First Round Playoff Discussion: CBJ vs WSH.

CBJ or WSH?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
**** the Caps. Tired of them vs Pens. They’ve choked enough. We all know what will happen in that series. Give us another chance. 3rd time will be the charm me thinks.
At least this team is unpredictable so let’s see CBJ vs ****sburgh 3.0
We deserve our first series win. God dammit we’ve suffered enough. I reallllllllyyy don’t wanna hear about us being the only team without a series win for the whole next ****ing year goddammit

And oh, **** the Caps. Team full of chokers and smartasses.
And **** Ovechkin and his showboating ass. Cannot stand him anymore. And I was a fan of his. Bring him back down to earth and send his ass back to Russia for the summer where he belongs

For the love of god, please cream those punks tomorrow night.
How does 10-0 sounds? Sounds pretty good to me...

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I agree. I would like to see the team win for the fans in Nationwide. Get to a game 7 and see what happens. What I don't want to see is the Jackets lay another egg to quote Torts.

Tonight feels like Game 4 last year ... nearly all hope was lost, but they came out and got the job done for the home crowd.

Hope for the same tonight, we (the fans who've forked over close to $300 for 3 games now) certainly deserve it ;)

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
**** the Caps. Tired of them vs Pens. They’ve choked enough. We all know what will happen in that series. Give us another chance. 3rd time will be the charm me thinks.
At least this team is unpredictable so let’s see CBJ vs ****sburgh 3.0
We deserve our first series win. God dammit we’ve suffered enough. I reallllllllyyy don’t wanna hear about us being the only team without a series win for the whole next ****ing year goddammit

And oh, **** the Caps. Team full of chokers and smartasses.
And **** Ovechkin and his showboating ass. Cannot stand him anymore. And I was a fan of his. Bring him back down to earth and send his ass back to Russia for the summer where he belongs

For the love of god, please cream those punks tomorrow night.
How does 10-0 sounds? Sounds pretty good to me...

Give decaf a chance

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Tonight feels like Game 4 last year ... nearly all hope was lost, but they came out and got the job done for the home crowd.

Hope for the same tonight, we (the fans who've forked over close to $300 for 3 games now) certainly deserve it ;)

I feel for fans paying money, I have been one of them for years when we had season tickets. Now we just drove and fly all over NA, stay in hotels, rent cars, etc. Pretty much the same cost but we only get to see 2-3 games instead of 41.
Anyway I am pulling for the Jackets to win tonight for the fans. We have been through so much.

excaliber

Mar 30, 2018
If the Bluejackets can somehow win this game tonight they should be in good shape. Washington will be tighter than a ducks butt in game 7 and will have those choking thoughts in their heads. I think Columbus could take the next two. The top line needs to find some room and score some goals.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Dubinsky has one point (a SH goal) in his last 29 games. Ironically, it was in the last game of the season when the CBJ were trying to lose:laugh:

Torts really is a stubborn SOB

Dubinsky has performed well on the dot. He's doing fine in the role he's given now, and that's a 4th line center.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Ian Cole has 3 points in this series. Nutivaara, Murray, Savard, Dubinsky, Letestu combined for 1. I say he's fine.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
The recent playoff summary by The Athletics Alison Lukan is something I recommend to all. If you thought the Caps had the better scoring chances, you'll see it confirmed on her charting. And that's for 5 on 5. We know the PP story - and it's not a good one. But when you read the article, some of the differences are even more glaring that seen by the eyes.

Overall the article provides a good insight into Holtby vs. Bob and effective offense vs just shooting pucks.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Pittsburgh didn't get rid of Cole because they thought he was a key piece to their defense. They are in the ultimate "win now" mode and they didn't shed a part which they felt was vital to winning another Cup.

He's just another second or third pairing defenseman. No more no less.

The CBJ gave up so many odd man rushes last night that no one player can be faulted. The overall scheme of allowing dmen to aggressively pinch almost anytime they want bit them in the bottom last night. Allowing Z to be a "rover" while he's supposedly injured, was, well, idiotic.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Blue Jackets failed by lack of killer instinct against Capitals
The Blue Jackets scored on four of their first seven power plays, but once goaltender Braden Holtby replaced Philipp Grubauer for Washington to start the third period of Game 2, they went 0-for-17 the rest of the series and Holtby stopped all 19 shots by Columbus with the man-advantage.
"At the beginning of the series our power play was going," forward Nick Foligno said. "We scored at will and for whatever reason it dried. We've got to figure that out. That's something that wins you hockey games when you're not at your best."

19 shots on goal in their last 17 PPs. Pretty weak number, isn't it?

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What's your problem with him. that defense on DSP goal? Cole and Savard had the best shot differentials of all D during this series.

Dude was weak on and with the puck, poor at "up and out" and often looked indecisive about who and where to play. It was just so odd to see, given his impact on the blueline after his arrival. I'm almost inclined to believe those who are suggesting it was the blueline's impact on him.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Dude was weak on and with the puck, poor at "up and out" and often looked indecisive about who and where to play. It was just so odd to see, given his impact on the blueline after his arrival. I'm almost inclined to believe those who are suggesting it was the blueline's impact on him.
Check our defence here in full glory.
NHL.com - Stats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad