Post-Game Talk: Fire Tippett

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I doubt you even watched the game. The Oilers allowed 14 SOG in first two periods and that flattered Ottawa who didn't have the puck in our end for 10mins of that 40. The first two periods were domination. After the sens got rolling in the 3rd the Oilers had enough push back to even up that period.

Sens had 2 of their goals on PP as well, we had 1. So not sure what your'e saying with that either.

Why is it that anyone disagrees with you, your go to is “I doubt you watched the game”. I try to be as respectful to you as possible as your a long time poster- but C that. I group you with the same dinosaurs that run this team. The game has passed you by long time ago, and you really have no clue what’s going. Almost all your takes are the exact opposite of what is happening on the ice and is mathematically and statistically shown. Your eyes and your biases aren’t always correct.

Do you have statistical evidence to show “dominance” or is it just what you think? If it is just what you’re biased up- trying having conversations constructively without stating your opinion as fact.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
How the season started:

1370898269000-dallas-eakins-1306101706_16_9.jpg

How it's going:

maxresdefault.jpg
I can’t stop laughing at this. You summed it up nicely.

Reactions: Soundwave

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why is it that anyone disagrees with you, your go to is “I doubt you watched the game”. I try to be as respectful to you as possible as your a long time poster- but C that. I group you with the same dinosaurs that run this team. The game has passed you by long time ago, and you really have no clue what’s going. Almost all your takes are the exact opposite of what is happening on the ice and is mathematically and statistically shown. Your eyes and your biases aren’t always correct.

Do you have statistical evidence to show “dominance” or is it just what you think? If it is just what you’re biased up- trying having conversations constructively without stating your opinion as fact.

lol your statistical stuff is not the arbiter of what went on in a game. . I've tried to be polite about that but your every take on a game is completely "what did this guy even watch" to me.

I mean we could talk about food, beer, rum, probably agree with a lot, but not on the topic of hockey.

hockey is NOT quantified mathematically. That you think so is interesting.

Do you not think the Oilers dominated the first two periods? Even the players are saying that. Allowing a club 14 shots in two periods is about as dominated as it gets.

In anycase I'm 60 so I am a dinosaur, no offence taken. But I'm completely open to knowledge, new information, but I'm less likely to pay much attention to something as innocuous as the currently pretty useless attempts to "mathematically" quantify hockey. Like I've said many times when sensors actually record what is going on, on the ice instead of by proxy measures I'll be more interested.

With the bolded you are saying, in actual words that they only feedback you will consider is "statistical". Without realizing that advanced hockey stats lack substantiation. So that you're expecting me to "validate" my thoughts with tools that lack validation. Why would I do that?

Last edited:

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021

He sees the game through some really vintage jaded glasses. Or he’s Leos grandfather??

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
lol your statistical stuff is not the arbiter of what went on in a game. . I've tried to be polite about that but your every take on a game is completely "what did this guy even watch" to me.

I mean we could talk about food, beer, rum, probably agree with a lot, but not on the topic of hockey.

hockey is NOT quantified mathematically. That you think so is interesting.

Do you not think the Oilers dominated the first two periods? Even the players are saying that. Allowing a club 14 shots in two periods is about as dominated as it gets.

In anycase I'm 60 so I am a dinosaur, no offence taken. But I'm completely open to knowledge, new information, but I'm less likely to pay much attention to something as innocuous as the currently pretty useless attempts to "mathematically" quantify hockey. Like I've said many times when sensors actually record what is going on, on the ice instead of by proxy measures I'll be more interested.

With the bolded you are saying, in actual words that they only feedback you will consider is "statistical". Without realizing that advanced hockey stats lack substantiation. So that you're expecting me to "validate" my thoughts with tools that lack validation. Why would I do that?

Im sure Holland believes the same when people talk to him about analytics while teams with strong analytical depts are the ones that win. I’m sorry you don’t believe in math. What makes you think hockey is the exception to math? That’s what really blows my mind. Listening to Rishaug, Gazzola, post game they all saw a ooor game from the Oilers. They saw a perimeter game- not sure what you watched. You keep on going on with your eye test.

Hockey, like everything else in life, has a qualitative and quantitative measure. You, and Holland, are purely based on the qualitative and only see one side of the picture. Again, your passing of your bias of analytics as fact. Lol. You do you. I’m putting you on ignore, please do the same for me. I don’t see any value on your opinions, you don’t see value in mine

Proko88

May 6, 2010
This was a response to a poster making him sound like a nobody so it was embarassing that he scored twice.
The whole broadcast and intermissions talked about how amazing he is. Sorry, this wasn’t a shot at you just annoyed how CBC always praises the other teams players who are playing against Edmonton.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Do you ever make a post that doesn't take a dig at "Leo?"
I think he's making a dig at the poster that constantly says "Leo" can do no wrong, not "leo" himself. We all love Drai, but this particular individual devalues others at the point of idolizing Leo.. Can get to be a bit much, so perhaps a counterbalance is needed sometimes.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I think he's making a dig at the poster that constantly says "Leo" can do no wrong, not "leo" himself. We all love Drai, but this particular individual devalues others at the point of idolizing Leo.. Can get to be a bit much, so perhaps a counterbalance is needed sometimes.

Makes sense - I guess you need some middle ground. Draisaitl isn't perfect and can definitely improve parts of his game, but I think the root of the problem lies much deeper.

Reactions: Stoneman89

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Or, you know, someone closer to the root of the problem, like say, the coach, or GM, or even Bob Nicholson....the idiot who hired the idiot who hired the idiot.

I sure didn't spend all day calling a young goalie out after a bad outing while the whole time singing the praises of one of our captains who hasnt been engaged throughout this slide.

I think the name Leo was awful nice compared to the Skinner names and comments

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I sure didn't spend all day calling a young goalie out after a bad outing while the whole time singing the praises of one of our captains who hasnt been engaged throughout this slide.

I think the name Leo was awful nice compared to the Skinner names and comments

I wasn't one of the ones attacking Skinner - and I'm not sure who did as I likely glossed over them in 40 pages - but every time I see a "Leo" comment I don't even have to look at your profile to know it's you. Your posts get repetitive and tiresome. I'm sure you have some other thoughts to share on other players/coaches/GMs, so let's hear them.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad