GDT: First ever GDT. ‘Sad Notes vs. mangy mutts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There’s a reason I didn’t buy tickets to this game. I knew it wouldn’t be worth it. Very thankful right now for that.

Losing 2/3 to the Wings and Yotes lol. This team is so terrible.

Please just start selling and firing the entire staff.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Binnington is the only one I would call up. He has nothing left to prove in the AHL. The other guys could all benefit from learning the game in San Antonio. No need to derail their development by rushing them into a burning building

Mikkola is leading the team in plus/minus and played well in pre-season. Kyrou has played well of late. Why not give them the opportunity?

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018
Binnington is the only one I would call up. He has nothing left to prove in the AHL. The other guys could all benefit from learning the game in San Antonio. No need to derail their development by rushing them into a burning building

Agree. If we sell anyone as a rental prior to the trade deadline, then we'll reward those that look ready from AHL as call ups late in the season.

Wash rinse repeat

Reactions: Bendak

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Mikkola is leading the team in plus/minus and played well in pre-season. Kyrou has played well of late. Why not give them the opportunity?
It’s less about opportunity and more about their development. Mikkola needs to evolve his offensive game. That’s easier to do in the AHL with big minutes.

Kyrou needs to learn how to pick his spots offensively and learn to play better away from the puck. That’s also easier with minutes. Both will also benefit from figuring these things out at the slower place the AHL brings.

Then there is the state of the NHL squad. It doesn’t seem the greatest learning environment at the moment, meanwhile the Rampage are starting to gel.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
probably the dumbest game of the year they have played, all things considered. pretty impressive considering how awful they have been

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Because they still need lots of time to develop? Kyrou wasn't ready about a month ago, do you honestly think much has changed? I know fans are always pining for the shiny new toys, but there is no need to rush either guy.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Mikkola would be ideal 3rd pair guy with Schmaltz/Bortuzzo/Gunnar.

But, we don't have room for call him up. Somebody should trade away.

And people here think/view too much for point produce. No matter if you would be most safest and trustfull dmen and not give any opportunity for opponent to score its not enough if you can't produce point wise.

We've to remember Mikkola is most used at PK and takes majority of d-zones starts + he isn't playing powerplay + he's taking starts with less good forwards (bottom6). In NHL he would play better forwards and point produce would automatically increase.

I would bet my house Mikkola would be better chiuce for our PK plays compare to Jbo or Bortuzzo.

Its not first time when vets are ahead of promising prospects.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
It looks like I picked a good game to miss. Heard Fabbri was injured. Heard he might be out a while. Dislocated shoulder maybe? Is Petro’s wrist broke?

Chet Manly

Feb 25, 2015
Saint Louis
Is there video about Fabbri injury?

It looks like I picked a good game to miss. Heard Fabbri was injured. Heard he might be out a while. Dislocated shoulder maybe? Is Petro’s wrist broke?

Not sure on any video. I caught the replay during the 2nd intermission last night. He went in hard to finish a check, shoulder to shoulder.... he lost...

You could literally see the moment the pain hit his brain during the slow mo replay. He knew it right away too. He ripped his helmet off and threw it down as soon as he got to the bench. It's either a dislocated shoulder, broken shoulder/scapula, or a broken clavicle. Either way, he's missing another 6+ weeks of the season.

Dec 15, 2002
It was just the other day it seems when people were raising CJ's 1.83 GAA, .941 SV% as some kind of sign that he was going to be fine as a backup and all the concerns over losing Hutton were overblown.

Those were good times.

Mar 6, 2012
It's like the hockey gods said.... hmmm... let's see, the Blues surely are a miserable bunch of losing losers... what can we do now... I know, let's cripple them with a staggering wave of injuries!

I remember when I used to get upset about players like this going down... but it really doesn't matter this year, does it? Nothing matters.

Let's just hope we at least get a primo draft pick out of this nightmare of a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad