WWE: First ever Hell in a cell match for the women. What should we expect?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I really enjoyed this match, but it shouldn't have been the main event. Had WWE swapped this match and the Owens/Rollins match, I think it would have gone over better.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
The match would have had a better ending if Sasha had won the match, main eventing in her hometown

Though I will say
Sasha really needs a finisher
Even if someone finishes most of their matches with a submission, they should still atleast have a finisher they can use
And I have no idea if Sasha has one
Charlotte atleast has the natural selection

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She had one but hasn't used it in a while. She beat Dana with the double knees in the turnbuckle but that didn't look good and since it was Dana it wasn't a good match either.

Should've won this match with the frog splash imo

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
She had one but hasn't used it in a while. She beat Dana with the double knees in the turnbuckle but that didn't look good and since it was Dana it wasn't a good match either.

Frog splash through the table!

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
My question is why would anyone expect blood in this WWE? You're just setting your own self up for disappointment by doing that.

Member Lesnar? Member Lesnar busting open Randy Orton with some elbows and making him look like a complete jobber? I member...

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
Member Lesnar? Member Lesnar busting open Randy Orton with some elbows and making him look like a complete jobber? I member...

Yea, juicing him the hard way. Member? Member the last time they intentionally bladed? Member?

Rarely do you see blading in a WWE ring. And rarely is it anyone besides a stupidly established star or someone so far up in the WWE company that there are any consequences for doing so.

Expecting Charlotte or Sasha to blade is just handing yourself disappointment on a platter. Expecting blading in a WWE match in general is doing the same.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He completely overrated Rusev/Reigns.

I still haven't seen that match, but I think this match would've been higher if it wasn't the main event.

I think he does overrate Reigns matches though, I feel you have to grade some of those matches down given they're booking someone who gets a visceral reaction as a top face.

He also gave Sasha/Charlotte at Summerslam 2 3/4, and i thought this was an appreciably better match, but the things like bad booking, bad finish, and it being (as a result) a main event that didn't deliver the way it should/could have, I can see why it got that rating.

It feels like it was bad but I think you do consider what a women's hell in a cell match would've done in the past though. Nothing wrong with taking the chance, I think the parts that stink about it had little to do with the performers.

Last edited:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Flair just sounds petulant there, maybe because he doesn't think Sasha should be more popular than his daughter. Tool.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
We know about the moonsault. Another big spot wouldn't have made the match much better, really.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne

She used a double-arm trap neckbreaker slam thing (like a Regal Cutter, but more slam-y) in the past, but that hasn't been put over as a finisher since forever. She still does it, but just as a normal move.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
She really does need to get another finisher, but I'm guessing that it won't be until she turns heel

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
People just had extremely unrealistic expectations for the match. It's as simple as that.

No they didn't. They just bombed on the ending.

Just sasha winning alone would have made the match that much better just from a logical standpoint.

Charolette casually falling on her table and sasha's table at the end not breaking did not help things.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
No they didn't. They just bombed on the ending.

Just sasha winning alone would have made the match that much better just from a logical standpoint.

Charolette casually falling on her table and sasha's table at the end not breaking did not help things.

I meant in terms of spots and bumps.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We know about the moonsault. Another big spot wouldn't have made the match much better, really.

I personally don't think a spot will ever make a HIAC match good. I think the Foley/Taker moment was a once in a lifetime moment that should never be replicated ever again. That was a special moment and quite honestly, a stupid moment. Luckily Foley is still alive and we had a great historical moment.

What makes a HIAC match great is the storytelling and quite honestly - blood, fake or real. Sadly there just has to be storytelling, like HBK running and getting dominated by Taker, with some brutality.

tl;dr; i agree a spot won't save a match. Taker/Shane was ****ing stupid, IMO.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
^Exactly. The greatest HIAC match ever was Taker/Lesnar in 2002 and there wasn't a single big spot in it. It was all sheer brutality told through beautiful storytelling.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
^Exactly. The greatest HIAC match ever was Taker/Lesnar in 2002 and there wasn't a single big spot in it. It was all sheer brutality told through beautiful storytelling.

Nothing will ever touch taker/mankind. Ever.

The guy legitimately fell off the cell, fell through the cell, went through thumbtacks and whatever other **** with no cushions no nothing.

now THAT is brutal.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF

wouldnt have it top 3 personally

1. Undertaker v Mankind
2. HHH v Cactus Jack
3. Undertaker v Micheals
4. Undertaker v HHH
5/6 - Taker v Edge and Taker v Brock

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Ric Flair: "They took two huge spots out of the match, during the match, because they were afraid Sasha [Banks] was going to get hurt. If the original plan had been, there were two things and I don't want to say what they were, but you can only imagine. One of them involved a moonsault."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...-why-changes-were-made-to-charlotte-vs-sasha/

Well 2 spots makes a huge difference. Mankind vs Undertaker was basically just 2 big spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad