiga oligarchs (retailers and car dealers) and the old guard of personal friendships, importance for everyone's understanding of the game as we only began to discover the real truths.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
He isn't "the first European" as in someone who would bring new thinking over these huge distances and long travels but your average Joe who believes in work. In Finland we say that it is the crazy who work a lot, the wise manage to do less. You have bought an old network of personal relations going through the line of Kekäläinen-St. Louis-Acme-Finland instead of this unique in the world phenomenon of newfound wisdom which began as a minor movement in Finnish icehockey discourse when Kekäläinen was still in St. Louis.

I do not find down right rejection of new or alternative viewpoints in media as admirable quality in general manager or coach as happened with the first general manager of Jokerit, Jarmo Kekäläinen, this decade. Sm-liiga and world champion head coach and head coach of the KHL's Jokerit, Jukka Jalonen, in example this season took part in Hämeen Sanomat's Kiekko-Kiuas, the Hockey Sauna Stove where the Pondering One analyzes the play when he isn't doing analyst work at MTV3. By showing up Jalonen had no trouble identifying this partisan movement's, threatened by commercial media, SM-liiga oligarchs (retailers and car dealers) and the old guard of personal friendships, importance for everyone's understanding of the game as we only began to discover the real truths.

It does seem a bit ridiculous that a Finn wouldn’t want to carte blanche import this groundbreaking new truth in ice hockey, given the dominance of Finland in recent international competitions. Clearly the rest of the world will spend years — decades perhaps — catching up.

Jarmo should start with a good sauna and go from there.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Oh yeah also from the same article:

Told defenseman Ryan Murray was suffering from tightness in his back after the game and may not be available for Monday's Game 6. If he's not able to play, look for veteran Jack Johnson to make his 2018 playoffs debut.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Slow day here on the board...guess a lot of folks are still downtrodden after yesterday.

I'm ok with where the jacket stand. Not sure I'm ok with how they got here. After a 2-0 start it should be 3-1.

There are some positives to be taken so far:

The play of PLD at 19 years old has been pretty damn good imo
4 of the 5 games have been competitive with 3 of the 4 being decided by luck rather than skill, Bread's gwg being the skill exception.
The other young guys - Jones, Zach, Murray, Nutivara have been good, do not seem in awe of the stage
Calvert has been a ball of fire making his upcoming UFA a more debatable issue.
Bob has played pretty well and has erased any of the 'Playoff Bob" concerns.

Of course there are many negatives:

Power play regression after the first two games
Stupid penalties galore
Lack of a physical response to guys like Wilson, Eller and Orpik. Not saying fighting but Jackets need more harder hits
Shift changes
Torts having no faith in a third of his F's with others joining the group from time to time
The roster having guys Torts doesn't trust
Dubi & Foligno
Jenner's lack of passing and finishing skills
Giving up too many scoring chances

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Slow day here on the board...guess a lot of folks are still downtrodden after yesterday.

I'm ok with where the jacket stand. Not sure I'm ok with how they got here. After a 2-0 start it should be 3-1.

There are some positives to be taken so far:

The play of PLD at 19 years old has been pretty damn good imo
4 of the 5 games have been competitive with 3 of the 4 being decided by luck rather than skill, Bread's gwg being the skill exception.
The other young guys - Jones, Zach, Murray, Nutivara have been good, do not seem in awe of the stage
Calvert has been a ball of fire making his upcoming UFA a more debatable issue.
Bob has played pretty well and has erased any of the 'Playoff Bob" concerns.

Of course there are many negatives:

Power play regression after the first two games
Stupid penalties galore
Lack of a physical response to guys like Wilson, Eller and Orpik. Not saying fighting but Jackets need more harder hits
Shift changes
Torts having no faith in a third of his F's with others joining the group from time to time
The roster having guys Torts doesn't trust
Dubi & Foligno
Jenner's lack of passing and finishing skills
Giving up too many scoring chances
Good summary. I agree with the Torts “who do you trust” issue; the irony is his unwavering trust of Foligno who has been nothing short of horrible. And as to Boone I only wish his skill was half as big as his heart.

Reactions: We Want Ten

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I thought Murray looked terrible yesterday. I hope Jack is in good form. It's been a while since he had played.
Bringing Johnson in, in game 6 is going to be tough for him. It will take a minute for him to get up to speed. Speed is used loosely there.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I fully expect us to win Game 6. If/when Game 7 happens, let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure if anyone is going to stop Pittsburgh this year. It damn sure isn't going to be Washington.

Last edited:

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I fully expect us to win Game 6. If/when Game 7 happens, let the chips fall where they may. I'm not sure if anyone is going to stop Pittsburgh this year. It damn sure isn't going to be Washington.

I agree. I would like to see the team win for the fans in Nationwide. Get to a game 7 and see what happens. What I don't want to see is the Jackets lay another egg to quote Torts.

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016

Agreed. I'm sticking to my original prediction of CBJ in 7. However, I will admit that I am slightly biased because I am, again, driving down from Michigan for Game 6. Been an absolute loyal fan for 2 decades and would love to witness a home playoff victory (followed closely by winning our first playoff series)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad