Fire Tocchet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
No adjustments this game at all. Just keep sending the puck around to their wide open Dmen at the blue line. We were passing it right to them all night long and our dumb as announcers kept saying "Blues Keep it in the zone"...of course, because we were passing it right to them. It's like Tocchet is afraid of the middle break out, it doesn't exist. Like Good Coyote Players - it's a myth, they don't exist.

#FireTocchet
RT doesn't try anything new when something isn't working.This team does the same thing even if it's not working. We are easy to defend against.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They aren't that close. They need teams in front of them to lose a lot while also playing lights out hockey, despite having not done so for months. A rational GM would recognize that it's over. The Coyotes are "out of juice."

They've won 4 out of 11 games this month.
Our team is "out of juice" and our coach is "drinking the juice".

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I don't particularly trust Chayka if he has to interview potential coaches again. He'll probably design some special analytics on his excel spreadsheet, and end up choosing some totally obscure coach with no experience.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Lavi's Preds had the 6th best 5v5 offense to go with the 4th best 5v5 defense over his stretch of coaching Nashville. Individual years varied but that's what it averages out to. Impressive.

Bruce's Wild had the 11th best 5v5 offense to go with the 10th best 5v5 defense.

Gallant's Knights were 4th best on offense, 18th in defense. A widely mimicked attacking style but fun to watch.

Tocchet 3rd worst 5v5, 15th best D. Just collapsing into a box and crutching on strong goalies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if this guy is available? No, not Herb, he's deceased. I mean Kurt Russel. Couldn't do any worse.

"Don't want to work during the game, we'll work now"

"Think you can win on talent alone? You don't have enough talent"

Those 2 quotes sum up this team perfectly.

I know, the Coyotes are "pros", can't hold them to any type of standard. Can't expect them to dig deep even when they have no juice. New team motto:. "No juice...just excuses"

slv

Sep 19, 2012
astral
Interesting from the game vs Blues:

Player | TOI | PP TOI | Shots
------------------------------------
Hayton 10:47 --:-- 2
Kessel 13:57 2:34 0

Everyone who watched WJC`20 knows that most of Hayton`s goals scored on PP. So, when you a Rick Tocchet, and you have a young unproven center you don't trust, isnt it logical to come and say: "Hey Barrett, I will rarely put you on the ice 5-on-5, but be prepared to play the entire 2 mins in PP."

PP is a great and safe situation for the Hayton to help the team and to gain the confidence. With laser wrist shot he possess. With that struggling Coyotes PP.
Instead they still use Kessel who barely can receive the puck.

Do the coaches know about the strengths of players they manage?
WOW.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Two years ago, it was how we didn't come into camp in shape. Now, we are too tired?

I get what Tocchet is trying to say here, which is back-to-back against 2 of the top 3 teams in the West, so you are tired. But this is where in-season management and understanding comes into play.

Tocchet and staff needed to make it clear that the desperation level should have cranked up about a week or two before the All-Star break and carried over immediately into the games directly afterward. 2 out of 6 points against Anaheim, LA, and Chicago right after the break was awful. Even two additional points helps. Being up 2-0 on Carolina and Dallas (I think that was closer to late December).

This coach is all talk. If you say the right things in an interview, conversation, whatever - you can make people gravitate to you and want you on their side. Most of us probably would have done the same in Chayka's shoes. The problem is that if you present your words, but the results don't match the words, it is all for naught.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Interesting from the game vs Blues:

Player | TOI | PP TOI | Shots
------------------------------------
Hayton 10:47 --:-- 2
Kessel 13:57 2:34 0

Everyone who watched WJC`20 knows that most of Hayton`s goals scored on PP. So, when you a Rick Tocchet, and you have a young unproven center you don't trust, isnt it logical to come and say: "Hey Barrett, I will rarely put you on the ice 5-on-5, but be prepared to play the entire 2 mins in PP."

PP is a great and safe situation for the Hayton to help the team and to gain the confidence. With laser wrist shot he possess. With that struggling Coyotes PP.
Instead they still use Kessel who barely can receive the puck.

Do the coaches know about the strengths of players they manage?
WOW.
I bet the kid gets PP time next game...on the other hand, he could be in the press box. who knows?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How many years left on Tocchets contract?

It expires at the end of next season.

I like Boudreau then Laviolette. I think we are more equipped to play their style. We don't have the guys to play Gallant Hockey. We gotta move some pieces out but I don't think we need a total reshaping that would be necessary to fit the Gallant model.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It wouldn't matter between Boudreau or Laviolette for me, either would be serious upgrades. I agree, we don't have the team for a Gallant style team...and he'd be smart enough not to take the job considering our roster.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
It's not Tocchet. We need a Reaves type of player. This is the softest team I have ever seen in my entire life.
I don't think one player is going to cut it. But I agree the problem won't be fixed by replacing the coach. The roster has bigger issues. There's no reason to stick with Tocc, however, when he has no answers.
Love him as a player. Not a good coach.

Reactions: slv and Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Slight preference for Boudreau. But I go back and forth between him and Laviolette. Lavi is louder and meaner. I'm not sure how much of my preference for him is based on some strange desire for revenge against the lazy sacks of shit on this team versus how much I think he's actually the best fit. Gallant I have behind those two. But it's close, and he's still miles ahead of Tocchet on my list.

I'm convinced Tocchet was never qualified and will never be qualified.

Reactions: Matias Maccete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad