GDT: First ever GDT. ‘Sad Notes vs. mangy mutts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
I hope they are, but whatever they are doing, it sure isn’t working. I see a few guys pulling the wagon, but I see a lot more passengers.

Now, with the injury situation, I’m not sure there is any fix.
I agree completely that it's not working.

I just want to avoid confusing the lack of results with the lack of an attempt.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Tune back out....quickly.

I mean...they ended last season on such a cliff-hanger. Miss the playoffs on the last day of the season? Against a team that sucked the previous year? Whoa...plot twist I didn't see coming. Then the club seemingly pushes all-in, tells the audience that next season's story-line is going to be epic must see TV and we're not going to want to miss a second of the action. I'm sold...hook, line and sinker.

Then BAM...another plot twist?!? Turns out the Coach was really a terrorist who infiltrated the organization and poisoned it from the inside? The new leading man suddenly finds his co-stars are collectively quitting on him because they're jealous of his success? The strength of the club for the past decade is now suddenly it's weakness? The GM of the club turns out to be woefully inept and several steps behind all of his contemporaries? The writers of this season deserve an Emmy. The Producers have delivered on their promise of must-see entertainment. Seems like the club may be turning heel for a couple of seasons. Did not see that coming, but it's good to mix it up from the same old monotony. We've seen slightly above average hockey for decades, ad nauseam. This, though unexpected, is at least entertaining. Only one team can be the champ this year. If you're not going to be the champ, at least be interesting. This collection of talent blew interesting out of the water and now borders on perverse. Two thumbs way up.

Nederlander

Apr 19, 2017
Colorado
Pretty new to the board, but following Blues my whole life. I guess what I'm baffled about is the same style of play night after night. We out hit the Yotes 31 to 13, but what's the score? Berube is all about the physical style of play, but clearly it's not working, plus more and more players are getting hurt. Yet nothing changes. Why not bring up Mikkola and Kyrou, try a different approach? I'd welcome seeing some new faces at least putting forth an effort, even if we keep losing.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Do you make any moves or try to ride it out?
At this point, I think trying to save this season is throwing good money after bad.

If you can improve the team long-term with a move that might help now, there's no reason not to consider that, but I generally prefer that any landscape altering moves that involve shipping current core pieces out be executed by the next group in charge.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Pretty new to the board, but following Blues my whole life. I guess what I'm baffled about is the same style of play night after night. We out hit the Yotes 31 to 13, but what's the score? Berube is all about the physical style of play, but clearly it's not working, plus more and more players are getting hurt. Yet nothing changes. Why not bring up Mikkola and Kyrou, try a different approach? I'd welcome seeing some new faces at least putting forth an effort, even if we keep losing.

Great point. If this season is lost, let's get our top prospects more ice time. The vets can watch from the press box until they get traded.

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
i would like to see mikkola and kostin get a few games ...

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Waive:
Johnson

Trade:
Allen for Howard+Blais
Bouwmeester for scraps

Call up:
Kyrou
Kostin
Mikkola
Binnington

Perron-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Maroon-Bozak-Schenn
Kostin-Thomas-Kyrou
Sanford-Barbashev-Sundqvist

Edmundson-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Mikkola-Schmaltz

Howard
Binnington

Run this until guys come back

blues hillbilly

Nov 28, 2018

Often when a team leads in hitting, it's because they don't have the puck. If the hitting is from dump the puck in and chase then fine; otherwise, we're trying to disrupt their possession. Means we're steps behind the play.

Reactions: Bendak
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->